Fixtures 2020/21

3 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Fans seem to fall into two camps. Those that think there will be no fans allowed is stadiums until 2052. And those sensible fans that think with a fair wind by the time the top flights starts of shortly thereafter. Perhaps with a reduced capacity. 

I fall in to the latter category and hope that with rates / cases falling fast we can get back to watching in stadiums by mid to end of August. Mind if it is up to our First Minister she will wait until there has been no cases on earth before we are allowed back into stadiums. Not saying she is overly cautious or anything...not at all....

Nice one.

Manages to have sly kick in every direction without saying eff all.

3 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Nice one.

Manages to have sly kick in every direction without saying eff all.

I just wonder what part of my message may have riled you...perhaps the end. Truth hurts 

SPFL talking about firing our fixtures by next Friday for the league starting on 1st August.

I guess they are not overly concerned about potentially losing the legal case against them.

15 minutes ago, MacArab said:

SPFL talking about firing our fixtures by next Friday for the league starting on 1st August.

I guess they are not overly concerned about potentially losing the legal case against them.

The SPFL wont lose the case 80% of member clubs voted for ending the season. Thats a huge percentage . 

50 minutes ago, MacArab said:

There's no attempt at an interdict so far so the case as-is won't alter the start of the season.

I'm guessing the guys drawing up the fixures set it so that Dundee United don't play at home at the same time as Hibs, and Hearts/Dundee are similarly paired up, so that if they have to halt relegation and promotion, it's just a case of swapping the team names around without having to worry about the consequences for policing and public order.

I've seen a tweet claiming we're starting away to Tannadice, then an old boy who I know doesnt use Twitter said the exact same to me a few days later, and started arguing with me when I said the fixtures hadnt come out.

1 hour ago, MacArab said:

You think successful businesswoman Ann Budge will come up against the OF? Her sabre rattling about an interdict was an empty threat.

22 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've seen a tweet claiming we're starting away to Tannadice, then an old boy who I know doesnt use Twitter said the exact same to me a few days later, and started arguing with me when I said the fixtures hadnt come out.

That'd be a real shame without a crowd, as it'll be a great fixture being the first time we've played in 4-5 seasons. Hope our first month is along the lines of Rangers (A), Accies (H), Kilmarnock (A), Livingston (H), Celtic (A), Aberdeen (A) if it's all played behind closed doors.

Shite fixtures out the road, maximum points, let the crowds in thereafter, away we go..

I always used to think it was a good time to get the OF on the opening game of the season, as they're not in their groove and there's more chance of an upset. In the early 90's I was at ibrox on opening day when we lost 6-0, and last season's opening day I sat through a 7-0 humping at Celtic park.  I'm beginning to think my theory might be shite.

On 24/06/2020 at 22:38, CambieBud said:

Having watched some of the German and English games, I hope that we do not play any games behind closed doors. I don’t know what would be worse, a Celtic or Sevco game with added crowd noise, or games like we’ve seen today, no tackles, training sessions. That Liverpool/ Palace game was truly brutal. One team trying to win and the other trying not to tackle/get injured.

To be fair, it's crowd noise that tends to be edited out during these games, as opposed to edited in.

Guest DAVIDB69
Peter will be submitting the fixtures he wants next week.

If it’s placed in one of the Europa august weekends, they can then get it cancelled just in case.

40 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53220498

Can’t wait to see these fixtures

So many midweek games :lol: 

No winter break either 

I like the bit where Ian Blair says they wont delay the OF games as they cant create a schedule around their wishes, before its confirmed that the OF will be purposely kept apart on the opening day.

Edited by RandomGuy.

I like the bit where Ian Blair says they wont delay the OF games as they cant create a schedule around their wishes, before its confirmed that the OF will be purposely kept apart on the opening day.

That has nothing to do with their wishes and is more to do with Sky's wishes.

9 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

That has nothing to do with their wishes and is more to do with Sky's wishes.

Never understood that, nor why the never show live games from Ibrox/Celtic Park. 

Surely when televising a league you want the biggest opening you can get, and also the biggest stadiums on show.

It's the equivalent of the EPL never showing Liverpool or Man U at home.