Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager?  

334 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Asghar talking about succession planning within the club leads me to think that it's probably going to be McCulloch. Pretty underwhelming if so.

Where's this?

McCulloch signed very well for Killie, but was a bit of a disaster tactically I thought (could be wrong). His strength in management would be redundant as that's what Ashgar runs pretty much. Killie fans will obviously be able to speak with more authority, but that'd be recipe for disaster IMO.

Hope he's appointed.

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

McCulloch signed very well for Killie, but was a bit of a disaster tactically I thought (could be wrong). His strength in management would be redundant as that's what Ashgar runs pretty much. Killie fans will obviously be able to speak with more authority, but that'd be recipe for disaster IMO.

Hope he's appointed.

No idea really where McCulloch's strengths lie although the players at United seem to like working with him. But, yeah, United are looking for a coach to work with players rather than a manager to sign them. That's Asghar's remit. 

Suggests to me that it'll be a younger coach/manager or a foreign guy who is comfortable working in that system. Guys like Wright and Levein will probably demand too much autonomy. FWIW, I think it's probably a better model. Huge sums are wasted on constantly turning over squads to meet the particular quirks of successive managers. Surely better to simply bring in good players and look for a guy who knows how to set up a team. 

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

No idea really where McCulloch's strengths lie although the players at United seem to like working with him. But, yeah, United are looking for a coach to work with players rather than a manager to sign them. That's Asghar's remit. 

Suggests to me that it'll be a younger coach/manager or a foreign guy who is comfortable working in that system. Guys like Wright and Levein will probably demand too much autonomy. FWIW, I think it's probably a better model. Huge sums are wasted on constantly turning over squads to meet the particular quirks of successive managers. Surely better to simply bring in good players and look for a guy who knows how to set up a team. 

It's the set up our club has been crying out for for fucking years. 

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

Asghar talking about succession planning within the club leads me to think that it's probably going to be McCulloch. Pretty underwhelming if so.

Pretty sure that's not what he's referring to. He's basically talking about how the club plan for every eventuality.

Asghar seems to have the majority of fans on board, but I dunno - I detect major David Brent vibes fae him.

21 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Stephen Glass coming to Utd? I miss 90s rumours.

If this happens I'm dreading getting in his brothers taxi blootered. Many a Sunday morning has been spent on a cross Dundee journey just wishing the nights intake would cause a heart attack there and then rather than listen to how he's Stephen's brother.