Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager?  

334 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In my opinion Steve McLaren comes in with a higher calibre than Steve Clarke (Edit - when he arrived at Kilmarnock I mean). He’s maybe had a couple of higher profile failures than SSC but his record as a no2 and a manager exceeds Clarke.

Edited by Sortmeout

4 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

In my opinion Steve McLaren comes in with a higher calibre than Steve Clarke (Edit - when he arrived at Kilmarnock I mean). He’s maybe had a couple of higher profile failures than SSC but his record as a no2 and a manager exceeds Clarke.

I wouldn't even say its opinion. The guy has got a team to a European cup final and been an international manager. Clarke had basically managed in the Premiership and not much else.

Just now, gannonball said:

I wouldn't even say its opinion. The guy has got a team to a European cup final and been an international manager. Clarke had basically managed in the Premiership and not much else.

Yep agreed. 

I probably meant higher stock, if that makes sense. In England McLaren had become a wee bit of a joke figure whereas I don’t think that was the case with Clarke.

Although to be honest with the volume of coaches, managers down south I’m sure SSC was just widely met with a sense of “meh” by anyone other than the fans of clubs he manager, pre-Kilmarnock of course.

Ooft. Was this my exclusive or did someone else call it before me?

Edit: not at all. Quite a few of you discussing it on Saturday.

I was told by an ex Don's player to lump it on yesterday morning. Regretting not taking that advice.

Edited by Merkland Red

5 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Yeah this.

Steve McClaren, in terms of CV, would comfortably be the best manager in the country.

If Steve McClaren is appointed I will be delighted. Let's be fair outside the gruesome twosome, for a club to appoint such a high profile manager from outside Scotland is pretty rare. Should generate interest in our league as well, which hopefully is good.

I think his record is pretty decent, certainly better than McKay's. Yes he has had some bad spells, but over all I'm happy. I've seen some folk using his second spell at Derby as a stick to beat him with, but if he has that record with United next season that would have us on near 60 points comfortably in top 6.

As a  coach he has a good reputation and for us Arabs, Johnny Russell speaks highly of him.

Edited by Tannadeechee

6 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

We'll still win the Premiership within his 2 years as manager.

If he doesn't get ground down and spat out by the Scottish goldfish bowl media.

You've seen what an absolute mess it's made of some managers who really should have been able to cope with it.

What's more, have you seen the wreck Tom English has become just from covering it!

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

In CV terms but has he nae been terrible in every job he's had since Twente?

Nope not for me, looking at stats(I know never tell the full story) Derby, both spells, were pretty good.. didn't get promotion which was the aim, so that was the failure. Everyone failed at Newcastle until Benitez.