League One Kits 2020/21

12 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

With something as unique as an Airdrie kit, it is difficult to vary the design, but I like it.

I like it as well, a little different than the last  few designs, I only hope that the diamond and the shorts \ socks combo are the same colour, looks well off in the computerized straitjacket big Sean is wearing.

Agreed. Last season's at least looked like some thought had went into it, with the landmark design on the sleeves, and it was plain and pretty smart. This season's looks like they have just went with the first idea Puma came up with, and the club had no input whatsoever. If someone at the club DID have a say in it they want their head checked. The away strip isn't just as horrific as the home one, but still dreadful. 

KK will have chosen it. His department

15 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

KK will have chosen it. His department

I asked the question of the retail manager a couple of weeks ago and he said it was a collaborative effort, with a number of people having an input. As an example he pointed to a part of the design which was his idea.  

It rings true. When RW and I had an involvement in retail in the old days of the VMC there were 3 or 4 of us involved in deciding the final stip. The kitman was also part of that group. . 

That Thistle effort is the absolute worst in the league by some distance. Cheap looking, poorly designed and reminds me of macaroni and cheese with tomato sauce which is a vile combination. Hang your heads in shame, you’re stinking the place out already with that abomination. 

I think our away kit is probably the second most honkin’ but I’ll wait and see what the sponsor is/looks like on the kit before judging. How that won a fans vote is truly beyond me.

Big fan of that Airdrie number and I don’t really see what the issue is with the Falkirk kits, I quite like them. 

3 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I asked the question of the retail manager a couple of weeks ago and he said it was a collaborative effort, with a number of people having an input. As an example he pointed to a part of the design which was his idea.  

And there's the problem - a camel is a horse designed by committee.   Our strip is awful.  Awful. A dog's dinner of colour and random geometric pattern, more suited to the Tour De France than a football pitch.  Airdrie's looks well smart, and Dundee away is the best I've seen so far. 

2 hours ago, monthefife said:
On 26/06/2020 at 09:23, Spanish Armada said:
Airdrie home kit 2020/21
CA187084-C358-4A0A-A7E4-C840D9E25863.thumb.jpeg.dc5369755ead31189e99b0536f023a59.jpeg

Very, very smart it has to be said. Spoiled by the most ridiculously named sponsor I have ever seen.

Agree, that is a smart Airdrie shirt, I also genuinely don't see what's wrong with the Falkirk shirt. I'll reserve judgement on ours until I see it in the flesh. I have to say Patrick's is one of the worst I've ever seen, at least they'll be wearing their change kit at Bayview! 

1 hour ago, Nowhereman said:

Even as it is would be good. I know a lot of fans think a white strip is essential but black and gold are our traditional colours

I get where you're coming from, but the attraction of the white with black and gold bands, is that it is truly distinctive (a bit like Airdrie's diamond) and has coincided (for the most part) with our most succesful spells in the last 100 years. When I started following Sons in the sixties we wore gold shirts with black stripes, but I don't feel any particular nostalgia or sentimental attachment  to it. Our historical kits with black and gold hoops or stripes, could just as easily be an Alloa, East Fife or Berwick strip. One thing for sure, yellow is an abomination.