Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager?  

334 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

49 minutes ago, captainkev said:

Just sent in my message through the club website. Feels like pissing in the wind at this point. A quick scan of facebook shows that an alarming and shameful proportion of the fan base will accept this and think Mackay can't be racist anymore cos he done that course.

In this case the "Everyone deserves a 2nd chance" patter can also get in a fucking bin. Ok, Mackay lost out on Crystal Palace after his bigotry was exposed. Yet he still got another manager's gig at Wigan and a more than decently paid job at the SFA. That position also allowed him the opportunity to manage his country as caretaker. He's hardly been exiled or blacklisted from the sport.

He could genuinely be sorry and could have genuinely been educated and realised how hurtful and abhorrent his views were. He could look back at it all with a deep sense of shame and could have genuinely worked to become a better person since.

I sincerely doubt all of that, but ever were it true, it isn't Dundee United's responsibility to rehabilitate the guy's public persona, and it also shows a total lack of respect to many sections of their fanbase and a total disregard for the policies of the club (https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/the-club/club-policies), showing that said policies are meaningless and are there just to pay lip service to various issues.

Plus, what has he done in management recently in order to be the top candidate for this role? 

An absolutely disastrous appointment for United if they are stupid enough to make it.

23 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

These posts and arguments are almost exclusively made by people who would have no interest in attending Scotland games even if they were free to enter.

You are 100% correct. If Scotland were playing in my back garden I wouldn't close the curtains, I'd be out with my chainsaw telling them to get the f**k off my grass then billing them half of Malkies huge annual paycheck for doing f**k all at the SFA.

1 minute ago, MeadowArab said:

Is Mackay just being interviewed or is he actually being offered the job?

Well, reports are that United have been given permission to speak to him so that might be as far as it goes. You've got to think that informal discussions have already taken place though so it could be pretty close. So depressing.

17 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Goodwillie their first signing and a Jimmy Saville statue unveiled in his honour at Tannadice.

If you asked a section of our support I'd bet you theyd put him in charge of their local nursery if he said sorry on Sportsound.

5 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

It like MacKaaaaaay being hired by the Arab club....

Just a bit rich complaining about someone of questionable character with when posting with an avatar of something with questionable character, let alone the content of that post.

Not that I am defending MacKay btw, I really have no dog in that particular fight.

It's always a bit mental when this sort of thing happens. It shows a crazy disconnect between the board and the fans, and  an awful lack of insight.

Worse is when it won't bring much, if any benefit. Dundee trying to hire Billy Dodds only for their fans to be forced to point out what a monumental 'nope' that would be is another example.

These owners should speak with the fan liaison at least before going out and doing such daft things which make them look stupid.