Cowdenbeath season 92/93

A sore one for you lads!

I read Black Diamonds and The Blue Brazil, an absolutely excellent book, around christmas time and meant to post about that season then, but forgot, and have only remembered due to recently sorting out my book case.

As per the book, it's a mental season for your club.

Do you guys have many memories of it? What were your feelings over it? The managerial situation was astonishing stuff and such a massive, massive misstep. Comical even, although I'm not here to rip the pish (too much!). What about the club in general. Seems like a crazy time.

And yes, I know who you got one of your three league wins against!

To be honest pumping you at EEP and stopping you getting promoted made up for most of it if not all. Watching scarves being thrown onto the pitch in a series of hissy fits was simply magnificent. How was it for you?

It was a season never to forget for all the wrong reasons. Getting pumped every week it’s not my idea of fun. Shamefully I gave up around the middle of January and decided shopping with my wife on a Saturday was a better use of my time and money. Therefore I missed the only good day we had with the win at East End Park. I still can’t believe we won that game. We were so out of our depth.

5 hours ago, cowden0 said:

To be honest pumping you at EEP and stopping you getting promoted made up for most of it if not all. Watching scarves being thrown onto the pitch in a series of hissy fits was simply magnificent. How was it for you?

What a day that was. 
Dunfermline just do not like crunch games v Cowden at EEP near the end of the season. 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by big al

The first game a 3-3 draw with the Bankies, I honestly thought we were going to do no bad, then think it was the Wednesday night following we got roasted of the pars, then it was pretty much humping after humping from then on in with a win over Ayr being the highlight till we got a shock win at eep. Cup run should have went a further round if we scored the penalty that the bottler of a ref never gave vs Hibs in the cup. Another highlight was big Eric punching the niggling George McCluskey. 

On 16/06/2020 at 11:11, cowden0 said:

On 16/06/2020 at 13:42, The Minertaur said:

I believe DA Baracus is my age so he'll have literally zero recollection of the game!

It was the season before I started going to games (or, more accurately, my old man started taking me to East End) so I did indeed miss it.

As I said, I wasn't meaning this thread to be a piss take. Genuinely interested in the behind the scenes stuff that the book talks about. No one fancy discussing it, or do you want to just talk about that one result?

Also, as much as Cowdenbeath fans would like to take credit for us not getting promotion that season, a brief glance at the results quickly shoots than one down.

Edited by DA Baracus

It was the season before I started going to games (or, more accurately, my old man started taking me to East End) so I did indeed miss it.

As I said, I wasn't meaning this thread to be a piss take. Genuinely interested in the behind the scenes stuff that the book talks about. No one fancy discussing it, or do you want to just talk about that one result?
Also, as much as Cowdenbeath fans would like to take credit for us not getting promotion that season, a brief glance at the results quickly shoots than one down.

We didn’t stop Dunfermline getting promoted. Dunfermline didn’t get enough points throughout the season to compensate for a complete bottle job against us in the second last game. We had such a disastrous campaign no one result could paper over that.

30 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Cowdenbeath did - if Pars had won that game they would have been promoted 

The loss at East End was the third last game.

We finished 2 points behind Kilmarnock. We drew the second last and lost the last game.

In addition, we had won just 2 out of the previous 9 before thay Cowden game at East End.

Anyway, I see that there won't really be any discussion about the actual topic. Shame, as I was genuinely interested.