Shire TV archive footage ?

teekasule

I asked a while back but unfortunately no one could really help. 

I've been looking for Shire Footage from 2007 season - mainly the East Stirlingshire 4 v 5 Albion Rovers match. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUImm-REgqI

some footage is still tantalisingly archived, but no match footage. wondered if anyone knew if the videos were still accessible somewhere ? cheers Tee

2 hours ago, teekasule said:

I've been looking for Shire Footage from 2007 season - mainly the East Stirlingshire 4 v 5 Albion Rovers match. 

some footage is still tantalisingly archived, but no match footage. wondered if anyone knew if the videos were still accessible somewhere ? cheers Tee

@Dead will be the man most likely in the know. I'm pretty sure the footage will be somewhere, just maybe not online at this moment.

3 hours ago, teekasule said:

I do have about 100 shiretv videos that aren't online that I re-dicovered a few mths ago. I know I have the game you want somewhere (i would love to watch it again myself) but have yet to come across my shiretv highlights from that season. Though i will let you know if i find it. I am sure i even put that game on a DVD along with others. The missing shire videos I found are from 2008/09 on.

Plan b is once lockdown is over is to get the original hard drives with all the shiretv recordings from their owner and hopefully I will be able to give you good news.

18 hours ago, Dead said:

I do have about 100 shiretv videos that aren't online that I re-dicovered a few mths ago. I know I have the game you want somewhere (i would love to watch it again myself) but have yet to come across my shiretv highlights from that season. Though i will let you know if i find it. I am sure i even put that game on a DVD along with others. The missing shire videos I found are from 2008/09 on.

Plan b is once lockdown is over is to get the original hard drives with all the shiretv recordings from their owner and hopefully I will be able to give you good news.

cheers - very much appreciated. Tee

On 19/06/2020 at 10:04, teekasule said:

cheers - very much appreciated. Tee

Funny how these things work out. I was up in the loft today searching for some old Shire information I had misplaced and came across an old broken computer. Immediately I thought that if I got it up and running then there may be old Shire stuff on it including videos. 

To cut a long story short I got the computer working and found over 200 old shiretv videos that I had downloaded from the club website at time. This year I have been tracking down the missing Shire videos that are not on the shiretv YouTube channel and have been up loading them to the shire fans forum but I was still missing a number of videos including season 2007/08. I had a very quick glance tonight over the videos I have rediscovered and there seems to be possibly all the videos from the 2007/08 season home and away plus some of the others I was missing from other seasons :)

So tomorrow I will check for the 4-5 game your were asking about and confirm if it there.  The videos are in Flash Video format so I will just nead to convert them for uploading. The quality of the videos aren't great but ok if you keep the picture size small.  I am just really glad I have tracked them down given as it was our last season at Firs Park. 

Think this will now leave me with just 2006/07 season shiretv to find and a few others from various seasons.

I have now gone through the videos from 2007/08 and the good news is that  I definitely have the 8/12/07 shire v rovers 4-5 highlights. Even after watching it again this morning I  can't believe Shire lost the game. Also have the other league and Scootish Cup games from same season between the teams.

The plan probably with get the hundreds and hundreds of missing Shire videos I have uploaded to the shiretv YouTube channel. Would have to do it gradually though as I am working on some Shire books at the moment.

If you pm your email address I can send you the video as the FLV version is only  7mb in size and the mpeg version 10mb. Can send you either or both versions. Quality isn't great but it still watchable.