Cowdenbeath season 92/93

I was a child back then. I was simply interested in the story after reading the book.

Fine, you don't want to discuss it. No problem.

I see you also wish to utterly ignore my point about the other results, including the games after your win at East End. Cool. 

Edited by DA Baracus

I bought the original Black Diamonds book when it first came out and bought the updated version five years or so ago. 

Along with Simon Inglis book 'The Football Grounds of Great Britain', I would rate it as the best football book I have ever read. 

It brilliantly captures the euphoria of promotion and the excitement of the season in the higher league along with the disaster which unfolded thereafter. 

The way the story interspersed with the town's history and its people is brilliant. 

As a Rovers fan, obviously 92/93 has fonder memories than for the other Fife clubs. However, I remember the day Cowden beat the Pars at East End, we were playing at Stirling that day and having heard about demonstrations from Pars supporters against their management, took a wee detour through Dunfermline on the way home. The sight of a few dozen of them having a meltdown on Halbeath Road was joyous. 

Hope there's another wee period of glory in the offing for you guys, even if it's just to get a third edition of Black Diamonds printed. 

7 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

I bought the original Black Diamonds book when it first came out and bought the updated version five years or so ago. 

Along with Simon Inglis book 'The Football Grounds of Great Britain', I would rate it as the best football book I have ever read. 

It brilliantly captures the euphoria of promotion and the excitement of the season in the higher league along with the disaster which unfolded thereafter. 

The way the story interspersed with the town's history and its people is brilliant. 

As a Rovers fan, obviously 92/93 has fonder memories than for the other Fife clubs. However, I remember the day Cowden beat the Pars at East End, we were playing at Stirling that day and having heard about demonstrations from Pars supporters against their management, took a wee detour through Dunfermline on the way home. The sight of a few dozen of them having a meltdown on Halbeath Road was joyous. 

Hope there's another wee period of glory in the offing for you guys, even if it's just to get a third edition of Black Diamonds printed. 

Why not try Ron's second book -Helicopter Dreams - about the Mixu era and  Cowdens last day championship win. it is available through the Club office. I also remember vividly around that time,  Cowden whipping  Raith  at Starks Park and the large Cowden support chanting  " we know where your going" as the weeping Raith fans streamed up  Pratt Street.

1 hour ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Why not try Ron's second book -Helicopter Dreams - about the Mixu era and  Cowdens last day championship win. it is available through the Club office. I also remember vividly around that time,  Cowden whipping  Raith  at Starks Park and the large Cowden support chanting  " we know where your going" as the weeping Raith fans streamed up  Pratt Street.

I never knew that book existed. I read one of his other books - Banoffee pie and blue rinse  - but didn't know about his helicopter dreams book. 

I'm sure the game you're referring to was Gordon Dalziel's last game in charge of the Rovers. Mixu's brother and Gomis, who plays for Falkirk now, absolutely ran the show. 

It was 1-0 Cowden, going on 4-0 for most of it, then we stole an equaliser, missed a sitter to win it with about three minutes left, then Cowden scored twice late on, which in truth, gave the scoreline a fair reflection. 

On 22/06/2020 at 18:28, Specky Ginger said:

I never knew that book existed. I read one of his other books - Banoffee pie and blue rinse  - but didn't know about his helicopter dreams book. 

I'm sure the game you're referring to was Gordon Dalziel's last game in charge of the Rovers. Mixu's brother and Gomis, who plays for Falkirk now, absolutely ran the show. 

It was 1-0 Cowden, going on 4-0 for most of it, then we stole an equaliser, missed a sitter to win it with about three minutes left, then Cowden scored twice late on, which in truth, gave the scoreline a fair reflection. 

That was one of my favourite ever Cowden games.  We went 2-1 up through a scrambled goal and I remember going mental.  Raith fans out on Pratt St leaving early giving us dogs abuse as Pat Clarke made it 3-1 :lol: Just one of those perfect days as a football fan.

3 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

That was one of my favourite ever Cowden games.  We went 2-1 up through a scrambled goal and I remember going mental.  Raith fans out on Pratt St leaving early giving us dogs abuse as Pat Clarke made it 3-1 :lol: Just one of those perfect days as a football fan.

Absolutely humping the Townies at East End Park in the  play offs to join Hearts, Hibs and Rangers in the Championship was another even better day.   Sheer perfection:bounce3