Fixtures 2020/21

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Sorry Romeo, let's not insult our intelligence by pretending you have an actual view on something.

If you can't answer a simple question I suggest you don't roam about the forum crying your eyes out at perceived injustice at the hands of Celtic and Neil Lennon.

Your only problem here is you can't get over "big bad Celtic".

If Aberdeen and their fans concentrated more on their own team and affairs they might finish in 3rd place more regularly and get a couple more European qualifiers under their belt on a regular basis.

I'll leave you lads to mop up each others tears.

Edited by Romeo

2 minutes ago, Romeo said:

If you can't answer a simple question I suggest you don't roam about the forum crying your eyes out at perceived injustice at the hands of Celtic and Neil Lennon.

Your only problem here is you can't get over "big bad Celtic".

If Aberdeen and their fans concentrated more on their own team and affairs they might finish in 3rd place more regularly and get a couple more European qualifiers under their belt on a regular basis.

Have a greenie, that was quite something :lol:

Why should Celtic/Rangers be the only clubs allowed to delay their most profitable home match until fans are allowed in?

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Have a greenie, that was quite something :lol:

The problem with Romeo on P&B,  and also one of the things that make him entertaining, is that he continues to ask you to answer questions that he "sets". So you answer the question, but because he never agrees with any answer, you haven't actually answered it in his (blinkered) eyes. Good fun.

Guest DAVIDB69

Think they best hold off until UEFA provide all the dates for next season European qualifiers . We will find out within a day but I would not be amazed if they designate the whole of August as a catch up month for qualifiers for next season , that might mean weekend European qualifiers.

Most leagues will be starting their new seasons sometime in September , so I doubt there will be any consideration if Scotland are away on a new season on their own

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Why should Celtic/Rangers be the only clubs allowed to delay their most profitable home match until fans are allowed in?

Maybe if you stopped worrying about Celtic, St Johnstone might be able to appoint a manager.

If we get all of our ibrox and Celtic park fixtures scheduled for the first half of the season as a trade off then I’m delighted with that move. 

Them losing home crowd advantage, whilst we don’t lose out on cash from home games sounds ideal.

Think they best hold off until UEFA provide all the dates for next season European qualifiers . We will find out within a day but I would not be amazed if they designate the whole of August as a catch up month for qualifiers for next season , that might mean weekend European qualifiers.

Most leagues will be starting their new seasons sometime in September , so I doubt there will be any consideration if Scotland are away on a new season on their own

August is when they're looking to finish this seasons tournament. There's already provisional dates. The SPFL will schedule one of the OF games for that point so that it's postponed till later in the season as Rangers still have their second leg to play.

1 hour ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Why do you keep presenting your completely incorrect points of view as though they might be realistic possibilities?

Guest DAVIDB69
Why do you keep presenting your completely incorrect points of view as though they might be realistic possibilities?

Well in the unlikely scenario rangers go further in Europe , now confirmed that the tournament is finishing in Germany over 11 days. 

I admire the optimism here that there will be games with any fans next season.
Other countries have fans back already. Are you saying that you genuinely don't believe that we, a country averaging less than 20 cases and 5 deaths per day, will be able to do this at any point in the next 11 months?

Guest DAVIDB69
Other countries have fans back already. Are you saying that you genuinely don't believe that we, a country averaging less than 20 cases and 5 deaths per day, will be able to do this at any point in the next 11 months?

Isn’t stage 4 more or less normal life

44 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Isn’t stage 4 more or less normal life

Normal life would be when we are out of Phase 4 (an implicit Phase 5). However, Phase 3 allows live events (presumably including sporting events) with restricted numbers and social distancing. Phase 4 includes further relaxing of these restrictions.

We're basically in Phase 2 now, so if things keep moving in the right direction as they have then there may even be some possibility of having some fans inside the stadium by the time the season kicks off.

Having watched some of the German and English games, I hope that we do not play any games behind closed doors. I don’t know what would be worse, a Celtic or Sevco game with added crowd noise, or games like we’ve seen today, no tackles, training sessions. That Liverpool/ Palace game was truly brutal. One team trying to win and the other trying not to tackle/get injured.

33 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

Having watched some of the German and English games, I hope that we do not play any games behind closed doors. I don’t know what would be worse, a Celtic or Sevco game with added crowd noise, or games like we’ve seen today, no tackles, training sessions. That Liverpool/ Palace game was truly brutal. One team trying to win and the other trying not to tackle/get injured.

Fans seem to fall into two camps. Those that think there will be no fans allowed is stadiums until 2052. And those sensible fans that think with a fair wind by the time the top flights starts of shortly thereafter. Perhaps with a reduced capacity. 

I fall in to the latter category and hope that with rates / cases falling fast we can get back to watching in stadiums by mid to end of August. Mind if it is up to our First Minister she will wait until there has been no cases on earth before we are allowed back into stadiums. Not saying she is overly cautious or anything...not at all....

Edited by welldaft