Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager?  

334 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Put 50p on Gary Holt with skybet so i'm sure they'll cut him to from 33/1 to 11/10 now.

I'd take McKinley, good experience probably as good as we're going to get. Would have loved McClaren but obviously not to be, feel bad for that guy who put £500 on him at 1/7/

Micky Mellon's career doesn't exactly look great, winning a conference playoff final with Tranmere and then shanfesting your way through the League 2 Playoffs the following season. Think he needs another job at a better League One or a Scottish Championship side before I'd feel comfortable with him at United.

When I first started getting a season ticket in the early 90s McKinlay was my favourite player so I'd be happy to see him back. Also a bonus that he isn't a bigoted c**t (far as I know).

That said, our record bringing in popular ex players as managers is honking. 

Not feel inevitable to anyone else that, through the process of elimination, Craig Levein is going to get hired as hes the first one* who'll say yes?

*who isnt a massive bigot

39 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not feel inevitable to anyone else that, through the process of elimination, Craig Levein is going to get hired as hes the first one* who'll say yes?

*who isnt a massive bigot

Just because you want something to happen doesn't mean it's inevitable.

Mckinlay has a good reputation as a coach and was obviously a quality player. He hasn't had much success in his limited managerial opportunities so would be a gamble.

Wouldn't be averse to rolling the dice, especially if he had a Robson or Daly as assistant.

Is it just me or is it looking less and less likely MacKay will be given the job. That is going on the assumption that he's been interviewed and his opinions evaluated. If he was such a stand out candidate then he would have been appointed by now.

Edited by Ric

Is it just me or is it looking less and less likely MacKay will be given the job. That is going on the assumption that he's been interviewed and his opinions evaluated. If he was such a stand out candidate then he would have been appointed by now.

Always suspicious of how some things get leaked to the press. Maybe Utd board were testing the waters when it was leaked that they had agreed a deal with the SFA to speak to Malky, they seen the backlash and thought mm nah.

Then Steve McClaren was meant to be a done deal, maybe he has used it to get his name in the media. I notice the Birmingham City vacancy is available.

8 minutes ago, GallowayBlue said:

Reading about Wigan’s financial woes, I think they could serve as a bit of a warning of what could go wrong with Dundee United’s current financial model.

Interest free loans passed to different people and suddenly becoming high interest loans.

Again I wish people would be in possession of the full facts, we aren't running at 133% currently nor for last season. There were reasons the losses. They have been spoken about many times on here. Is it a concern, yes, is it deadly no. As long as the openness continues and the expected shrinkage of those losses towards better and more cash flow happens in line with what we are told them I am OK. IF they don't then I'll start raising my voice. Got to allow someone to somewhat they say they will (which at the moment they appear to be) before criticism

The usual shite this morning from a club who have been rejected by a prospective manager. "We haven't offered the job to anybody yet. So Malky, you definitely won't be our second choice. And if you turn it down as well, we'll absolutely deny having offered it to you too."

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

The usual shite this morning from a club who have been rejected by a prospective manager. "We haven't offered the job to anybody yet. So Malky, you definitely won't be our second choice. And if you turn it down as well, we'll absolutely deny having offered it to you too."

Calm down man, you'll do yourself a mischief.