Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager?  

334 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That's my email in too, although like a few on here, it has significantly less impact now I'm not a ST holder, and barely make it to games.

From looking at various forms of social media, there doesn't seem to be much middle ground between the "it's all in the past" and "no thanks, never" views

5 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

That's my email in too, although like a few on here, it has significantly less impact now I'm not a ST holder, and barely make it to games.

From looking at various forms of social media, there doesn't seem to be much middle ground between the "it's all in the past" and "no thanks, never" views

Hard to sit on the fence on this in fairness. You either want racist or you don't managing your club..

1 minute ago, Bohemian said:

Hard to sit on the fence on this in fairness. You either want racist or you don't managing your club..

I accept the argument that people should be given a second chance, and it is possible that he has changed or, indeed, made a dreadful error of judgement that didn't actually reflect his genuine views, so I can see why some people are willing to give him a shot.

My biggest problem is that he has never taken ownership of the "mistake". All his apologies have been of the political "I'm sorry I was in that environment" or "I'm sorry you feel that way" type, and on an issue like this, that's simply not good enough. It's not as if he hasn't had long enough to make himself absolutely clear either.

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

After the whole Robson thing (under the old regime I think?) I'm surprised they are even entertaining him, this Orgen can't think hiring a manager with previous for racism and the hight of the black lives matter campaign is a good idea, either that or he shouldn't be near running a club the size of United.

Just sent in my message through the club website. Feels like pissing in the wind at this point. A quick scan of facebook shows that an alarming and shameful proportion of the fan base will accept this and think Mackay can't be racist anymore cos he done that course.

In this case the "Everyone deserves a 2nd chance" patter can also get in a fucking bin. Ok, Mackay lost out on Crystal Palace after his bigotry was exposed. Yet he still got another manager's gig at Wigan and a more than decently paid job at the SFA. That position also allowed him the opportunity to manage his country as caretaker. He's hardly been exiled or blacklisted from the sport.

44 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I accept the argument that people should be given a second chance, and it is possible that he has changed or, indeed, made a dreadful error of judgement that didn't actually reflect his genuine views, so I can see why some people are willing to give him a shot.

My biggest problem is that he has never taken ownership of the "mistake". All his apologies have been of the political "I'm sorry I was in that environment" or "I'm sorry you feel that way" type, and on an issue like this, that's simply not good enough. It's not as if he hasn't had long enough to make himself absolutely clear either.

"It was the folk I was around at the time and, if you were to get your phone searched I bet you're all racist too." 

Malky Mackay is ICTJohnboy. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but us being given permission to speak to Mackay could just mean that he's being interviewed and not necessarily being offered the job (yet)?

I hope he doesn't get it. Otherwise I don't think I'll be back at Tannadice for a long time.

Just now, Bairn in Exile said:

I hear if Mackay gets the gig he's going to re-design your strip for next season.

Here's a sneaky wee preview:

Grand Dragon KKK Robe | Texas State History Museum

Is that's Granny Danger's kit?  It's got his initials on it.

I have also e-mailed the club.

I have e-mailed not to threaten the club with any action that I might take. I have e-mailed to voice my protest and to ask that they consider the wider implications of such an appointment, principally, fragmenting our recently reunited fanbase, and causing untold damage to our reputation within Scottish football.

Being honest, whilst I absolutely disagree with this appointment, if this is to be, I can’t see myself switching off a lifetime of support for the club I love. Perhaps that shows a lack of principal on my part, and those who were to genuinely stop going to Tannadice over this, should it come to pass  I admire, and agree that everyone is entitled to react in the way that they see fit.

For the fans of other clubs who say that they would stop supporting their club were they in our position, again, it is easy to say that when it is not your club, and you are not faced with such a decision.

Fucking Hell!!!

250k a year 'performance director' . Now I know why they charged £35 to see Kazakhstan in October. 

The most expensive tickets for that game (like all the previous qualifiers) was £30. It was also in November. I've no idea why it seems literally impossible for people to post about the ticket prices for Scotland matches without adding on at least a fiver.

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The most expensive tickets for that game (like all the previous qualifiers) was £30. It was also in November. I've no idea why it seems literally impossible for people to post about the ticket prices for Scotland matches without adding on at least a fiver.

Probably because Scotland games are so shite it feels more expensive that it really is.

7 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Probably because Scotland games are so shite it feels more expensive that it really is.

These posts and arguments are almost exclusively made by people who would have no interest in attending Scotland games even if they were free to enter.