Capital Hill Autonomous Zone (CHAZ)

I was in Christiana in January and the atmosphere round there was just weird.  I didn't see any trouble or feel particularly threatened but you could sense that things could kick off.  All in all, a nice idea that had just been hijacked by scum and lunatics.  
Had a very nice hot chocolate there though, which thankfully and despite my fears, didn't seem to be laced with anything. 

Maybe it was a laced with a massive dose of mescaline and everything that’s happened since January is just a huge bad trip.

Groups on twitter apparently patrolling the area with ar-15’s as ‘security’. One guard shot two people in the autonomous zone and they expected the non autonomous zone ambulance and healthcare professionals to come in from the USA and treat them, not terribly sure they get what declaring yourself autonomous means...

All going well then. 
Isn't it common practice for ambulances to require Police attendance where someone's been shot? 

The ambulance staff despite being american were willing to go into the autonomous zone and treat casualties with police protection, the protesters refused and then blamed the ambulance staff for failing to treat the injured. Absolute madness.

Armed guards strolling round keeping "order". 

“The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.”

Its little more than a glorified pillow fort. 

7 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The ambulance staff despite being american were willing to go into the autonomous zone and treat casualties with police protection, the protesters refused and then blamed the ambulance staff for failing to treat the injured. Absolute madness.

I think the authorities are doing the right thing, here. If I was the mayor, I would set up a 'border' (think blockade) and charge a tariff on goods 'exported' to the zone. I wouldn't prevent the exportation of various commodities, but I would, say, quadruple the price of the good by way of the tariff. So somebody wants to take in a $10 dollar pizza? Fine, that'll be a $30 tariff. I don't think it would last very long and I reckon any outside help would be exhausted very quickly. Bet of all it'd close with absolutely no violence from the authorities. 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/22/seattle-dismantle-chaz-protest-zone

After a second gun attack in 48 hours CHAZ to be dismantled. 

“It’s time for people to go home. It is time for us to restore Cal Anderson and Capitol Hill so it can be a vibrant part of the community,” said the Seattle mayor, Jenny Durkan, during a press conference. “We can still accommodate people who want to protest peacefully, come there and gather. But the impacts on the businesses and residents and community are now too much.”

Durkan said Seattle police would be returning to the east precinct, the site they abandoned after a series of dangerous clashes between protesters and law enforcement.

She said they’ll do so “peacefully” and “in the near future” but did not offer an exact timeline.

The decision comes about two weeks after a section of the Seattle neighborhood of Capitol Hill was occupied by protesters as a self-proclaimed police-free zone. The area is also known as the Capitol Hill Organized Protest (Chop).

Seems anarchy was to anarchic for the current mayor of Seattle. 

I am not sure that this is what Mao was thinking off when he urged that change only comes from the barrel of a gun. 

5 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Theres a video on twitter of a guy who said he went to the CHAZ and was shot 5 times, he blames the police for not being there despite wilfully entering a place that declared itself outwith police control and had ‘no cops’ signs at the door. Hmm.

I mean the whole endeavour sounds mental but that sounds like the most obvious psyop ever

Latest is that a 16 year old has been shot dead and a 14 year old is wounded.

Impossible to find sources quickly that aren’t www.MAGATRUMPSCREWTHELIBTARDS.org or Twitter accounts called TrotskySTANaccount ACAB but seems legit.

Seattle cops have apparently cleared out the zone, no resistance from protesters.

Again, find it hard to get an sources that aren’t bat shit mental Commies with anime avatars or dead eyed righties who are gutted the cops didn’t kill everyone in a six block radius of the zone. Yank politics is tiring.