Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager?  

334 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I fully understand, but at the last time of checking (roughly five minutes ago), there were hundreds of tweets in regards to Tommy Wright and approximately two in regards to Steve McClaren. Tommy is clearly the box-office candidate.

Again, its sheer desperation with the prospect of Malky as manager.

I'm not massively for or against TW - good manager-  but I'd bite your hand off for him if Malky is the only other option. Steve McClaren is a pipe dream.

Edited by mishtergrolsch

If Scott Burns is writing a story about McClaren being interviewed, then I'd be accepting that as true.

If he is available and interested, and let's be fair he isn't going to be interviewed if he isn't, then I'd take him. It might be a disaster, but with his record would be a tremendous appointment on paper.

Edited by Tannadeechee

Tommy Wright is desperate for the job according to those ITK (in the know) but if Steve McClaren is remotely interested we need to explore that possibility.

He lead FC Twente to their first ever top league title so there's no reason why he can't manage United to their second.

3 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

If Scott Burns is writing a story about McClaren being interviewed, then I'd be accepting that as true.

If he is available and interested, and let's be fair he isn't going to be interviewed if he isn't, then I'd take him. It might be a disaster, but his record would be a tremendous appointment on paper.

McLaren is a decent option. Wright is boring and would come in and accept 3rd at best. Boring.

4 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Tommy Wright is desperate for the job according to those ITK (in the know) but if Steve McClaren is remotely interested we need to explore that possibility.

He lead FC Twente to their first ever top league title so there's no reason why he can't manage United to their second.

Looking forward to his first interview in Dundonian.

All day long. Box office if appointed

1 minute ago, The Real Saints said:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/1406051/leading-contender-malky-mackay-has-been-interviewed-for-dundee-united-job/

Brutally rejected by Tommy Wright for the SECOND time. In Dundonian parlance, I believe this is referred to as a ‘minter’.

bit over the top like. the fanbase seemed more enamored with Wright than the club.

Edited by Accent-Unknown

5 hours ago, craigkillie said:

The most expensive tickets for that game (like all the previous qualifiers) was £30. It was also in November. I've no idea why it seems literally impossible for people to post about the ticket prices for Scotland matches without adding on at least a fiver.

Plus £2 handling £3 shipping.  I don't get why people can't post about Scotland tickets without deducting a fiver. 

Wondering if this whole Malky Mackay thing is actually a genius move by United.

Now it doesn’t matter who we appoint, we’ll all be just happy that it’s not him!!!

10 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

If United are after McLaren, then you can't scoff at the ambition, but if Malky is being asked to take a huge paycut, then Dutch Steve would have to be feeling rather charitable.

Asghar really is some boy.