Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager?  

334 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, dundeeunited83 said:

Tommy wright will be in with a shout  

Can't wait for the Saints fans to pop up in either this thread, or our actual thread, quoting the various walloper United fans on twitter shooting down shouts for Wright, not because he'd expect a better gig, but because he isn't "United quality".

Can't say I'd even blame them, there's already a few lining up to be mocked for that patter.

Edited by captainkev

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Did the Americans hire Neilson?

No.

Neilson was appointed in October. Ogren officially took control in the December.

I hope their appointments are as bat shit mental as our American overlords.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I don't think so, I think it was Mike Martin that did. 

Excellent.

Means an absolutely no mark, with no experience of Scottish football, is a real possibilty.

2 minutes ago, captainkev said:

Can't wait for the Saints fans to pop up in either this thread, or our actual thread, quoting the various walloper United fans on twitter shooting down shouts for Wright, not because he'd expect a better gig, but because he isn't "United quality".

Can't say I'd even blame them, there's already a few lining up to be mocked for that patter.

I'm not entirely sure Steve Brown would let Tommy Wright walk out halfway through a 3 year deal and not have some form of clause around him joining another Scottish club within months, tbh.

Either way I think he just wanted a total break from management, so I'd be surprised if he joined United, especially with the NI job still open.

5 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

Duncan Ferguson please.

There is not a hope in hell you'll appoint the current Everton assistant manager whilst he's being groomed by one of the world's best managers to be his replacement when he leaves.

Agreed that Big Dunc wouldn’t return, although wouldn’t that be fantastic? Even if he was shite!

I’m on the Sir Craig of Levein bandwagon - screw the lot of you!

An option unlisted, who holds the often-required qualification of being a good former player is Billy McKinlay.

Not sure Tommy Wright and the current structure at United is the right mix but then every job that would maybe appeal to him will arguably present the same problems. 

He's surely not going to jump into anything until the Northern Ireland situation is clear either.

Seeing him in the United dugout wouldn't be easy!