Fixtures 2020/21

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Can imagine everything will be up in the air a bit with this season in general in terms of times and so on. However, the reason I am led to believe it is still 48 is that a raging Rangers blogger/journalist at the Daily Express called "Bruce Archer" claimed that there would be extra games this season, and several people I trust said he was talking nonsense.

I had forgotten about the stooshie that article caused and the vehement denials! 

Still gins it strange that there could be a number of weeks with no games but that should hopefully mean more 3pm Saturday games and (SG permitting) more fans at the games. 

2 minutes ago, Handsome John said:

I had forgotten about the stooshie that article caused and the vehement denials! 

Still gins it strange that there could be a number of weeks with no games but that should hopefully mean more 3pm Saturday games and (SG permitting) more fans at the games. 

There will almost certainly be one game shown every fixture round (Celtic or Sevco away).

TV picks have only been announced for 6 fixture rounds, and Sky have "up to" 35 games remaining (for 32 rounds). 

It is likely that our game against celtic on the 29th August will be pushed back to the 30th. We are due to be playing a Europa league qualifier so i am really bemused why this hasnt been taken into consideration  (Aberdeens game has and our game isnt even being televised).

3 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

It is likely that our game against celtic on the 29th August will be pushed back to the 30th. We are due to be playing a Europa league qualifier so i am really bemused why this hasnt been taken into consideration  (Aberdeens game has and our game isnt even being televised).

I assume it's because the list currently only takes into account changes for television, and no other purpose.

I don't think it's something to lose sleep over.

Edited by The Master

36 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I find it more amusing that the SPFL would publically state it wasn't something they could (or were going to) do, then go and do it anyway.

I'm annoyed that it happens, and I'm even more annoyed that you get fans on here who are fine with it.  Treating the OF as special, damages everyone else.

5 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Your Europa League game isn't guaranteed to take place on the Thursday - it could be moved to the Tuesday (or Wednesday) if there's a city clash or something like that.

9 minutes ago, The Master said:

There will almost certainly be one game shown every fixture round (Celtic or Sevco away).

TV picks have only been announced for 6 fixture rounds, and Sky have "up to" 35 games remaining (for 32 rounds). 

Fair point, I got my sums mixed up in my earlier post. 

This way of doing gives Sky the Big Bang they’ll look for as pet of the new deal but going forward it’ll likely go into the back burner again a bit 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Apparently the Scottish Government is pretty hell bent on being the first UK country to be "Covid free", so dont surprised if they flat out refuse to allow fans into games until that happens, whenever that'll be.

Considering there were Scots travelling to England a few days ago, and this weekend has been filled with folk having house parties, it wont seem to be anytime soon.

Certainly won't be before 15th of August anyway going by the fixtures as there's midweek games kicking off at half 5 etc. 

Although I know we weren't really thinking that would be the case in reality but fixtures give the impression the decision has definitively been made rather than any wait and see. 

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Your Europa League game isn't guaranteed to take place on the Thursday - it could be moved to the Tuesday (or Wednesday) if there's a city clash or something like that.

Is that true? I assumed it was only the Champions league qualifiers that could be moved and that europa league fixtures wouldbonly be moved if 2 clubs within the same location are due to play at home (i.e. if both celtic and rangers were at home fornthe same europe league qualifier stage then one would be moved to wednesday)

I just assumed it would definetly be on thursday with the current list of potential opponments.

1 minute ago, Phillips455 said:

Is that true? I assumed it was only the Champions league qualifiers that could be moved and that europa league fixtures wouldbonly be moved if 2 clubs within the same location are due to play at home (i.e. if both celtic and rangers were at home fornthe same europe league qualifier stage then one would be moved to wednesday)

I just assumed it would definetly be on thursday with the current list of potential opponments.

You could be drawn away from home against a team who have a location clash. This was something I had briefly worried about last season because I'd booked time off work around the game being on a Thursday and then realised there was a slim chance it would be a Tuesday.

13 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm annoyed that it happens, and I'm even more annoyed that you get fans on here who are fine with it.  Treating the OF as special, damages everyone else.

You do realise that that the SPFL in the past tried to accommodate certain fixtures out with the of* for New year etc? 

This don't give them an inch mentality doesn’t really work as constantly moaning over irrelevant pish that gives no real advantage becomes nauseating so when actual real issues arise nobody is taking you seriously.

Edited by gannonball

Just now, gannonball said:

You do realise that that the SPFL tries to accommodate certain fixtures out with the of* for New year etc? 

This don't give them an inch mentality doesn’t really work as constantly moaning over irrelevant pish that gives no real advantage becomes nauseating so when actual real issues arise nobody is taking you seriously.

This placing of the fixture is made in the name of asserting that the OF is the only show in town.

I don't think being more sparing in my criticism of such things would lead to my being taken more seriously by anyone I'm afraid.  The blindness, conditioning and acceptance are hard to cut through.

18 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Agreed. Another example is them never getting different numbers of home games after the split. That shit shouldn't be happening and I'm always amazed and saddened that so many folk, across all levels, from fans to boardrooms, are seemingly fine with it.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

This placing of the fixture is made in the name of asserting that the OF is the only show in town.

I don't think being more sparing in my criticism of such things would lead to my being taken more seriously by anyone I'm afraid.  The blindness, conditioning and acceptance are hard to cut through.

Statements like blindness, conditioning and acceptance make people take you far less seriously tbh.

It's tin foil hat stuff just because people can apply judgement as to what to spend energy on. It isn't news to anyone that Sky Sports see the OF fixture as the only show in town and that the league would pander to it. As long as we are heavily reliant on Sky Sports as a source of income, you can get used to it.

The fixture list hasn't been wildly distorted to accommodate this.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Statements like blindness, conditioning and acceptance make people take you far less seriously tbh.

It's tin foil hat stuff just because people can apply judgement as to what to spend energy on. It isn't news to anyone that Sky Sports see the OF fixture as the only show in town and that the league would pander to it. As long as we are heavily reliant on Sky Sports as a source of income, you can get used to it.

The fixture list hasn't been wildly distorted to accommodate this.

Wow.

That's an interesting way to  challenge the idea that 'acceptance' is an issue.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Wow.

That's an interesting way to  challenge the idea that 'acceptance' is an issue.

Fine, I am guilty of acceptance that the SPFL has accommodated the needs of their broadcasting partners, in an environment where they are quite open about the fact clubs rely heavily on television income, and that the television contract is basically designed around one fixture.