27 games. 14,10,10,10

39 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

Surely to goodness they can't scrap it again.

I'm sure even the hL andnLL will be running on a 27 game season too so everyone in same boat. 

Think the pyramid joining our game is a brilliant thing and we must keep it going

Whit?

HL and LL both have 17 clubs so 32 matches.

Just now, sirscottyoung said:

I meant from October so just presumed it would be the same haha.

Random as f**k having 17 is it not? A team sitting out each week?

Yes, but just the way things happened.

Cove went up and nobody (hello Banks o' Dee) wanted to replace them so the HL shrunk to 17.

The LL is only 17 because Bo'Ness got promotion but they did away with relegation for a year. Be interesting to see what they do to readjust next season.

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Cove went up and nobody (hello Banks o' Dee) wanted to replace them so the HL shrunk to 17.

The LL is only 17 because Bo'Ness got promotion but they did away with relegation for a year. Be interesting to see what they do to readjust next season.

They should promote two to the LL next year and ask again for HL as that's shit having a team sit out each week haha

54 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Exactly. Real lack of ambition in the HL at times. Exactly the reason I don't feel sympathy for Brora. They had the chance to be ambitious in 2015 where they had promotion on a silver platter. 

I hope they will be sensible with the fixtures but its the spfl so I doubt it. If crowds are limited or not allowed at all at first then they need to ensure that the clubs who are getting two home games against certain sides play those games first. It's going to be unbalanced enough without your only home game against a side being behind closed doors whilst they get two games at their place with a full crowd of fans behind them.

This is how the fixtures always work - the second round of fixtures are the reverse of the first, then the third are a repeat of the first (and normally the fourth would be a repeat of the second). You'd never play a team twice at home before once away, or vice versa.

8 hours ago, craigkillie said:

This is how the fixtures always work - the second round of fixtures are the reverse of the first, then the third are a repeat of the first (and normally the fourth would be a repeat of the second). You'd never play a team twice at home before once away, or vice versa.

This is a one off season though so perhaps would be better changing that to try and ensure those teams who play a team once st home have that fixture last.. As I said very unfair if for example us or partick play our only home game either way with restricted crowds or no crowds against each other whilst the team that has the two home games gets one with full capacity.  Unfair on the park and off it when it comes to money through the gate. 

16 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

This is a one off season though so perhaps would be better changing that to try and ensure those teams who play a team once st home have that fixture last.. As I said very unfair if for example us or partick play our only home game either way with restricted crowds or no crowds against each other whilst the team that has the two home games gets one with full capacity.  Unfair on the park and off it when it comes to money through the gate. 

Could just ask to move the Thistle v Falkirk games to Hampden to accomodate your massive supports.

Edited by C. Muir

1 minute ago, C. Muir said:

Could just ask to move the Thistle v Falkirk games to Hampden to accomodate your massive supports.

Its the same for every club. Is it fair for example  that we play montrose with no restrictions whilst they play us in their only home game against us with no crowd or a restricted crowd?  

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Its the same for every club. Is it fair for example  that we play montrose with no restrictions whilst they play us in their only home game against us with no crowd or a restricted crowd?  

it's probably not fair but global pandemics are hardly weekly occurances so maybe just for this one season they'll need to come to some sort of compromise.

It'll be reduced capacity for some games at worst IMO. I can't see any fixtures in this league with no crowds at all - it's one of the main reasons last season was called early as teams couldn't afford to finish the season behind closed doors at a later date like several leagues are just now.

Edited by C. Muir

Just now, C. Muir said:

it's probably not fair but global pandemics are hardly weekly occurances so maybe just for this one season they'll need to come to some sort of compromise.

I can't see any fixtures in this league with no crowds at all - it's one of the main reasons last season was called early as teams couldn't afford to play closed door fixtures at a later date like several leagues are just now.

Should be easy enough with fixture computers to get the fixtures any way you want.  No reason why they couldnt ensure those single home games are left to the back end of the season. 

4 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Clubs are working under the expectation that only the first set of fixtures (if any) will be affected by these restrictions. I'd expect each pair of clubs to be meeting each other H-A-H or A-H-A, so either way you are hopefully going to end up with at least one home match with fans against each club.

On 28/06/2020 at 20:10, sirscottyoung said:

Random as f**k having 17 is it not? A team sitting out each week?

When I stared watching football (1960s) there were 19 teams in the SFL Second Division. The lowest SFL league at the time. That was the case from 1955 to1966 when Clydebank were voted in, then as a result of Third Lanark's demise,  from 1967 to 1974 when Meadowbank came in to even up the numbers.