Season 2020/21 - if/when?

3 hours ago, MrMartinBlack9 said:

Do you guys still think football with crowds will be coming back in October? I read this yesterday which seems to cast some doubt on it. Really hope this isn’t the case though - I’m a Brora fan & the Highland League haven’t got a set date yet, but with any luck it’ll be October as well. https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-government-collision-course-nicola-22293031

If case numbers remain at the low level they are now there will be no reason why we can’t get back to crowds in grounds, especially at lower league level.  The government are always trying to dampen down expectations but I would be pretty confident of being able to attend matches in October now, although it might not be quite back to what we are used to.

8 minutes ago, charlie king mvp said:

If case numbers remain at the low level they are now there will be no reason why we can’t get back to crowds in grounds, especially at lower league level.  The government are always trying to dampen down expectations but I would be pretty confident of being able to attend matches in October now, although it might not be quite back to what we are used to.

Thanks, I’m definitely hoping so! Totally agree with you, even if it’s with reduced numbers that would be better than nothing. 

11 minutes ago, charlie king mvp said:

Don’t think social distancing would be a problem for Cowden or Brechin!

1 hour ago, onecowden said:

Not really surprised by this. Not sure why it wasn’t decided at the same time as league 1 though.

Presumably the divisions had to be sorted out sequentially. Otherwise you could have the League 2 format confirmed only for some League 1 clubs to decide not to play the season, thus screwing up the League 2 plans.

Presumably the divisions had to be sorted out sequentially. Otherwise you could have the League 2 format confirmed only for some League 1 clubs to decide not to play the season, thus screwing up the League 2 plans.

Fair point.

I didn't expect to see football again in 2020. Welcome news, but still treating it with caution. We still don't properly know what where dealing with in terms of how the virus might behave in winter time.

If fans are allowed to attend, it's impossible to see normal service resuming. Have to assume there will be capped capacities and social distancing in place.

Would think that you'd have to either have a season ticket or provide proof of ID on order to buy a ticket. Clubs will likely have to know who is in the ground and, perhaps, where they are sitting/standing in order to contact trace in the event of someone testing positive. 

I'm not sure what the position will be on away travel. As it stands, a bus wouldn't make economic sense. No idea what the capacity of a 52 seater will be, but it won't be much. We've certainly had 20 people on one before, but that would probably be around the actual capacity! Could also be that clubs are only allowed to open certain areas of the stadium and that the limited capacity may be taken up exclusively by home fans. 

It could be that we sadly don’t have away fans next season, I’m just happy we’ve got a date to look forward to.

Extract from the SPFL rules:

IMG_0372.jpg

In practice unless matches were all ticket it would probably be impossible to keep visiting fans out.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

A reasonable number might possibly be 0 under the current restrictions, particularly if that is enforced by the government.

This is true. These are exceptional circumstances. The rules also prevent live broadcast of games domestically online yet that will be happening next season where we have closed door games.

However, he's also correct in that unless clubs make admission season ticket only for a period, it will be reasonable difficult / impossible to prevent away fans showing up if they want to. The 5 mile leisure restriction will be dropped from next week and if they can travel...........

23 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

This is true. These are exceptional circumstances. The rules also prevent live broadcast of games domestically online yet that will be happening next season where we have closed door games.

However, he's also correct in that unless clubs make admission season ticket only for a period, it will be reasonable difficult / impossible to prevent away fans showing up if they want to. The 5 mile leisure restriction will be dropped from next week and if they can travel...........

That restriction was dropped on Friday unless I'm mistaken, albeit it still applies in Dumfries & Galloway which is where you are.

Edited by craigkillie

Was dropped from last Friday.

Not in Dumfries it wasnt, but I take the point. 
Doesnt change my,or your, point though.

There are many of us in Stranraer who think the travel ban in Dumfries should remain in place permanently, but not for Covid-19 related reasons [emoji6]

16 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

There are many of us in Stranraer who think the travel ban in Dumfries should remain in place permanently, but not for Covid-19 related reasons emoji6.png

Perfectly happy for you to keep playing your banjos in the Cleyhole to be honest. 😋