Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager?  

334 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I tend to think at times we overreact to many things in society these days, and are very quick to judge. People can say bad things in the heat of the moment that are outwith their normal character, and should be able to see the error of their ways and not have it cast up for the rest of their lives if they genuinely act with remorse afterwards.

But in this case, it would appear that Mackay's wasn't an isolated outburst in a fit of emotion. Regular racist and bigoted messages, thinking they're clever and funny, especially when you're in a position of responsibility and are a bit of a role model for many, goes way beyond what is acceptable.

The fact is that a drunken brain dead supporter can shout an abusive comment and be charged by the police, shamed in the national press, quite possibly lose their job and be banned from the ground for life.  Yet a coach can do it regularly by text to colleagues, and end up in one of the key jobs in football in Scotland on quarter of a million pounds a year.  It's a national embarrasment that he was ever given that job.  It's not as if he was even a standout candidate, it was almost a f**k you we'll do what we like appointment.

At the start of every match we get read out an insulting statement about how we're not allowed to do certain things such as use racist, sexist or homophobic language, shite on the staircases etc, which we just sit and tolerate every week (the statement). Can you imagine if you went to the cinema or a concert or theatre or whatever and were read a statement telling you not to be racist, sexist, homophobic etc. For the vast majority outwith OF fans it's fucking ridiculous and insulting that we have to put up with it.

Yet the very c***s telling us how we should behave like normal civilised human beings are the ones who would hire absolutely anyone, regardless of their morals, or past words and deeds.

I have no idea why Utd would even consider hiring him.

I'd also like to add to this very good post that if a nurse, doctor, teacher etc had come away with only one of the things hes said they would he struck off and would never work in that industry again. Why should football, a higher profile with even more influence than said teacher, nurse or Dr would have be any different?

Cant wait to see him hold up the "Show Racism the red Card" banner if we are daft enough to take him.

Just now, mishtergrolsch said:

I'd also like to add to this very good post that if a nurse, doctor, teacher etc had come away with only one of the things hes said they would he struck off and would never work in that industry again. Why should football, a higher profile with even more influence than said teacher, nurse or Dr would have be any different?

Cant wait to see him hold up the "Show Racism the red Card" banner if we are daft enough to take him.

It was awkward enough with Robson still about...

10 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I'd also like to add to this very good post that if a nurse, doctor, teacher etc had come away with only one of the things hes said they would he struck off and would never work again.

I don't think this is true.

16 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I'd also like to add to this very good post that if a nurse, doctor, teacher etc had come away with only one of the things hes said they would he struck off and would never work in that industry again.

I don't think that's true either, it's the very fact that footballers and managers work under constant public and media scrutiny that makes it far more difficult to come back after punishment or retraining. 

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I don't think that's true either, it's the very fact that footballers and managers work under constant public and media scrutiny that makes it far more difficult to come back after punishment or retraining. 

Theres a few cases that say different tbh.

37 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

As much as I do not want him as manager Show Racism the Red Card have given him support, or at least the OK of sorts.

https://www.theredcard.org/news/2016/12/15/the-role-of-education-in-changing-attitudes

https://www.theredcard.org/news/2017/10/16/srtrc-responds-to-malky-mackays-interim-appointment

As said I don't support his appointment, if it happens, due to his record, his comments are uncomfortable, and the division it is already causing etc. #UnitedTogether it most certainly is not. I merely responding to the bold text.

Edited by Tannadeechee

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Just a bit rich complaining about someone of questionable character with when posting with an avatar of something with questionable character, let alone the content of that post.

Not that I am defending MacKay btw, I really have no dog in that particular fight.

Aye ok Ric, whatever you say. You would try and start an argument in an empty room.

20 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Aye ok Ric, whatever you say. You would try and start an argument in an empty room.

Are you unaware of Morrissey's support for right wing dog-whistle populists? He's been pretty open about it.

As I say, if you are to complain about MacKay, and I'd say there is a justifiable basis to do so considering his previous conduct, perhaps not use an avatar of someone who supports those who hold similar views.

Edited by Ric

6 minutes ago, Ric said:

Are you unaware of Morrissey's support for right wing dog-whistle populists? He's been pretty open about it.

As I say, if you are to complain about MacKay, and I'd say there is a justifiable basis to do so considering his previous conduct, perhaps not use an avatar of someone who supports those who hold similar views.

Two points...

1. I thought you were talking about my avatar.

2. I am no way supporting anything Morrissey stands for, I was simply adding to @Bigmouth Strikes Again's quip that appears to have went woooosh right over your head.

The sad thing is, it's a victory for Dundee United fans keeping him away from the club (well done!) but he's still in one of the top paid jobs in Scottish football. 

It's fucking embarrassing. 

Edited by Mr. Alli