27 games. 14,10,10,10

5 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

How is promoting Caley Thistle fair on Dundee & Ayr ??

I mean they hadn't played all their games  & could still catch Inverness.

Maybe they would get together and sue , or maybe that champion of fairness & integrity Anne Budge would step in to help. 

About as fair as promoting Raith (in fact they were more clear than Raith I’m sure)
Caley are promoted to make up the numbers, because they were sitting second when the league was halted, that’s all. 

ETA: Also the previous point about Ayr and Dundee’s vote, clearly they didn’t care much about their play-off position anyway. I doubt they’d challenge it if Caley Thistle got promoted for being 2nd. 

Edited by JagsCG

Difference in my book is that ICT voted against ending the leagues whilst ayr couldnt get their cash quick enough so werent really interested in promotion and dundee well any sympathy for them was lost with their shenanigans on voting night. They again finally voted for ending the season so were happy not to have a chance of promotion too it would seem.

Caley Thistle voted against ending the leagues because their incompetent and duplicitous clown of a CEO was scheming to null and void the season purely because of the team he supports. In what way is that any more honourable than Ayr United realising there was no chance of completing the season and selflessly taking a hit for the good of Scottish football?

Caley Thistle voted against ending the leagues because their incompetent and duplicitous clown of a CEO was scheming to null and void the season purely because of the team he supports. In what way is that any more honourable than Ayr United realising there was no chance of completing the season and selflessly taking a hit for the good of Scottish football?

Irrespective of your assessment of the reason for ICT voting the way they did, the record shows that Ayr voted in a way that denied themselves a shot at promotion, Dundee subsequently did also.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

That’s just an assumption, that would hardly stand up in court, if Caley Thistle got promoted, and Dundee/Ayr tried to challenge it. 

I wouldn’t quite say Ayr taking a hit for Scottish Football, for a start Lachlan Cameron said he tried to change his “yes” vote to a “no”. 

Edited by JagsCG

32 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Irrespective of your assessment of the reason for ICT voting the way they did, the record shows that Ayr voted in a way that denied themselves a shot at promotion, Dundee subsequently did also.

No they didn't because they knew the league was never going to be finished just like the playoffs were never going to be played.

The vote wasn't about playing on or not, and anyone who still thinks that is an idiot or purposefully ignoring it/lying. It was a vote to call the leagues based on PPG.

Only the most exceptionally stupid would have thought the games could be finished (and chief among said morons' arguments are other leagues across Europe resuming at the moment).

Edited by DA Baracus

Couldn’t you argue as well that if Dundee United, Caley and Hearts weren’t in Championship it would actually be better for Ayr and Dundee, because they’d have far better chance (especially Dundee) at getting promoted. 

https://news.stv.tv/sport/lower-league-clubs-back-october-start-amid-demotion-warning?top

SPFL looking for clubs to fill in a questionnaire and get back to them by Friday to see what the clubs want to do. Article mentions it could see an expanded League One and clubs hibernating could end up being put in League Two from the 21/22 season.

No they didn't because they knew the league was never going to be finished just like the playoffs were never going to be played.
The vote wasn't about playing on or not, and anyone who still thinks that is an idiot or purposefully ignoring it/lying. It was a vote to call the leagues based on PPG.
Only the most exceptionally stupid would have thought the games could be finished (and chief among said morons' arguments are other leagues across Europe resuming at the moment).

If it was the case that there was no chance of finishing the leagues, the Premiership should have been called at the same time. I don’t understand how you can’t see this.

19 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Has there been a similar questionnaire to establish if all Championship clubs have declared that they’re willing/able to play 20/21?

Did that not happen, last week when they announced it would begin in October.

On 14/06/2020 at 14:56, The Moonster said:

Who the f**k doesn't want to play? Everyone would kick off tomorrow if we got the go ahead. You're suggesting relegating clubs who perhaps don't have the finances to play behind closed doors, which I imagine is most clubs in this league. It's stupid point of view and with any luck nobody at any level of authority will entertain it.

https://news.stv.tv/sport/lower-league-clubs-back-october-start-amid-demotion-warning?top&amp&__twitter_impression=true

Oh dear oh dear. Turns out the spfl have been thinking along the same lines as what I said....

Oops

31 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

If it was the case that there was no chance of finishing the leagues, the Premiership should have been called at the same time. I don’t understand how you can’t see this.

Have you actually been following any of this or have you just made up your own version of events?

29 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

The Premiership had to remain "open" until UEFA decided what was happening with European places.

UEFA threatened that any league that finished too early, before theyd created their own plan for next season, could face expulsion from the 20/21 competitions.

5 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

https://news.stv.tv/sport/lower-league-clubs-back-october-start-amid-demotion-warning?top&amp&__twitter_impression=true

Oh dear oh dear. Turns out the spfl have been thinking along the same lines as what I said....

Oops

I shouldn't be surprised that you've missed the point but I can't be arsed going over this again so you can have your wee victory.

1 hour ago, JagsCG said:

Couldn’t you argue as well that if Dundee United, Caley and Hearts weren’t in Championship it would actually be better for Ayr and Dundee, because they’d have far better chance (especially Dundee) at getting promoted. 

Good point

If they resign and join the Lowland league they will have even less opposition. Standard will be shit and not worth watching, but hey, as long as your chances improve.

I'm of course keen to get the fitba back as soon as, but I am really interesting to see how we're going to do this if come October there's still no crowds. Taking us as the example, we absolutely have the "infrastructure" for behind closed door games in terms of being able to offer virtual season tickets, but I am not sure the fan base is there to make up for the loss of revenue. Maybe the club's insurance or something will pay out for income disruption? 

Edited by Big Fifer

I think there’s a growing confidence that crowds - restricted numbers of otherwise - will be able to attend matches by the 17th October.

Long way to go until then and I’m not saying that’ll be the case but certainly, the majority of clubs in L1 and L2 will be able to accommodate close to their average crowds even allowing for physical distancing.

I also think clubs will be working on the assumption that the testing regime won’t be as strict as it is now - if it’s even still required at all.

Obviously that’s the dream scenario for everybody but anything other than that - and this situation going south again is very much still in play - would make an October start difficult. I can’t see how any club at this level can sustain long term testing costs with no gate income. 

14 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Good point

If they resign and join the Lowland league they will have even less opposition. Standard will be shit and not worth watching, but hey, as long as your chances improve.

What??? I take it you replied to the wrong comment 🤦🏻