27 games. 14,10,10,10

Have you actually been following any of this or have you just made up your own version of events?

So what bit I have missed ?

The Premiership wasn’t called in case there was a chance to play.

So why wouldn’t the other 3 leagues be able to restart ? Money, probably. So Ayr gave up their chance of promotion for money. Not because they “knew” the league couldn’t restart.

The Premiership had to remain "open" until UEFA decided what was happening with European places.
UEFA threatened that any league that finished too early, before theyd created their own plan for next season, could face expulsion from the 20/21 competitions.

So, they were kidding Eufa on that they were really going to try to restart ?

21 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

So, they were kidding Eufa on that they were really going to try to restart ?

How on Earth did you get that?

UEFA instructed all leagues to hold off calling their divisions, and therefore automatically entering teams for the 20/21 competition, until UEFA had decided how the 19/20, 20/21 competitions would work. If nations failed to follow that guidance, they could be suspended.

The top flight virtually ended the same day as every other division, they simply held off making it official as a box ticking exercise for UEFA.

Guest Ecosse83
20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

UEFA instructed all leagues to hold off calling their divisions, and therefore automatically entering teams for the 20/21 competition, until UEFA had decided how the 19/20, 20/21 competitions would work. If nations failed to follow that guidance, they could be suspended.

The top flight virtually ended the same day as every other division, they simply held off making it official as a box ticking exercise for UEFA.

Hmm box ticking exercise was it now? Not what you said to me the other day!

4 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Caley Thistle voted against ending the leagues because their incompetent and duplicitous clown of a CEO was scheming to null and void the season purely because of the team he supports. In what way is that any more honourable than Ayr United realising there was no chance of completing the season and selflessly taking a hit for the good of Scottish football?

Yes, I'm sure the No vote from Inverness was based on nothing more than the allegiance to a team in Glasgow of their Chief Executive

ICT board/chairman/majority shareholders: So Scott, as a No vote could result in a delay to the receipt of funds we could really be doing with at the moment, we need to have pretty solid reasons for doing so.

SG: Will me hating the Tic be good enough for you?

ICT board/chairman/majority shareholders: Aye, sound, get that email away

32 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Yes, I'm sure the No vote from Inverness was based on nothing more than the allegiance to a team in Glasgow of their Chief Executive

ICT board/chairman/majority shareholders: So Scott, as a No vote could result in a delay to the receipt of funds we could really be doing with at the moment, we need to have pretty solid reasons for doing so.

SG: Will me hating the Tic be good enough for you?

ICT board/chairman/majority shareholders: Aye, sound, get that email away

Dave McKinnon of Morton is on the record as saying that Gardiner was pushing hard for a null and void outcome behind the scenes, and that several other Championship chairmen could back him up on that. Gardiner went quiet immediately after that, and not one single chairman refuted McKinnon's story. Regardless of what the discussions were between the Inverness board and their CEO, there appears to be substantial evidence that null and void was his intention.

22 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Dave McKinnon of Morton is on the record as saying that Gardiner was pushing hard for a null and void outcome behind the scenes, and that several other Championship chairmen could back him up on that. Gardiner went quiet immediately after that, and not one single chairman refuted McKinnon's story. Regardless of what the discussions were between the Inverness board and their CEO, there appears to be substantial evidence that null and void was his intention.

What is this substantial evidence? I mean, the word of one other CEO clearly does not fit that description, so what other proof has been put forward to substantiate this claim? The "Inverness stance predicated on Gardiner being a H*n" theory is advanced by no-one other than the ultra-paranoid fringe of the Celtic support, reported by no media outlet more credible than the Daily Record and has been emphatically, flatly denied by ICT. Fatuous nonsense.

49 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

You could be right, but I’m not entirely sure after the last few months, that words of any CEO or Chairman, who have an agenda (which is every CEO/Chairman in Scotland), means much. 

9 hours ago, JagsCG said:

About as fair as promoting Raith (in fact they were more clear than Raith I’m sure)
Caley are promoted to make up the numbers, because they were sitting second when the league was halted, that’s all. 

ETA: Also the previous point about Ayr and Dundee’s vote, clearly they didn’t care much about their play-off position anyway. I doubt they’d challenge it if Caley Thistle got promoted for being 2nd. 

But yours & Hearts entire basis for legal action is the fact you were not allowed to complete the fixtures so could not improve your position and were relegated due to the result of a vote.

