Fixtures 2020/21

There will be the usual moans next week about the split as with the seeding at the start it always assumes the top 6 will remain the top six etc

However looking at the fixtures even if this was the case they gave Celtic 4 home games against the seeded sides in the 3rd round of games meaning they have an imbalance in games post split

The breakdown to get to 19 home and 19 away should be 

Rangers 3 home 2 away

Celtic 2 home 3 away

Hibs 3 home 2 away

Aberdeen 2 home 3 away

Livingston 2 home 3 away

St Mirren 2 home 3 away

St Johnstone 3 home 2 away

Dundee United 2 home 3 away

Motherwell 3 home 2 away

Ross County 2 home 3 away

Hamilton 3 home 2 away

Kilmarnock 3 home 2 away

If St Mirren claim 6th on Saturday there will be an imbalance in both the top and bottom six with teams being asked to play 20-18 or 18-20 , not so important this year with no fans . If St Johnstone claim 6th then its a balance with everyone playing 19 home and 19 away. Even then the bottom six is going to have a few fixture swaps to make it work.

For the top 6 there are some quirks

• Rangers should have 3 home games but Celtic , Aberdeen , Hibs and Livingston have only gone to Ibrox once, so one of them (It won't be Celtic by past fixtures will get a 3rd home game with Rangers
  • Celtic will be at home to who ever claims 6th but one of Aberdeen or Hibs will need to return to Celtic Park for a 3rd time
  • Hibs should play at home to Celtic , Livingston and who ever finishes 6th , but I can see them being the team asked to swap Rangers and Celtic games
  • Aberdeen should play at home to Celtic and Hibs but if St Johnstone make the top 6 could have a 3rd trip to Perth
  • Livingston should play Aberdeen and Celtic at home but could have a third trip to St Mirren
  • If St Mirren finish 6th they should play Aberdeen and Rangers at home but may need to sway Aberdeen and Livingston around  
  • If St Johnstone make 6th they should play Livingston and Rangers at home and a third visit Aberdeen

Thus my guess for the top 6 is Hibs will play Celtic away for a third time and Rangers at home for a third time to balance out Celtic and Rangers fixtures 

if St Mirren remain in 6th Aberdeen get a third game at home them and a 20-18 fixture set, however if its St Johnstone they travel to Perth and the fixtures are balanced

In the bottom six the confirmed teams there are a few quirks and until its confirmed which of St Mirren or St Johnstone play in the bottom six there are far too many complications.

• Dundee United will be away to one of the Saints and then have a second trip to two of Hamilton , Kilmarnock, Motherwell or Ross County
  • Motherwell should play Kilmarnock , Ross County and one other at home , if St Mirren are in the bottom six it should be them but if St Johnstone are someone should make a 3rd visit to Fir Park
  • Ross County are due a visit from Hamilton and either Saint
  • Hamilton should play Kilmarnock and Motherwell at home but need a 3rd visit from one other bottom six team
  • Kilmarnock are in the same position with home games due against Ross County and St Mirren if they are in the bottom six but they have played the other teams at Rugby Park so 1 or 2 teams will need to return to Rugby Park for a third time.

This is the year they could impose an imbalance on Rangers/Celtic.  The league is over there are no crowds. The league will always be able to point at this year and say look we don’t treat them differently.

Curious about what will happen with Club TV if a team plays 20 home games and 18 away will season ticket holders for the club who plays 20 get the 20th game for free and for the club that plays 18, will they need to pay for the 20th away game via PPV.

I know under normal circumstances the answer is yes but it’ll be interesting to see if anything happens differently this year.

35 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

There will be the usual moans next week about the split as with the seeding at the start it always assumes the top 6 will remain the top six etc

However looking at the fixtures even if this was the case they gave Celtic 4 home games against the seeded sides in the 3rd round of games meaning they have an imbalance in games post split

The breakdown to get to 19 home and 19 away should be 

Rangers 3 home 2 away

Celtic 2 home 3 away

Hibs 3 home 2 away

Aberdeen 2 home 3 away

Livingston 2 home 3 away

St Mirren 2 home 3 away

St Johnstone 3 home 2 away

Dundee United 2 home 3 away

Motherwell 3 home 2 away

Ross County 2 home 3 away

Hamilton 3 home 2 away

Kilmarnock 3 home 2 away

If St Mirren claim 6th on Saturday there will be an imbalance in both the top and bottom six with teams being asked to play 20-18 or 18-20 , not so important this year with no fans . If St Johnstone claim 6th then its a balance with everyone playing 19 home and 19 away. Even then the bottom six is going to have a few fixture swaps to make it work.

