Fixtures 2020/21

7 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

Having Doncaster on SSN this morning was also a sign that they're taking it seriously for once. Who knows they might actually improve the coverage.

They’ve had Doncaster in the studio a good few times on fixture release day and normally do a trip to every Premiership ground in the week leading up to opening day. However their coverage naturally drops when the EPL kicks into fashion 

Are folk seriously thinking that we are going to have fans back at full capacity just in time for an OF game ? Not a chance !!!

I think everyone knows that won’t be the case, but the spfl/sky/the old firm whoever, obviously wanted to give that as much chance as possible and even if it’s 25% capacity allowed that’s still over 10,000 allowed in.

I think everyone knows that won’t be the case, but the spfl/sky/the old firm whoever, obviously wanted to give that as much chance as possible and even if it’s 25% capacity allowed that’s still over 10,000 allowed in.
I don't see the difference tv coverage wise between showing it closed doors or with 10000 there. Point I'm making is fans would need to be back a good few weeks before the scheduled date to have any chance imo. Given the caution showed throughout by the SG in opening back up (not necessarily a bad thing) I don't see them allowing fans back just before an OF game. It might work against us all ultimately.

Accies have said our home game against Sevco will only be available to international viewers. Don’t know if any other clubs have followed suit on that after the chat on here about virtual season tickets and games on tv etc.
Definitely not all our ST purchasers get access to live stream for home games.

It makes some difference having fixtures in January every month looks more evenly spread out, only having two fixtures in November is strange.
For me on paper Hamilton look to have the hardest start in august the only team to have last seasons top four in one month.
With cups, internationals and Europeans games still to be added some players will struggle with the recovery time. 

For me on paper Hamilton look to have the hardest start in august the only team to have last seasons top four in one month.

No surprises they try their best to relegate us on and off the park every season, yet to succeed get it up them.

11 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Accies have said our home game against Sevco will only be available to international viewers. Don’t know if any other clubs have followed suit on that after the chat on here about virtual season tickets and games on tv etc.

The VST thing is linked directly to STs. It's explicitly referenced in a section from page 101 of the 20/21 SPFL Rules.

Presumably if Accies aren't doing Season Tickets this season it fucks them up in terms of able to broadcast the Sky games.

Edited by capt_oats

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/07/2020 at 09:10, Scotty Tunbridge said:

With the English announcement today what are the chances of any fans being at games in October up here?

Playing it safe we are around 3 weeks behind each of their moves.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/53441670

or will pressure be put on to let fans back for a certain game. 

6 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

With the English announcement today what are the chances of any fans being at games in October up here?

Playing it safe we are around 3 weeks behind each of their moves.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/53441670

or will pressure be put on to let fans back for a certain game. 

It really depends on a number of factors.

1. What is the stadiums capacity?

2. How well can it manage social distancing at the turnstiles, entrences, exits, toliets etc.

3. What is required outside and nearby the stadium

4. Will there be a second wave around this time?

5. What police and othe resources are available to manage the fans/stadium.

And many more. The english leagues have the benefit of having much larger stadiums and potentailly better ways to socially distamce fans. I know whole fir park has around 3 times the number of seats compared to season ticket holders, keeping social distancing within the stands wod be very tricky and wod require all fans following the rules (which we know some fans will not).

19 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Group stage taking place during the two international breaks. Be nice to have some football in that period for once, even if we end up down a player or two.

December seems to be a very difficult month. For example, if Rangers were good enough to qualify for the Quarter final and make it to the group stages of the Europa League, we will he scheduled to play:

3rd, 5th, 10th, 12th, 15th, 19th, 23rd, 26th, 30th and 2nd of Jan.

That is crazy haha. 

57 minutes ago, AJF said:

December seems to be a very difficult month. For example, if Rangers were good enough to qualify for the Quarter final and make it to the group stages of the Europa League, we will he scheduled to play:

3rd, 5th, 10th, 12th, 15th, 19th, 23rd, 26th, 30th and 2nd of Jan.

That is crazy haha. 

All that means is there will be no break at all for rangers, which has been your achilles heel over the past 2 seasons.

10 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

All that means is there will be no break at all for rangers, which has been your achilles heel over the past 2 seasons.

Correct 😂 it could be a blessing in disguise! 

On 17/07/2020 at 13:00, Phillips455 said:

It really depends on a number of factors.

1. What is the stadiums capacity?

2. How well can it manage social distancing at the turnstiles, entrences, exits, toliets etc.

3. What is required outside and nearby the stadium

4. Will there be a second wave around this time?

5. What police and othe resources are available to manage the fans/stadium.

And many more. The english leagues have the benefit of having much larger stadiums and potentailly better ways to socially distamce fans. I know whole fir park has around 3 times the number of seats compared to season ticket holders, keeping social distancing within the stands wod be very tricky and wod require all fans following the rules (which we know some fans will not).

For my education, is wod a term used by the youngsters, my spell check doesn’t recognise it so it wod have to be deliberately typed.

• 7 months later...
On 18/06/2020 at 23:56, craigkillie said:
On 17/06/2020 at 15:16, ScoRoss said:
I admire the optimism here that there will be games with any fans next season.

Other countries have fans back already. Are you saying that you genuinely don't believe that we, a country averaging less than 20 cases and 5 deaths per day, will be able to do this at any point in the next 11 months?

Pretty much, yeah 

On 06/07/2020 at 07:46, RandomGuy. said:

Apparently the Scottish Government is pretty hell bent on being the first UK country to be "Covid free", so dont surprised if they flat out refuse to allow fans into games until that happens, whenever that'll be.

Wanted to see my post from this thread seeing as it's becoming a "flashback" thread to see if folk had made an arse of themselves.

Wild how it's almost been a full year of this and we're still in "lockdown" as the Government are refusing to open up until the virus is "eliminated"...