Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager?  

334 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

57 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

Would United fans agree with Tom English that if Malky MacKay is appointed & wins lots of games, that any qualms about his misogyny, racism, homophobia & antisemitism will be forgotten?  F*****g condescending moral vacuum of a man. 

Fitba fans are a fickle bunch, so, you know, probably.

I know I wouldn't, but then as someone alluded to earlier I'm what many would prescribe a woke virtue-signalling bellend. Not really, but...

The more pertinent and obvious point would be how much quicker the fans would be liable to turn on a manager with such a background should he not be successful.

Near the bottom of the table and without a win in a half-dozen games and the fans would be screaming to get rid of the cretin.

1 hour ago, Golden Gordon said:

Would United fans agree with Tom English that if Malky MacKay is appointed & wins lots of games, that any qualms about his misogyny, racism, homophobia & antisemitism will be forgotten?  F*****g condescending moral vacuum of a man. 

No I wouldn't agree with Tom English because hes a thick, Glasgow centric arsehole.

Why is he on the radio or in the (irrelevant and perishing) newspapers? Waste of licence fee money for those daft enough to pay into it.

12 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Glasgow centric arsehole.

Considering his fawning sycophancy for successful businesswoman Ann Budge and her East Coast outfit, I'm not sure if that is really that true.

He is painfully annoying though, regardless of his leanings. 

2 hours ago, Golden Gordon said:

Tom English is a dick but the entire history of football suggests this is likely accurate.

It's also such an obvious truism that it barely needs repeating and is in no way a justification to give him the job

Edited by invergowrie arab

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Considering his fawning sycophancy for successful businesswoman Ann Budge and her East Coast outfit, I'm not sure if that is really that true.

He is painfully annoying though, regardless of his leanings. 

Edinburgh is south and slightly west of the Swallow Roundabout.  Anything west of that is west coast. West coast = Glasgow. 

At least we can agree that hes a dick though.

3 hours ago, Golden Gordon said:

Highlighting a major issue in appointing Mackay: he's hardly going to attract sponsorship to the club, especially a sponsor with a high profile therefore a more lucrative deal. In fact it's more likely that such a sponsor would take the company's cash elsewhere.

29 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Edinburgh is south and slightly west of the Swallow Roundabout.  Anything west of that is west coast. West coast = Glasgow.

Not sure what point you are trying to make, but you said Glasgow Centric. Hearts are not, and forgive the Capt Obvious here, in Glasgow.

14 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Highlighting a major issue in appointing Mackay: he's hardly going to attract sponsorship to the club, especially a sponsor with a high profile therefore a more lucrative deal. In fact it's more likely that such a sponsor would take the company's cash elsewhere.

That happened at Wigan when they appointed Makay.

Doesn't excuse Malky MacKay, but I'm not sure what the statute of limitations should be on dodgy social media and texts dug up by an angry ex employer for revenge purposes. 6 years would be sufficient for me without any repeats, and genuine contrition.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/28860902

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Doesn't excuse Malky MacKay, but I'm not sure what the statute of limitations should be on dodgy social media and texts dug up by an angry ex employer for revenge purposes. 6 years would be sufficient for me without any repeats, and genuine contrition.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/28860902

His text messages and distinct lack of genuine contrition suggest to me that he's a nasty little bigot. He was a nasty little bigot 6 years ago and he's probably still a nasty little bigot.

The guy was in his 40s when these messages were sent. Certainly old enough to know better. Are we really to believe that his character has spun on its head since then? Bollocks. I wish the man no ill and if he is genuinely rehabilitated then bravo to him. I don't want him representing my club though when my perception and the common perception is that he's a nasty little bigot.

The way that you conduct yourself is important, all the moreso if you are in a privileged position and/or in the public eye. He fucked up, badly and repeatedly and he will have to live with that. Tough shit.

Just now, Pull My Strings said:

Reports of new candidates and interviews have dried up today. I think they've offered the job to someone and are either waiting on a decision or simply waiting to announce it.

Be a shock if it wasn't someone already mentioned.

Alan Pardew's Newcastle contract finished today, expect him linked soon.

Id imagine United may be waiting til tomorrows court ruling before confirming the new gaffer. Mclaren (or whoever else) may want the gig but only if we are in the top league for example