For the top 6 there are some quirks

• Rangers should have 3 home games but Celtic , Aberdeen , Hibs and Livingston have only gone to Ibrox once, so one of them (It won't be Celtic by past fixtures will get a 3rd home game with Rangers
  • Celtic will be at home to who ever claims 6th but one of Aberdeen or Hibs will need to return to Celtic Park for a 3rd time
  • Hibs should play at home to Celtic , Livingston and who ever finishes 6th , but I can see them being the team asked to swap Rangers and Celtic games
  • Aberdeen should play at home to Celtic and Hibs but if St Johnstone make the top 6 could have a 3rd trip to Perth
  • Livingston should play Aberdeen and Celtic at home but could have a third trip to St Mirren
  • If St Mirren finish 6th they should play Aberdeen and Rangers at home but may need to sway Aberdeen and Livingston around  
  • If St Johnstone make 6th they should play Livingston and Rangers at home and a third visit Aberdeen

Thus my guess for the top 6 is Hibs will play Celtic away for a third time and Rangers at home for a third time to balance out Celtic and Rangers fixtures 

if St Mirren remain in 6th Aberdeen get a third game at home them and a 20-18 fixture set, however if its St Johnstone they travel to Perth and the fixtures are balanced

In the bottom six the confirmed teams there are a few quirks and until its confirmed which of St Mirren or St Johnstone play in the bottom six there are far too many complications.

• Dundee United will be away to one of the Saints and then have a second trip to two of Hamilton , Kilmarnock, Motherwell or Ross County
  • Motherwell should play Kilmarnock , Ross County and one other at home , if St Mirren are in the bottom six it should be them but if St Johnstone are someone should make a 3rd visit to Fir Park
  • Ross County are due a visit from Hamilton and either Saint
  • Hamilton should play Kilmarnock and Motherwell at home but need a 3rd visit from one other bottom six team
  • Kilmarnock are in the same position with home games due against Ross County and St Mirren if they are in the bottom six but they have played the other teams at Rugby Park so 1 or 2 teams will need to return to Rugby Park for a third time.

An excellent breakdown, cheers. I won't lie, it made my heard hurt a bit, but excellent nonetheless. 

Curious about what will happen with Club TV if a team plays 20 home games and 18 away will season ticket holders for the club who plays 20 get the 20th game for free and for the club that plays 18, will they need to pay for the 20th away game via PPV.
I know under normal circumstances the answer is yes but it’ll be interesting to see if anything happens differently this year.

The answer to the first question is probably yes (though it will depend on the exact agreement for season ticket sales). The answer to the second question is definitely yes, because PPV sales go to the home team and there's no way an away club is going to stump up to pay for their fans to get streams.

Any idea how quickly these will be out? I suppose with the cup games and international break they don’t need to rush but it would be nice to know what’s when along with which games being moved for telly etc.

The thought of potentially being able to watch a game in a boozer 🥰🥰🥰

15 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Any idea how quickly these will be out? I suppose with the cup games and international break they don’t need to rush but it would be nice to know what’s when along with which games being moved for telly etc.

The thought of potentially being able to watch a game in a boozer 🥰🥰🥰

They take a wee while most of the time. Maybe less worry about Police input this season for most games though.

I can't understand why the draft fixtures could not have been published half an hour after the final match on Saturday. 

It has been obvious for a couple of weeks that it was a straight choice between St Mirren and St Johnstone for sixth place. I would have assumed that they would have two draft plans prepared for either eventuality.

I can see the complications had St Mirren made the top-six but with St Johnstone taking it there is not much tweaking required. 

2 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
12 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:
When was the last time it actually meant anything for the bottom side though?

Maybe Killie-Falkirk in 2010? I take it your post is hinting that you think we'll be safe in 10th by then?

Quite the opposite. Relegated before then.

1 hour ago, deej said:

Why is Rangers v Hibs on the Sunday? 

I thought the same given that there are no fans and therefore no real reason why both Celtic and Rangers can't play at home on the same day.

I'm assuming it's to do with it likely being televised.

33 minutes ago, AJF said:

I thought the same given that there are no fans and therefore no real reason why both Celtic and Rangers can't play at home on the same day.

I'm assuming it's to do with it likely being televised.

As someone who is able to attend games just now the police numbers around the grounds have increased in the last few weeks, up to now we only had had police vans etc at McDiarmid for the games with Celtic and Rangers but they appeared for the game against Hibs after we had fans turn up at the stadium after the league cup win. 

I would assume there is now a concern that Rangers fans may turn up at any of their remaining home games (Most likely to happen on the day of the trophy presentation)