Fixtures 2020/21

Should be soon

Can I be the first of many to register my disgust and seethe at the prospect of the SPFL bending the rules and delaying the first OF game until after the new year

How the f**k they’ll be able to justify that I don’t know but at least we’ll all go back to hating Doncaster again 

2 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Should be soon

Can I be the first of many to register my disgust and seethe at the prospect of the SPFL bending the rules and delaying the first OF game until after the new year

How the f**k they’ll be able to justify that I don’t know but at least we’ll all go back to hating Doncaster again 

"The police have indicated the safety of fans gathering outside the ground could not be guaranteed in the event of an OF game being hosted behind closed doors. In the interest of safety these games will be delayed until fans are allowed back into ground"

Is my bet.

16 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Should be soon

The usual followers of Victim FC will be all over this shortly

You'll be incurring the wrath of them Frank

Do you not know their place in Scottish football ? 😉

3 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I don't really have an issue with that if it's what both clubs want tbh. There's not really any other big derbies in the top flight this year- LOL- but if any other specific set of teams wants to delay certain games I'd be fine with it.

I think it means other teams would lose their crowd against an OF team though.

So if this was changed then perhaps some goodwill (some pounds) from Rangers and Celtic would make it worth considering.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

"The police have indicated the safety of fans gathering outside the ground could not be guaranteed in the event of an OF game being hosted behind closed doors. In the interest of safety these games will be delayed until fans are allowed back into ground"

Is my bet.

From a safety pov the Police wouldn't be wrong. So if we are about keeping social distancing down and not having people die then fair enough.

I've heard Celtic (and presumably Rangers) have asked to be allowed over 7000 fans inside the stadium based on social distancing of seats in the stadium. But with no regard for turnstyles, toilets, concourses etc.

f**k them. I have said for years that I would love it to be the first game of the season. The fixtures should be random except for Xmas and new year which should be trying to play teams closest geographically to each other.

2 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I don't really have an issue with that if it's what both clubs want tbh. There's not really any other big derbies in the top flight this year- LOL- but if any other specific set of teams wants to delay certain games I'd be fine with it.

Lanarkshire derby, Scotland’s premier fixture 

I don't have an issue with postponing the OF games til the new year, also means that there's more games for them to play in the second half of the season which gives us diddies a better chance to win a Trophy of some kind.

Also of all the things in Scottish Football, moving the fixtures so they can have crowds at what is our showpiece fixture from a commercial POV is not something to moan about. 

14 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Should be soon

I raised this very point a few days ago on the Celtic thread on P&B. The usual entitled suspects have been all over me ever since. Basically what business is it of an Aberdeen fan what Celtic want to do.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

what Celtic want to do.

16 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

OF

16 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

f an OF game

15 hours ago, Sheep62 said:

Victim FC

15 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

that Celtic

13 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

I've heard Celtic 

12 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

It also gives Celtic a

4 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

the OF games 

@kingjoey isn't wrong.

8 out the 11 first posts on the 2020/221 fixture list thread and it's a seething mess of obsession mainly about Celtic.

Maybe some other teams will have fixtures for you guys to talk about this year.

article-0-0BC24F5400000578-337_634x460.jpg

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

@kingjoey isn't wrong.

8 out the 11 first posts on the 2020/221 fixture list thread and it's a seething mess of obsession mainly about Celtic.

Maybe some other teams will have fixtures for you guys to talk about this year.

article-0-0BC24F5400000578-337_634x460.jpg

Let's hope that he is listening.

Oh there’s Romeo, the epitome of ‘see no evil, hear no evil when it suits them Celtic Da’

Romeo, do you believe it’s correct and sporting that the SPFL delay the first Glesga bigot fest until after crowds are allowed back in?

And if so, please show your working in no less than two paragraphs. 

I don't have an issue with postponing the OF games til the new year, also means that there's more games for them to play in the second half of the season which gives us diddies a better chance to win a Trophy of some kind.

Won't they just shift their games against us diddy teams to earlier in the season though?

28 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Romeo, do you believe it’s correct and sporting that the SPFL delay the first Glesga bigot fest until after crowds are allowed back in?. 

I'm not sure what difference it makes to you, Aberdeen or any other club i so yes I'm all for it; especially if it's at Parkhead.

It's not going to make any difference to Aberdeen's season (3rd or lower).

The only thing this provides Aberdeen fans with is the opportunity to gnash their teeth.

1 minute ago, Romeo said:

I'm not sure what difference it makes to you, Aberdeen or any other club i so yes I'm all for it; especially if it's at Parkhead.

It's not going to make any difference to Aberdeen's season (3rd or lower).

The only thing this provides Aberdeen fans with is the opportunity to gnash their teeth.

Sad that you're trolling opinion is the genuine view of many in Scottish football.

It takes a special kind of dumb to say that you’re fine with the league fixing the fixtures in a way that potentially benefits his club in both a sporting and financial manner and then say ‘I don’t know what your problem with it is?’