Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager?  

334 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Theres a few cases that say different tbh.

A nurse or teacher can start again in another town if they've done their time or retraining or whatever, and their professional body ok's it. A footballer or manager is fucked for life because the fans won't have it, unless you go to Clyde. 

On 26/06/2020 at 19:27, RandomGuy. said:

BBC all but confirmed it.

So expect folk to put money on TW being United manager once its announced, him becoming favourite again, and everyone being convinced it's happening.

9 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I see Joey Barton is fourth favourite on Skybet. Can we just move straight to the second wave please.

Twitter has it being Steve McClaren.

On 21/06/2020 at 19:31, RandomGuy. said:

Excellent.

Means an absolutely no mark, with no experience of Scottish football, is a real possibilty.

I'm not entirely sure Steve Brown would let Tommy Wright walk out halfway through a 3 year deal and not have some form of clause around him joining another Scottish club within months, tbh.

Either way I think he just wanted a total break from management, so I'd be surprised if he joined United.

On 21/06/2020 at 19:37, RandomGuy. said:

He won't be going anywhere

On 21/06/2020 at 19:41, RandomGuy. said:

He strung you along to get a better deal with Saints.

I'd say the chances of him joining United just now are slim. He left us due to stress and wanting to spend time with his family, and its likely he'd only walk away from that for the NI job, which has been his career goal.

On 21/06/2020 at 19:46, RandomGuy. said:

As I say, theres absolutely zero chance he joins any club with the Northern Ireland job is still a possibility. 

On 22/06/2020 at 14:10, RandomGuy. said:

If that's true, then it's a relief as theres no chance TW will work like that.

On 22/06/2020 at 14:30, RandomGuy. said:

I'm not getting involved with that conspiracy pish, tbh. 

United fans reckon Neilson only got to make half the signings there, and players like Harkes were brought in without his input. No chance TW goes for that.

On 22/06/2020 at 15:33, RandomGuy. said:

His literal reason for leaving Saints was because he wanted more control over contractual matters.

On 22/06/2020 at 18:17, RandomGuy. said:

There is zero chance of Tommy Wright giving up the chance of the NI job for United. None.

If he doesnt get the NI job, then it becomes more realistic. 

On 22/06/2020 at 23:17, RandomGuy. said:

No comment at all from the man himself, and the same journalist frothed himself silly about 4 years ago proclaiming he was joining them when he strung them along to get a better wage at Saints.

FWIW I highly doubt United will change their entire structure for him.

On 22/06/2020 at 23:25, RandomGuy. said:

This, it's literally an opinion piece with a headline that TW wont care enough to challenge.

On 23/06/2020 at 07:05, RandomGuy. said:

If you read the article it's not even close to the headline.

An opinion piece from a journalist who admits TW is unlikely to work under their current structure.

On 23/06/2020 at 14:15, RandomGuy. said:

Theres couple of them who seem to have noticed he's getting interviewed for the NI job and have decided it's just an act to try and increase the wages he'll be on at United.

On 24/06/2020 at 11:27, RandomGuy. said:

Scott Burns saying TW "isnt under serious consideration" for the United job.

On 24/06/2020 at 20:57, RandomGuy. said:

He has no interest in United.

On 24/06/2020 at 21:21, RandomGuy. said:

Who says he'll be managing a club again at all?

Hes previously quit a management role due to the stress of full time management, but got back into it as he felt he was too young to chuck it entirely. Hes now approaching his 60s, has admitted he missed living with his wife, and has been on a hefty salary for the past 6 years.

Does his quotes in the spoiler tag sound familiar?

Reveal hidden contents

"I did not take this decision lightly but I have become disillusioned with certain aspects of the game and perhaps have taken Ballymena as far as I could.

"I have some personal reasons too that mean the time is right to move on. I enjoyed my time at the club and I think we have made progress," said Wright.

"It would have been easy to resign when we were going badly at the start of the season or when Norwich invited me to join them as goalkeeping coach in January.

"But since the end of February I have become a bit disillusioned and maybe the fact that I have been full-time has worked against me.

"Perhaps I took on too much in terms of my work at the club and that has taken its toll on me. When it affects your personal life, it is time to call it a day.

"I am leaving behind a good squad of young players who I think can do well in this league."

Wright emphasised that he did not have another job in football lined up.

"I am going to relax and take a total break from football, there is no hidden agenda. I have nothing else lined up and it is the right decision for me, my family and Ballymena United."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/irish/7368981.stm

On 26/06/2020 at 19:27, RandomGuy. said:

BBC all but confirmed it.

So expect folk to put money on TW being United manager once its announced, him becoming favourite again, and everyone being convinced it's happening.

Not saying I'd love United to appoint the fat grass just to see the tears from St Johnstone fans, but RG is a good example if that were the case. Absolutely convinced himself it'll not happen. Even if it doesn't happen, it's clear this has kept you up at night my man. :lol:

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Not saying I'd love United to appoint the fat grass just to see the tears from St Johnstone fans, but RG is a good example if that were the case. Absolutely convinced himself it'll not happen. Even if it doesn't happen, it's clear this has kept you up at night my man. :lol:

As I said, hes probably our best ever manager and left about 3 months ago, why do people think its odd I have an interest in his career?

The funniest bit is the same United fans who've spent the best part of a decade decrying TW as a "dinosaur who plays dreadful football and signs shite", now frothing themselves all over twitter demanding they hire him.

As I said, hes probably our best ever manager and left about 3 months ago, why do people think its odd I have an interest in his career?
The funniest bit is the same United fans who've spent the best part of a decade decrying TW as a "dinosaur who plays dreadful football and signs shite", now frothing themselves all over twitter demanding they hire him.
Ragin ^^^^^

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

You are such a sad little man.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

SkyBet the only company with the book still open. Tommy's odds crumbling as I went to take a screenshot. Was 4/1 now 6/4.

Lump on McClaren, hes who Burns was talking about.

News will be in the Record tomorrow.