By your reasoning this unfairness is okay for Dundee & Ayr though.

14 team top league is dead anyway , I just chuckle at the hypocrisy - I think you can now lower the Fairness Flag      

13 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

But yours & Hearts entire basis for legal action is the fact you were not allowed to complete the fixtures so could not improve your position and were relegated due to the result of a vote.

By your reasoning this unfairness is okay for Dundee & Ayr though.

14 team top league is dead anyway , I just chuckle at the hypocrisy - I think you can now lower the Fairness Flag      

Hearts  legal action doesn’t want a 14 team top league. So they aren’t okay with “unfairness to Dundee and Ayr”. 
That was my personal opinion surrounding a 14 team top league.

Going by what’s apparently “Plan A” in the court petition, Hearts are happy for nothing to change promotion/relegation wise. I don’t think they are asking the courts about reconstruction. Although i imagine they hope an out of court settlement, regarding, reconstruction would be accepted.

I agree with the last point, as would Ann Budge and Jacqui Low, they now aren’t even pretending they care about everyone, it was clear, they were to get a slap in the face, and were going to frowned upon if they gave one back, so they’ve joined the mantra of, looking after No.1, too hell with the rest. Like most other teams in the league has been doing too. 

If reconstruction can’t happen in a 14-10-10-10 which it looks unlikely, “dead” as you say, then, I’d be happy if Hearts and Thistle accept relegation but with a settlement of compensation. Although I reckon reconstruction is actually better for Scottish Football, if it was a choice between the two. Just my opinion though. 

You realise that your final sentence is the same as my statement.

Laughable that some folk still think Hearts and Partick were being altruistic at the start and everyone else was being terribly selfish and that Hearts and Partick have somehow been dragged down to that level and forced to now be selfish.

46 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Laughable that some folk still think Hearts and Partick were being altruistic at the start and everyone else was being terribly selfish and that Hearts and Partick have somehow been dragged down to that level and forced to now be selfish.

Exactly my thoughts after reading JagsCG post. They have been from day one just looking after their own interests and now they have the cheek to blame everyone of doing exactly what they are doing. 

46 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Exactly my thoughts after reading JagsCG post. They have been from day one just looking after their own interests and now they have the cheek to blame everyone of doing exactly what they are doing. 

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Exactly this. And they don't even seem to grasp that. 

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I agree, Directing blame at clubs who didn’t vote for Reconstruction, is wrong. But it doesn’t take away from the fact that had more clubs voted for Reconstruction, we wouldn’t have this whole mess. Hearts and Thistle didn’t and don’t want this to go to court, had reconstruction happened, no team would be worse off during a pandemic and the 1st place teams would have got promoted. Clubs didn’t want it, fine fair enough, but they knew what was coming if they didn’t want it, again, no one wanted it to come to this. It’s also laughable that some people think they have some sort of moral high ground when if their club was in the position of Hearts or in the position of Thistle, they’d be urging their board to do exactly what Ann Budge and Jacqui Low have done. No club would be happily accepting relegation when the season was halted, especially not in Thistle case, with a game in hand, it’s a lie and equally embarrassing (as the original point) if you think otherwise. 

Edited by JagsCG

42 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

I agree, Directing blame at clubs who didn’t vote for Reconstruction, is wrong. But it doesn’t take away from the fact that had more clubs voted for Reconstruction, we wouldn’t have this whole mess. Hearts and Thistle didn’t and don’t want this to go to court, had reconstruction happened, no team would be worse off during a pandemic and the 1st place teams would have got promoted. Clubs didn’t want it, fine fair enough, but they knew what was coming if they didn’t want it, again, no one wanted it to come to this. It’s also laughable that some people think they have some sort of moral high ground when if their club was in the position of Hearts or in the position of Thistle, they’d be urging their board to do exactly what Ann Budge and Jacqui Low have done. No club would be happily accepting relegation when the season was halted, especially not in Thistle case, with a game in hand, it’s a lie and equally embarrassing (as the original point) if you think otherwise. 

If Hearts wanted clubs to vote for reconstruction, they should have consulted with said clubs and not wasted months getting on board with nonsense proposals like 14-14-14 and colt teams.

I'd be absolutely furious with our board if we were in this position and they'd embarrassed themselves into losing any goodwill they may have had.

PTFC may not be guilty of this, but they're unfortunately tarred with the same brush that Budge has been wielding.