American looking for an SPFL team

2 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

AmericanFan, have you ever shot someone?

Come on now, this is just unpleasant stereotyping. That's like assuming that a forum for mainly Scottish men would be full of borderline alcoholics.

Oh, hang on a sec...

1 hour ago, AmericanFan said:

Celtic has a store at the St. Mirren stadium?

Yeah. They sell joint season tickets where you can go to each stadium if you can’t make it to away games. Half and half scarves have been the top seller in each of the last four seasons.

20 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Yeah. They sell joint season tickets where you can go to each stadium if you can’t make it to away games. Half and half scarves have been the top seller in each of the last four seasons.

Yeah theyve had a really close bond since 1986.

@AmericanFan for your knowledge, Celtic had to beat St Mirren by a set amount of goals on the final game day of the season, otherwise Celtic wouldnt win the league. Celtic won the game 5-0, which was enough, as St Mirren didnt put any effort in. The two sets of players celebrated at the final whistle, then the fans celebrated together at the end.

The image below was taken after the match. Celtic fans have green and white striped scarfs with a thin band of gold/orange in it, St Mirren fans have the black and white striped scarfs. Colours arent the best due to the age of the photo.

Obviously theres a clear photo of the flag @Bully Wee Villa mentioned.

0_GL910929.jpg.6756e09f6df4a880efb1048b20955253.jpg

7 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

We have it in Scotland too.

Falkirk FC don't actually play their home games in the town of Falkirk. Their stadium is located in Grangemouth.

Add Clyde to the list, they are nowhere near the river since relocating to the Arctic Circle.

Have you considered just picking the most successful club outside the OF in the last 30 years? 3 Scottish Cups in that time. 1 of only 2 sides outside OF to qualify for Euro group stage football. The only downside is we're on the naughty step just now and currently being mismanaged by a successful businesswoman. Heart of Midlothian are the long game here. You might want to take a look at Hibernian's derby record before making your choice as well. 

19 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Have you got a gun?

9 hours ago, AmericanFan said:

I do not.

1 hour ago, Boostin' Kev said:

AmericanFan, have you ever shot someone?

He did then his Mother took them as his eyesight was failing and he couldn't shoot them anymore.

3 hours ago, AmericanFan said:

Not if you still have Jimmy G. slinging it :)

Cheers on Brechin City. It's impressive there are that many Scottish pro teams.

Afraid to ask, but are they still in League 2 or going to Highland?

I know...I mentioned on 49ers fanzone that we should try and trade for Rodgers. That was not a popular suggestion! I think it would guarantee a Superbowl tbh.

Brechin ended the season wildly adrift at the very bottom of the SPFL (Div 2). Not a Brechin fan, but they'd certainly bring you more enjoyment than supporting Aberdeen.

This is fun. The SPFL should be encouraging us to do this on US sports sites; imagine all the new friends we could bring to the game/CIA watch lists we could get Scotland added to.

@AmericanFan - don't worry about European qualification, that only ever lasts a couple of games anyway, and won't change as we're all shite. Seriously, look up Scotland's club performance in Europe, it's embarrassing. If you're determined to settle for a Premiership team who aren't associated with flying arthropods and spectacular views of the Ochils - Scotland's equivalent of the Rocky Mountains - you're probably better off going for a team that's likely to be involved in an exciting relegation battle at the other end of the table. The top end is a bust, and has been for more than thirty years. Ooh, the battle for third place! Can we finish in the top half this season? Thrilling stuff.

To that end, you might as well go for Hamilton Academical, Motherwell's rivals and perennial overachievers. Good guys and regular humiliators of much bigger clubs, who rage most satisfyingly about having to play such a diddy outfit in the first place. They seem to do well in youth development, and have a name that will no doubt invite questions when you mention your new team to friends. Fairly certain you'd be their first American fan too, so you could start a supporters' club and declare yourself Hamilton Fan #1. Exciting times.

Then, when Hamilton do eventually bite the bullet and get relegated, you can involve yourself in the joy of a title challenge, something that fans of Aberdeen, Motherwell et al will never experience. Thrill as your team scores double figures against one of Scotland's most hated clubs! Perhaps even revel in your club relegating big-city wallopers Hibernian in the most embarrassing way possible! Why, I'd almost have convinced myself, if I hadn't already found a superior option.

Seriously, Alloa Athletic. East of Glasgow and west of Edinburgh. Stars of BBC Scotland and regular highlights on YouTube (hi @LeodhasXD). Mon the Wasps.

1 hour ago, Arabdownunder said:

Lack of ambition from the OP. Traditional entree for an American into Scottish fitba is to buy a team, not support one.

Maybe he doesn't have the £1 that The Rangers would be asking for.

I would certainly avoid Celtic and Rangers*.  Celtic are like a renaissance duke who owns vast tracts of lands and untold riches, but they cannot enjoy their wealth and power as they are convinced their servants are plotting to poison them.  Rangers* are like a tramp who has purchased a dead lord's clothes, who becomes outraged & lashes out whenever he is not treated like an aristocrat. 

Alright Chief, there is an Elgin in Kansas so I suggest supporting Elgin City on that basis. 
He doesnt know KC isnt in Kansas. Go for the Buddies .i live in Oregon We will either excite you or depress you all in 1 sesson.