Groundhop Scottish weekends

Some of the rules the extreme ones come up with are just laughable. they panic if there is no program because they can't count the visit then apparently. Some even don't count 0-0 draws, have to touch the match ball or whatever other rubbish they come up with. That's just mental. But most groundhoppers, like me, don't have any of these crazy rules.

I count a ground when I've been there and I've seen a football game, end of.

This is less petty or weird, but I recall being contacted by a groundhopper, not long before our junior cup final in 2019, wanting to visit for our match v Glenafton. He was keen on a programme.

I had to take time off the club before the cup final due to stress. I was in no state to do significant work and was off from my day job, and also hadn’t intended to even be at the game, so I told him I couldn’t do a programme that week, but I would be delighted to sell him our programmes from earlier that season.

He didn’t reply or turn up for the match. That was poor.

The East one from last season looked amazing. Something like the wee donders from my teenage years, Rosewell to Bonnyrigg to Dalkeith to Nitten to Easthouses... all the kick offs were walkable, almost!
Was actually looking forward to going and bumping into a few mates but I probably would’ve ended up stuck in The Buccleuch in Dalkeith and missing the last game

• 1 year later...

Scottish Hop 18-20 March 2022
The host clubs and fixtures were announced some time ago:
Friday 18 March
7.45pm Caledonian Braves v Edinburgh University, Lowland League
Saturday 19 March
11.15am Glenrothes v Kinnoull, East of Scotland League Conference B
2pm Crossgates Primrose v Penicuik Athletic, East of Scotland League Premier
5pm Dundonald Bluebell v Tranent Juniors, East of Scotland League Premier
7.45pm Hill of Beath Hawthorn v Linlithgow Rose, East of Scotland League Premier
Sunday 20 March
12.15pm Oakley United v Easthouses Lily MW, East of Scotland League Conference B
There is an issue with the ground on the Friday night as Alliance Park has a capacity of 500. It is very likely that this game will be all-ticket, similar to East Kilbride on the first Scottish Hop (and that game boasted a crowd of 493 so it was the right move). We will discuss it with Caledonian Braves before opening bookings. Price-wise, we are in a similar position to the NWCL in seeking prices, but without the short notice that we had last time, we hope that the overall price should show signs of slipping down rather than up.
OPEN FOR PRE-BOOKING ONLY; NOT YET ON OPEN SALE

https://groundhopuk.wordpress.com/looking-forward/

That looks a good hop, sadly I won't get back to Scotland until the April 30th games and the following week. I appreciate the hard work by every club, don't expect programmes etc, and just love the games,grounds,people. Some hoppers think they're doing the clubs a favour - and demand everything in return. Bloody cheek