4 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

There would be an initial price drop due to over-supply. But then after that the supply would be reduced and as a result the production costs would rise due to being done on a smaller scale. 

Fairly obvious, I would have thought.

2 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Less of it because it's dearer, having more veggie meals instead though?

Probably.  Which pushes the price up further over time.  You eventually end up back to where we were 200 odd years ago where meat is unaffordable to all but the elite day to day.  Or if we reach a tipping point for vegetarian but not vegan we go to where we were in the first half of the 1900s where it’s not particularly economical for farms to operate purely for meat production, so eating meat becomes affordable for most but only for older animals, more mutton boiling foul etc

2 hours ago, virginton said:

The original Killie pie makers now supply their tasty treats to Cappielow while they've got whoever was willing to placate that arsehole Johnston. Swings and roundabouts.

Always think we should get McCaskies pies at Cappielow.

3 hours ago, virginton said:

The original Killie pie makers now supply their tasty treats to Cappielow while they've got whoever was willing to placate that arsehole Johnston. Swings and roundabouts.

WW Wales have provided the pies at Rugby Park for the last few seasons (no idea if that will change with the Brownings sponsorship deal now). They did the catering at Rugby Park for many years during the period where we developed a reputation as having the best pies in Scotland, and were only replaced by Brownings at some point during the 2000s, before returning when Brownings had the aforementioned dispute with Johnston.

I’m not vegetarian or vegan but some of the meat-free alternatives kicking about now are really good and I’m partial to trying them. Those Quorn savoury eggs are far better than the ones with meat in them.

Veggie burgers when done right are super tasty, as is a vegetable curry - would recommend using tofu, chickpeas, cashews and whatever veg you want to throw in.

Aldi do these ‘one pot’ veggie curry things which are excellent, perfect for lunch, albeit maybe not in this heatwave....
There’s  a red Thai curry one and a purple Brazilian curry type which are particularly good.
£1.79 or thereabouts each. Worth every penny. 

24 minutes ago, 18May1991 said:

Aldi do these ‘one pot’ veggie curry things which are excellent, perfect for lunch, albeit maybe not in this heatwave....

Mrs Mathematics moans at me for for making spicy food during the summer. Don’t see the issue myself.

I'm not a vegetarian, but some of the quorn stuff is decent. Had a lasagne with quorn mince tonight, was nice.  Also if I fancy a kebab I'll buy the "vivera" plant based kebab, there's a shawarma one and a Greek one, very nice, and not greasy like a takeaway kebab. 

1 hour ago, philpy said:

I'm not a vegetarian, but some of the quorn stuff is decent. Had a lasagne with quorn mince tonight, was nice.  Also if I fancy a kebab I'll buy the "vivera" plant based kebab, there's a shawarma one and a Greek one, very nice, and not greasy like a takeaway kebab. 

Shawarma one is excellent.

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Adidas have launched vegan versions of Continental 80s, Superstars and Sambas. Hopefully release more vegan versions going forward, I struggle to find many non leather trainers that I like that also last.

https://www.jdsports.co.uk/search/adidas+vegan/

Etnies have been doing them for a while. 

https://www.etnies.com/us/collections/vegan/

Can’t remember which model but I bought a pair a couple of years ago and they’ve held up fine.