Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager?  

334 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

48 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

f**k memories.

I want a guy in who can provide us with a few more years of stability, and Levein has proven he can do that here.

So f**k if he was shite at Hearts. He was shite at Leicester too before he joined us.

Neilson was shite in Milton Keynes. McInnes was shite at Bristol City. Lennon was shite at Hibs. Robinson was shite at Oldham. I reckon I could go on a while but I can’t be arsed looking into it.

In reality, at our level, in fact probably at most levels, previous performance at one club is a very poor indicator for what will happen at the next club for football managers.

Most of the managers we’ve hired, then sacked, have been hired on the basis of success at a previous club.

It’s heavily odds-on that whomever we bring in next, we’ll end up sacking, so why the fcuk wouldn’t you go for the guy who has clicked here before?

To be fair to Robinson Oldham were in a financial mess when he was there, anyone would have struggled.

Just now, TheColossus said:

I reckon give Lee McCulloch a chance.  He is spoken of very highly by the club

Hiya Lee mate, reckon you've got a chance at the job too mate. TheColossus, like the name as well :D 

34 minutes ago, Yorky said:

To be fair to Robinson Oldham were in a financial mess when he was there, anyone would have struggled.

Well who knows, but we could rattle off hundreds of other examples where managers have a great record at a club following a shit one somewhere else, but lets look at it the other way.

We hired...

Paul Sturrock because of his good work at St Johnstone.

Ian McCall because of his good work at Partick.

Craig Brewster because of his good work at Inverness.

Jackie McNamara because of his good work at Partick.

Mixu Paatelainen because of his good work at Kilmarnock.

Ray McKinnon because of his good work at Raith.

Csaba László because, well, I have no idea why.

Now most folk appear to want to hire Tommy Wright because of his good work at St Johnstone. And of course that makes perfect sense to everyone. Why on earth would you hire someone who did a shit job in their last role?

Except, as shown before, Levein was the best manager we've had since McLean, and he'd just been sacked and Neilson (grudgingly) is probably the best since Levein, and he'd just been sacked.

Edited by ArabFC

1 hour ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Would imagine we will try for mcinally although it’s a big jump from Peterhead. Although the former player is nearly always the angle with every appointment

I'd imagine that McInally won't be anywhere near the shortlist and you're an absolute blether. "Try for" McInally, ffs.

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Because, if you'll excuse my language, he's an absolute fucking c**t of a human being.

Entirely fair, he'll be desperate for it I'd imagine. 

Honestly couldn't envisage Tommy Wright being remotely interested in any Scottish clubs outwith the Old Firm (and possibly Aberdeen or Hibs at a push). I really don't see him managing another club in this country.

Edited by The Real Saints

Honestly couldn't envisage Tommy Wright being remotely interested in any Scottish clubs outwith the Old Firm (and possibly Aberdeen or Hibs at a push). I really don't see him managing another club in this country.

You’re actually scared he goes to United. He’s left you lot anyway. Why you so bothered?