Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager?  

334 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

People seem to want to judge Steve McLaren on what he did in the England job without considering how he got it in the first place. He won Middlesbrough their only ever major honour, led them to their highest league finish for about 50 years and took them to a European final. After he left they almost immediately went down under the management of the current England manager.

Even after leaving England he won Twente their first ever league title and also had a pretty good first spell at Derby. He's had some dodgy spells in that period too, otherwise he wouldn't even be in the picture for the Dundee United job, but you'd imagine if he was up for it he'd be under strong consideration.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

People seem to want to judge Steve McLaren on what he did in the England job without considering how he got it in the first place. He won Middlesbrough their only ever major honour, led them to their highest league finish for about 50 years and took them to a European final. After he left they almost immediately went down under the management of the current England manager.

Even after leaving England he won Twente their first ever league title and also had a pretty good first spell at Derby. He's had some dodgy spells in that period too, otherwise he wouldn't even be in the picture for the Dundee United job, but you'd imagine if he was up for it he'd be under strong consideration.

McLaren would be a big name for a club of our stature, and he’s definitely done a great job at several clubs. His brand is probably tarnished by the fact he’s a bit Alan Partridge.

I would love him to get the job just to hear him trying to put on a Dundee accent in his interviews!  

2 hours ago, Tannadeechee said:

Seeing rumours that Steve McLaren was one of those interviewed.

Although also read on another forum that we says they had spoken to someone in United that said it's Malky.

1 hour ago, ArabFC said:

Steve McLaren?

Now there's a guy who knows his fitba... 

52 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

McLaren would be amazing. 

44 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

McLaren managing a team with Shanks and the other chap you just mentioned in the Utd thread would be as rewarding as getting a cheeky 10 mins in the shower with Scarlett Johansson.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I don't care who Dundee United appoint as their new manager, but I hope it's not Steve McClaren so I don't need to constantly read people spelling his name wrong.

56 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I don't care who Dundee United appoint as their new manager, but I hope it's not Steve McClaren so I don't need to constantly read people spelling his name wrong.

Apologies. Can't be any worse than for 5 years no one could spell Rankin correctly, even though his name was written over the back of his jersey every game!

McLaren would be a big name for a club of our stature, and he’s definitely done a great job at several clubs. His brand is probably tarnished by the fact he’s a bit Alan Partridge.

I would love him to get the job just to hear him trying to put on a Dundee accent in his interviews!  
I can't get past his fucking HAIR ISLAND

48 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
1 hour ago, Junior_Arab said:

I can't get past his fucking HAIR ISLAND

If it was a choice between McLaren and McKay, it’s no fucking contest.....

Hair Island Boy wins all fucking day long.

1 hour ago, GallowayBlue said:

Steve McLaren is head and shoulders above everyone else that has been mentioned in this thread, in my opinion.

If he wants it and United can afford him they should get the contract signed tomorrow.

If United can afford him, he's clutching at straws.

43 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Horrendous rumour that we've asked permission from SFA to speak to the racist one.

Fucking hope not.

If true Tony needs to head to his bed then in the morning give himself a wee talking to and come to his fucking senses.

Other than Cardiff, he's been rank rotten at his other clubs, never mind his texts!

1 hour ago, iamnotgarybollan said:

I mentioned it in the main United thread but if Mackay was to be made manager then expect Scott Booth to be his assistant

They are very good friends from coaching before

I'm sure the self-aggrandising bellend cherry on the racist scumbag cake will be well received.

7 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

When was the last time you got your hole?