Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager?  

334 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

52 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Trying to think of someone he might know with a connection.

Only one I can think of is Johnny Russell, but he's too young to return to Tannadice as a coach.

Worked with Cathro at Newcastle and possibly coached Rankin as a youth at man utd.

Rumours seem to be Barry Robson who has no previous links to McClaren.

25 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

Worked with Cathro at Newcastle and possibly coached Rankin as a youth at man utd.

Rumours seem to be Barry Robson who has no previous links to McClaren.

Rankin is a decent shout actually. Kind of guy you want in the dressing room, so could work well as a No.2

Cathro. Aye, no chance. He's got a good thing going with Santo.

McClaren was a great assistant manager but a dreadful manager in the past 10 years - was successful at Boro and his first spell at Twente but has been rank rotten since.

I would have thought United would be better with someone who knew the game in Scotland - Tommy Wright is a no brainer to me.

3 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

McClaren was a great assistant manager but a dreadful manager in the past 10 years - was successful at Boro and his first spell at Twente but has been rank rotten since.

I would have thought United would be better with someone who knew the game in Scotland - Tommy Wright is a no brainer to me.

Team                           From                    To                                           Record   
                                                                                                                      P    W    D    L         Win %
VfL Wolfsburg    11 May 2010    7 February 2011                    24    7    8    9          29.2    

Nottingham Forest    13 June 2011    2 October 2011          3       3    3    7           23.1 

Twente    5 January 2012    26 February 2013                         63    30    17    16    47.6    

Derby County    30 September 2013    25 May 2015            95    51    22    22    53.7    

Newcastle United    10 June 2015    11 March 2016             31    7    6    18        22.6 

Derby County    12 October 2016    12 March 2017               29    13    7    9         44.8 

Queens Park Rangers    18 May 2018    1 April 2019            46    16    9    21    34.8 

Dreadful's rather overstating it.

Steve McClaren with Barry Robson as assistant seems to be doing the rounds. Barry will know the Premiership teams inside out from his time at Aberdeen and apparently McClaren is a very good on the pitch trainer, so it could work out to be a decent combination. Mould Barry in to the future manager, although I think he see's himself as ready to step up just now so would he leave Aberdeen which is closer to home and probably still decent money, where he is effectively along with Docherty already as good as an assistant. 

11 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Wid.

My biggest issue with going for someone like McClaren is that if (accepted that it's a big if) he does well he will be gone within a year and we are back to square one.

Depends on the contract he signs.. if he signs a decent contract and does well at least you will get a few quid if he leaves before it's up. Flip side of course is if he does shite and is sacked, it might be hefty sum to get rid of him.

3 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Depends on the contract he signs.. if he signs a decent contract and does well at least you will get a few quid if he leaves before it's up. Flip side of course is if he does shite and is sacked, it might be hefty sum to get rid of him.

I'd imagine he'll take it on because he has squillions in the bank and he's bored. The challenge will be keeping him interested.

19 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Wid.

My biggest issue with going for someone like McClaren is that if (accepted that it's a big if) he does well he will be gone within a year and we are back to square one.

She looks totally different now. Lost a shit ton of weight 

On 29/06/2020 at 13:23, Alert Mongoose said:

New favourite for the job.

DE42EBF9-8E9F-414E-9A87-C5F8CB272BB5.jpeg

***Breaking News***

Pregnant already apparently 👀👀👀

IMG_20200630_150439.thumb.jpg.c2d198e0488e1ba8d425764af8776a48.jpg

Edited by jagfox BLM

Would United fans agree with Tom English that if Malky MacKay is appointed & wins lots of games, that any qualms about his misogyny, racism, homophobia & antisemitism will be forgotten?  F*****g condescending moral vacuum of a man. 

Mackay or English? Actually, both is the correct answer

4 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

Would United fans agree with Tom English that if Malky MacKay is appointed & wins lots of games, that any qualms about his misogyny, racism, homophobia & antisemitism will be forgotten?  F*****g condescending moral vacuum of a man. 

Very likely that as we have been clearly morally bankrupt enough to vote along with much of the rest of Scottish football to send Hearts to where they absolutely deserve to be, that English feels that we will all be equally so in this case. Fanny.

It gives rise to an interesting point though. Unfortunately for Mackay, wherever he goes (hopefully elsewhere) and whatever he achieves in the game, these texts will always follow him, and define his character. That being said, football fans are a fickle bunch, and some may well be happy to turn a blind eye to his past (some are already going by Twitter) if he gets results on the park. If he doesn’t, he’ll be treated like anybody else, and hounded out the door.

The only thing that he’ll be able to do to get any sense of forgiveness and a second chance from many, is by an open display of real contrition, and real ongoing evidence (such as working with inclusion charities etc) that he has truly changed his ways, and unfortunately, I can’t really see that happening.

Praying for Schteve. (Or just about anybody else TBH)