Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager?  

334 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Would imagine we will try for mcinally although it’s a big jump from Peterhead. Although the former player is nearly always the angle with every appointment

Please, please do this.

Jim fucking McInally :lol:

8 minutes ago, dundeeunited83 said:

This kinda scares me tbh 

I'd take them over Laszlo any day of the millennium. 

That's about it though. It was a joke believe it or not.

Have seen folk mention Barry Robson. It somehow intrigues me....he seems to know what hes talking about from the little I've seen of him and I think hes been or was coaching at the Sheep for the last while has he not?

Extremely unlikely obviously. 

Maybe we'll see a 'Murican manager come in? Bruce Arena time!

1 minute ago, ArabianKnight said:

Definitely not in the Levien camp. 

No thanks. 

Let's leave the past glories behind and look forward to something new and fresh. 

I agree. Couldn't see him working with Asghar either tbh.

Same as Tommy Wright tbh. Don't think hed fit at Utd anyway tbh.

I’m not 100% sure on my numbers below but am I right in saying that by the end of next season Hearts and Dundee Utd will have played a total of 6 seasons in a row in the second tier, with RN in charge for 4 of those seasons?

For clubs of that size to be in the second tier and for one guy to be as involved as that in such a short time frame is pretty mental if you ask me.

3 hours ago, ArabFC said:

f**k memories.

I want a guy in who can provide us with a few more years of stability, and Levein has proven he can do that here.

So f**k if he was shite at Hearts. He was shite at Leicester too before he joined us.

Neilson was shite in Milton Keynes. McInnes was shite at Bristol City. Lennon was shite at Hibs. Robinson was shite at Oldham. I reckon I could go on a while but I can’t be arsed looking into it.

In reality, at our level, in fact probably at most levels, previous performance at one club is a very poor indicator for what will happen at the next club for football managers.

By that logic- failed at Sunderland, failed at Coventry, failed at Hibs, failed at Newport..

I give you Terry Butcher- future Champions League winner at United...