Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager?  

334 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yeah, have to question why anyone would feel disgusted their club has hired someone guilty of this.
BvhJ9jKCUAE8gHG.png.a5c5430d67bc6747de09741c8dd4e7cd.png
Who was questioning it? I'm saying it's one thing to not want Mackay as manager, it's another to say you won't be back, and more importantly, follow that through. There will be plenty fans who don't like what Utd are doing but will still go. Each to their own.

Utd can't get away from this, this will divide supporters, it already is. I hope they're prepared for this. Is he REALLY worth it? Definitely not in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

It does show, if it was actually needed, that the SFA don’t care about the youth setup by giving the role to someone who was only using it as a stopgap.

I'm not sure the SFA are in any better a position than any of the rest of us to magically predict the future and see what opportunities come up. I'd imagine that part of their thought process for employing him in the first place might actually have been that no club would be stupid enough to go anywhere near him on account of his history.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I'm not sure the SFA are in any better a position than any of the rest of us to magically predict the future and see what opportunities come up. I'd imagine that part of their thought process for employing him in the first place might actually have been that no club would be stupid enough to go anywhere near him on account of his history.

He’s, er, been on a course.  

Aye, that's pretty much my feeling on the matter too. 
It's not just a case of staying away from Tannadice for the duration of Mackay's tenure should he be appointed. This reflects badly on the people who currently run/own the club.
I really don't want to stop supporting my team. However, I'm not happy to give my money and backing to people who think it's acceptable to hire a bigot like Mackay.
You see, this is what I think. The fact that he's even under serious consideration for the job is enough. In a way, it no longer matters to me whether he actually takes the job or not. And as you've said, this feels serious enough that right now I couldn't see myself going back to Tannadice under the current owners even after Mackay leaves.

As much as I enjoy ripping the pish it's heartening to see United fans seriously putting the club under pressure over this. Its sad that its had to come to this but a wholehearted 'well done' to those who are standing up and being counted. 

Just now, Mr. Alli said:

As much as I enjoy ripping the pish it's heartening to see United fans seriously putting the club under pressure over this. Its sad that its had to come to this but a wholehearted 'well done' to those who are standing up and being counted. 

P&B talk is easy though. 

25 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Is he an arsehole? Yes.

John Hughes and Neil McCann are arseholes.

Malky Mackay is a, proven, bigot. A homophobic, racist, sexist, bigot. 

Would I be disappointed if Malky Mackay was Aberdeen manager based on his past comments and attitudes? Yes very much so. 
Do I think Malky Mackay should never be a football manager again? No 
Do I think people should be allowed the opportunity to change and show that they have developed as a person? Yes 

I think by not letting people the chance to change you entrench people’s views. I thought Mackays comments were disgusting and I abhor the views within them. However, I did my dissertation on criminal punishment and the majority of my honours courses were in criminology, criminal justice etc on way to qualifying as a solicitor and my studies have made me very pro giving people a second chance. I totally understand why some people hold the view he shouldn’t be appointed, I sympathise with that view but I will always defend someone’s chance to move on and try to put their past behind them. If people think his past is too much for him to ever get a job again I think it’s a valid opinion to hold but I disagree. 

Normally I'm one to give people a second chance but there's such a history here that I can't this time.  I'm not going back to Tannadice while he's still in charge. 

I've no season ticket to worry about and I doubt United will miss my dozen visits each season.

2 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

In what way did he show contrition and look to make amends? I'm not saying he didn't I'm just genuinely unaware.

If he did I would be genuinely interested to see it.

I was under the impression he made a public apology and then attended “Kick it out” training who then gave their support for him receiving another job. I dislike being on the side of the person who made racist comments but I’m unsure what else you would like him to have done after having made the comments. 

I understand if what he’s said means for you he should never be a manager again but I don’t know what else would be appropriate for him to do in terms of rehabilitation 

5 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

In what way did he show contrition and look to make amends? I'm not saying he didn't I'm just genuinely unaware.

If he did I would be genuinely interested to see it.

2 minutes ago, ScottishZizou said:

I was under the impression he made a public apology

Screenshot_20200628-142959_Chrome.jpg.25ca4efaed9c85a39c4b99f96c166fda.jpg

Suppose that makes, at least, 3 years of homophobic, racist and sexist "banter" alright.

I dont want him but I dont think I could jack it completely on the basis of the appointment.

People that have expressed views like he has aren't beyond rehabilitation but even his efforts in terms of the courses etc didnt appear that sincere. Would need to do a hell of a lot more to have me believing he's changed.

My bet is the majority of the support wont really give a shit and he'll be judged on results.