Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager?  

334 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 minutes ago, Sugar_Army said:

Just done a very unscientific poll among Arab friends and colleagues.  These are people who are either season ticket holders or who have regularly attended Tannadice for over 20+ years.

Asked them to put aside a the Hearts issues and vote between1-10 on how disappointed they were at losing Neilson.

After 12 replies the average score so far is 5.

Hardly a ringing endorsement for a manager who just got us promoted.

There were a few added comments such as...

Football uninspiring despite winning.

Hard to watch a lot of time.

Without Shankland's goals we would have struggled.

Biggest budget is a poor league but hardly set the heather on fire.

Yeah he got us up but think his tactics and formation would have seen us struggle next year.

He signed some duds.

As I say, very unscientific but nothing that was not aimed at Neilson throughout last season by more than a few fans online.

I don't know what reality some fans live in. United have had a management team who have operated like complete diddies for 5 years, they finally get someone who is competent, taking 58 points from three rounds of fixtures this term (which only Rangers and Hearts have bettered in the last decade) and then he's still getting plenty of stick at the manner of winning. Teams don't stroll the second tier and win it playing brilliant football, it's a shitfest.

Losing your manager in the window after promotion has potential to be disastrous, just look at St Mirren a couple of seasons back who accumulated a very good points total heading up and were only saved by a historically bad Dundee after the Stubbs debacle. Not only have United lost a good manager, it's the worst possible time for it to have happened.

35 minutes ago, harry94 said:

I don't know what reality some fans live in. United have had a management team who have operated like complete diddies for 5 years, they finally get someone who is competent, taking 58 points from three rounds of fixtures this term (which only Rangers and Hearts have bettered in the last decade) and then he's still getting plenty of stick at the manner of winning. Teams don't stroll the second tier and win it playing brilliant football, it's a shitfest.

Losing your manager in the window after promotion has potential to be disastrous, just look at St Mirren a couple of seasons back who accumulated a very good points total heading up and were only saved by a historically bad Dundee after the Stubbs debacle. Not only have United lost a good manager, it's the worst possible time for it to have happened.

No. Employing James McPake is disastrous.

Bring back the current leader of this poll would be glorious.

🤪

Craig-Levein-6-vass.jpg

1 hour ago, harry94 said:

Timing is poor but the question is what do Untied fans think of Neilson and the reality is he was not highly rated by United fans. The big difference between this season and last season (where Neilson failed to get us up) was 2 things Shankland's goals and mid season conceding very few goals. I say mid season as that was when Connolly was injured and Neilson stumbled on a partnership of Wilson and Reynolds. But Robbie brings Connolly back in to the team and we start leaking goals again. And without Shankland's  goals  we were serving up the same turgid stuff as the season before. 

1 hour ago, ArabFC said:

No. Employing James McPake is disastrous.

Bring back the current leader of this poll would be glorious.

🤪

Craig-Levein-6-vass.jpg

Your Levein obsession is a bit concerning. Even going so far as red dotting me and others when we voice our doubts about bringing him back. 

It's okay Craig we respected you during your time with us, don't spoil those memories by being bitter now ❤️

My fantasy scenario is now Jambo scapegoat Craig Levein leading United to a top 4 slot in the Premiership coupled with Championship supremo Robbie Nielson's Hearts failing to achieve promotion (extra bonus points if Dundee and/or St Mirren are involved, somehow). When they realise that Craig was never the problem, it was the team all along, it would send Hearts fans hurtling even further into a psycho-emotional abyss of Marianas Trench proportions.

Please make this happen.

2 hours ago, Aladdin said:

Given the lack of extracurricular activities at present, United should put together a hastily produced Apprentice style show to fill the position.

Filmed in real time using all of Arabzones cutting edge production tools, the usual selection of scottish football's unemployed motley crew competing in a series of daily tasks for the ultimate prize.

And get Tom English to chair the selection panel.

21 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

My fantasy scenario is now Jambo scapegoat Craig Levein leading United to a top 4 slot in the Premiership coupled with Championship supremo Robbie Nielson's Hearts failing to achieve promotion (extra bonus points if Dundee and/or St Mirren are involved, somehow). When they realise that Craig was never the problem, it was the team all along, it would send Hearts fans hurtling even further into a psycho-emotional abyss of Marianas Trench proportions.

Please make this happen.

Throw in the fact Hearts gave us the 6 figure sum for Neilson to help pay Leviens wages, that would be quite funny.

31 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Your Levein obsession is a bit concerning. Even going so far as red dotting me and others when we voice our doubts about bringing him back. 

It's okay Craig we respected you during your time with us, don't spoil those memories by being bitter now ❤️

I'm red-dotting every fucker who is deriding the idea - I won't hide that - fools the lot of ye! 😘

37 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Please make this happen.

Got to say, Dundee pipping Neilson's Seethelothian to the Championship title, with him shitfesting the playoffs only to face Levein's United who beat them on penalties repeating Neilson's failure against us a couple of seasons back. Providing a Dundee derby back in the big league, and keeping the Gorgie children down for another season. For the cherry on top, it's St Johnstone who finished in 12th join them. :D

It's not going to happen, but it would certainly be a good chuckle.

5 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Like Csaba was.

Aw yeah, there's always a (big) chance going off piste for a manager will blow up in your face. But I'm a gambling man and would rather have the slim chance of unearthing a gem than sticking with the same old sacks of manure. 

Pressley ruling himself out. Saying Neilson wanted out for some time due to financial worries. Levein said that Neilson was in touch with him as far back as November wanting back at Hearts. Pressley ruling himself out, probably to the relief of United fans.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Pressley ruling himself out. Saying Neilson wanted out for some time due to financial worries. Levein said that Neilson was in touch with him as far back as November wanting back at Hearts. Pressley ruling himself out, probably to the relief of United fans.

listened to Pressley on sportsound, some of the rubbish he was coming away with was laughable 

Just now, dundeeunited83 said:

listened to Pressley on sportsound, some of the rubbish he was coming away with was laughable 

As a Dee, I can't make a judgement without being accused of bias one way or the other, but what I would say is that Pressley & Neilson are best mates so some of Pressley's thoughts, 'rubbish' as they may be might have been reflected by Neilson as well.