I thought I'd start a thread for anybody interested in veganism, or more specifically a whole food, plant based diet. A bit ironic, given the name of this forum, I know.

I've just had a veg stir fry with a spicy sauce, which was lovely;  I mixed garlic and ginger powder (a heaped tea spoon of each) with a vegetable stock cube and then thickened it up with chia seeds and tahini. Delicious. 

It's not for moi, i'm afraid.  Had beautiful lamb chops and buffalo sausages bought at the Buffalo Farm near Kirkcaldy this morning.  The provenance and quality of the meat were both first class.

I admire from afar the fact that some people turn to veganism (?) and have principles that dictate what they will eat and the fact that it doesn't include animals. In the same way that i don't pontificate to them, i fully expect reciprocal acceptance that i and others do eat and enjoy meat.

More power (in the way that we're all different) to those that choose meat-free lifestyles.  Like all things in life, each to their own.

5 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

How do you know that someone is vegan?

Within a minute of meeting them, they'll tell you!

We had to wait over half an hour from when the thread started until the inevitable comment appeared. Has everyone else gone to bed?

34 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

How do you know that someone is vegan?

Within a minute of meeting them, they'll tell you!

The opposite has happened here, where two separate people have barged into a thread about veganism to specifically say (or imply) they aren't vegans.

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The opposite has happened here, where two separate people have barged into a thread about veganism to specifically say (or imply) they aren't vegans.

I'm talking about real meetings as opposed to online which can go seconds, days or months without further interaction.

Anyway, why isn't everyone eating venison?

Deer are culled to protect the environment and in a humane manner. Any ethical issues are oot the windae.

I first went vegetarian when I was 12. Lasted a few years and then went back to eating meat until I was 22. Ive been vegetarian for 13 years now and I’d probably say I’m about 70% vegan. The advances in the range of products available to those following a plant based diet from say 10 years ago until now is incredible. Long may it continue 

1 hour ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

I thought I'd start a thread for anybody interested in veganism, or more specifically a whole food, plant based diet. A bit ironic, given the name of this forum, I know.

I've just had a veg stir fry with a spicy sauce, which was lovely;  I mixed garlic and ginger powder (a heaped tea spoon of each) with a vegetable stock cube and then thickened it up with chia seeds and tahini. Delicious. 

Are you saying you are actually a vegan or just asking? I love my chicken or beef or pork or whatever in my meals although the odd meal without meat can be acceptable.

31 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I'm a bit of a vegan- Tom's Cafe and Luka were great songs.

Good to see you resisting American cultural imperialism through language. It's a cafe, so call it a fucking cafe. 

Nothing against vegans as a category but i'd just like to register my loathing for these fucknuggets:

website-living-on-the-veg-V2.thumb.jpg.f101c8ccaf9aa483bc10b8394e9833d3.jpg

15 minutes ago, Gerald Elbowdent said:

You just did. I'm pretty sure this thread was for people to talk about their veganism, not for people to come on and tell everyone they're not vegan. And the whole pushy or militant vegan thing is a total myth. Literally does not happen. Its actually meat eaters that do this to vegans.

Bullshit

19 minutes ago, Gerald Elbowdent said:

You just did. I'm pretty sure this thread was for people to talk about their veganism, not for people to come on and tell everyone they're not vegan. And the whole pushy or militant vegan thing is a total myth. Literally does not happen. Its actually meat eaters that do this to vegans.

Hasn't watched this c**t type post. 

48E712E300000578-0-image-a-1_1517839366997.jpg