Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager?  

334 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

The usual shite this morning from a club who have been rejected by a prospective manager. "We haven't offered the job to anybody yet. So Malky, you definitely won't be our second choice. And if you turn it down as well, we'll absolutely deny having offered it to you too."

I'm second choice? Oh no! You're still going to pay me, right?!

How many folk have ever turned down a job because they weren't the first choice?

In this case it would be like me turning down a job at McDonalds, because first choice, Gordon Ramsay, had turned them down.

25 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

I'm second choice? Oh no! You're still going to pay me, right?!

How many folk have ever turned down a job because they weren't the first choice?

In this case it would be like me turning down a job at McDonalds, because first choice, Gordon Ramsay, had turned them down.

I'd say the trust coming from the board is quite an important factor when deciding whether or not to leave your safe, well paid job to put your neck back on the line in football management.

Don't worry though, I'm sure Malky will take it.

2 hours ago, ArabFC said:

Nae sure that works, min. To be honest, not even sure it makes sense. 

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Just dropping in to make the observation that the Arab pie-fancier Asghar has been moonlighting as The Puzzler on the Numberjacks.

puzzler.PNG

asghar.PNG

Nah, not seeing it. James M82's Mr Potato Head is a better shout.

2 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Calm down man, you'll do yourself a mischief.

I might be reading this completely wrong, but it might be you that needs to calm down. It certainly ain't me anyway. By the way, to add to your increased blood pressure, according to Sky Malky looks that he is on his way to Tannadice. 

I might be reading this completely wrong, but it might be you that needs to calm down. It certainly ain't me anyway. By the way, to add to your increased blood pressure, according to Sky Malky looks that he is on his way to Tannadice. 

Sky Sports News? Their own betting site has him as 3rd favourite now (not that it means anything).

3 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Just dropping in to make the observation that the Arab pie-fancier Asghar has been moonlighting as The Puzzler on the Numberjacks.

puzzler.PNG

asghar.PNG

Stick to League 2 forums or whatever league Falkirk are in these days.

I hadn't heard of Mickey Mellon before last week but his record managing in the lower leagues in England doesn't look that shabby. A number of promotions with different teams.

Whatever will be will be.

1 hour ago, Aladdin said:

I hadn't heard of Mickey Mellon before last week but his record managing in the lower leagues in England doesn't look that shabby. A number of promotions with different teams.

I thought Mickey Mellon was a sexual euphemism until I saw a list of candidates on a bookies list.

1 hour ago, Aladdin said:

He's just got Tranmere demoted to a lower division, not a major selling point for a newly promoted club I'd have thought. Great name though.

23 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

He's just got Tranmere demoted to a lower division, not a major selling point for a newly promoted club I'd have thought. Great name though.

Tbf, that's on the back of two successive promotions. 

Mellon wouldn't be my preferred candidate but there's something to be said for a guy with 550 games as a manager doing a largely successful job in the lower leagues in England. My concern would be that he won't really know the Scottish game or the standard of player required in the Premiership (although that may be less significant with the structure at United). When Ivan Golac came in his first signing was his captain from Torquay, Chris Myers, this was into a club that had Billy McKinlay, Jim McInally and Dave Bowman already playing in midfield. Myers was miles off the standard of the other players already at the club and nowhere near good enough for the Premier League.

Edited by Pull My Strings

Tbf, that's on the back of two successive promotions. 
Mellon wouldn't be my preferred candidate but there's something to be said for a guy with 550 games as a manager doing a largely successful job in the lower leagues in England. My concern would be that he won't really know the Scottish game or the standard of player required in the Premiership (although that may be less significant with the structure at United). When Ivan Golac came in his first signing was his captain from Torquay, Chris Myers, this was into a club that had Billy McKinlay, Jim McInally and Dave Bowman already playing in midfield. Myers was miles off the standard of the other players already at the club and nowhere near good enough for the Premier League.
Suppose that risk could be mitigated somewhat by an assistant with experience of the Scottish game.

I'm veering between a Daly Robson dream team and someone with no connection to the club to avoid tarnishing two of my favourite players of the last 15 years.