Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager?  

334 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

There is a difference really here to be fair. Tranmere were 3 points off safety, fair few teams in the shite above then whilst they were 7th in the form table. Hearts were still 12th in the form table and at best were only making the play offs imo.

You do realise there was a massive break in the season and form matters not a jot, yes? 

17 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

:lol: 

6DD1CBE4-5579-4469-B681-960E2DB59F2A.jpeg

Without starting a cross forum war, I can see how some would think that down there.

Scottish football is perceived as a total joke and kiddie on league which, to be fair, it is when you look at recent events. 

However

We're the 6th biggest club in Scotland. Tranmere arent the 6th biggest club in the 3rd top league in England. They probably get 5 times the money we do for just plodding about between insignificant leagues and that's really the main difference. They have loads of money in the English Leagues and we have bugger all up here.

But what can he achieve there? Hes done it all and taken them as far as he probably can. Coming here for a few years he could realistically get us top 6, into Europe and maybe win a cup or two if we'rereally lucky. Much more than Tranmere or any other team outside the top dozen or so in the English Premiership could achieve. Then he could piss off to one of the arse cheeks or a Premiership club and even his grandkids would be set for life.

Rangers or Celtic? They wouldn't touch hom with a barge pole right now. Hes not got any reputation to speak of to manage at their level. Not yet.

While a semi trained, brain damaged monkey could win the quadruple treble with either of them, they still get European football every year, win cups and the likes and therefore have a high level of pull so they wouldn't look at a 3rd tier English league manager when they could appoint a high profile duffer like Gerrard or a home grown, died in the wool idiot like Lennon.

Alternatively he could come here and fail miserably and disappear back down the road to another cannon fodder team wielding the "it's a joke up there" line that they all believe it to be when realistically it's actually just as hard, if not harder up here to make it.

Anyway, welcome aboard Mr Mellon. 2 up front or I want you sacked!!

Just now, Mr. Alli said:

You do realise there was a massive break in the season and form matters not a jot, yes? 

The difference being that Tranmere were showing signs of vast improvement where as Hearts have never shown that over 2 games all season.  I would imagine that would matter a bit at least.

17 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Dundee United fans on Twitter on Hearts court case : You were relegated cos you're shite all season!

Dundee a United fans on Twitter on Mellon being appointed : Two consecutive promotions and only relegated because vote to end season early. Had a really good chance at avoiding relegation.

Some people you don't know are saying this thing but other people you don't know are saying that thing.

2 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Some people you don't know are saying this thing but other people you don't know are saying that thing.

What an exceptionally strange post, PMS. 

Are you still absolutely raging about Steve McLaren? 

12 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Without starting a cross forum war, I can see how some would think that down there.

Scottish football is perceived as a total joke and kiddie on league which, to be fair, it is when you look at recent events. 

However

We're the 6th biggest club in Scotland. Tranmere arent the 6th biggest club in the 3rd top league in England. They probably get 5 times the money we do for just plodding about between insignificant leagues and that's really the main difference. They have loads of money in the English Leagues and we have bugger all up here.

But what can he achieve there? Hes done it all and taken them as far as he probably can. Coming here for a few years he could realistically get us top 6, into Europe and maybe win a cup or two if we'rereally lucky. Much more than Tranmere or any other team outside the top dozen or so in the English Premiership could achieve. Then he could piss off to one of the arse cheeks or a Premiership club and even his grandkids would be set for life.

Rangers or Celtic? They wouldn't touch hom with a barge pole right now. Hes not got any reputation to speak of to manage at their level. Not yet.

While a semi trained, brain damaged monkey could win the quadruple treble with either of them, they still get European football every year, win cups and the likes and therefore have a high level of pull so they wouldn't look at a 3rd tier English league manager when they could appoint a high profile duffer like Gerrard or a home grown, died in the wool idiot like Lennon.

Alternatively he could come here and fail miserably and disappear back down the road to another cannon fodder team wielding the "it's a joke up there" line that they all believe it to be when realistically it's actually just as hard, if not harder up here to make it.

I’ll give him his first two games before I call for his head.

Will he be bringing his depressed dog north with him?

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’ll give him his first two games before I call for his head.

Will he be bringing his depressed dog north with him?

You've mellowed in your older age, Granny.

Cant comment on the dog but I'd guess itll be less depressed in the finest city in Scotland.

22 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

However

What? The last time you "won a cup or two in a few years" was 40 years ago.

48 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I was thinking along the lines of "Ogren - Mellon deal close to fruition"

The cliched possibilities are endless. The Courier will essentially write itself from now on:

'A juicy encounter...', 'we just needed a slice of luck...', 'this team is still growing...', 'should be winning on their own patch...' (that's enough, ed.).   

8 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

The cliched possibilities are endless. The Courier will essentially write itself from now on:

'A juicy encounter...', 'we just needed a slice of luck...', 'this team is still growing...', 'should be winning on their own patch...' (that's enough, ed.).   

"Rovers fans eschew notions of Mellon running away from Tranmere for a marriage made in Dundee as he cantaloupe"

Edit:  I'll stop now.

Edited by The_Kincardine

18 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

Are you 100% behind this appointment or do you have some ‘seeds’ of doubt ??

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

11 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

A heavy defeat, in the pishing rain, due to horrendous tactics

"Water Mellon"

When we face Celtic itll be Mellon vs Lemon.

Then when we beat them " Mellon loses rind over famous victory after Mickey reveals he was mellon over his team selection for days"

Then itll be a melloncholy dressing room after we get pumped by Hamilton the next game.

Edited by mishtergrolsch

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

A heavy defeat, in the pishing rain, due to horrendous tactics

"Water Mellon"

“And with the final score in this Scottish Cup tie Dundee United 0 Albion Rovers 2 there’s now a deep sense of Melloncholy all around Tannadice as the fans despairingly trudge out the exits.”