Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager?  

334 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Dynamo Needarest said:

Whatever they are they sound horrendous.

Overly salty, greasy, flattened and best when crispy and warm. They sound horrendous but are quite the thing to get the blood pressure raised in the morning.

I have more issue with the Doric tradition of a pie with onions and brown sauce served in a roll as a "breakfast".

3 minutes ago, Ric said:

Overly salty, greasy, flattened and best when crispy and warm. They sound horrendous but are quite the thing to get the blood pressure raised in the morning.

I have more issue with the Doric tradition of a pie with onions and brown sauce served in a roll as a "breakfast".

I think that you must have been in the North East of England. 

Lehs! It is us "earthy types" that call it a rowie, it's the dung chuckers fae Turra', 'Rurie and Rothie that call them Butteries, as they cluck around like hens pumping their cousins.
Until you reach the Broch, where they are simply, rolls.
Cookies in Peterhead. I have no info on the Dundee United manager.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

I think that you must have been in the North East of England. 

The rowie description or the pie in a roll? If it's the latter, I only encountered that up in Aberdeen.

Just now, Aim Here said:

Just to chime in with the baked goods survey, the preferred nomenclature in Shetland is 'butteries'. Is someone drawing up a dialect map?

Are we sure we are talking the same thing here? While it's been some time since I last ventured that far North, I don't remember rowies being a thing in the Northern Isles. Are they baked locally or do they come pre-packaged, as I have seen those.

3 minutes ago, Dan Danger said:

For the love of god can someone please post a rumour about the next Utd manager?

The reason this has gone off topic is that people are trying to avoid discussing the possibility of MacKay taking up the hot seat.

Just now, Ric said:

Are we sure we are talking the same thing here? While it's been some time since I last ventured that far North, I don't remember rowies being a thing in the Northern Isles. Are they baked locally or do they come pre-packaged, as I have seen those.

Butteries aren't huge in Shetland, but they are there. The ones I had when I was last up there came from the Walls bakery, and perfectly adequate they were too...

6 minutes ago, Ric said:

The rowie description or the pie in a roll? If it's the latter, I only encountered that up in Aberdeen.

The pie in a roll with brown sauce. I must have missed more in my youth than I realise. Although, from a personal point of view, you can shove a pie in a roll as far away from me as possible. 

17 minutes ago, Ric said:

I would class the 'pie piece' as native of Lanarkshire.  It's not something I encountered during my formative years in Aberdeen.