27 games. 14,10,10,10

1 minute ago, AL-FFC said:

Basically we have a game of chicken between SPFL and Hearts/Partick who do we reckon will bottle it first, dont see the SPFL taking any further action on Hearts and Partick 

Well 3 member clubs have taken legal action against Hearts/Partick now.

If the season had been declared null and void then by definition no one could argue that they were denied a promotion. Under null and void effectively the season never took place.
The Dutch went for null and void and would have ended up in court if they hadn't settled.

Who would you give the European places to? Null and void the season and would have just had a different set of arguments, statements and court cases.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

The Board cant force anything through, so what "leadership" were you expecting?

Handing power to "external" forces, with no emotional ties to clubs, is the most dangerous thing you could possibly do.

Well it has to be better than what we have the now, it should never have been made to be put to vote by the member clubs but then you go back to the initial issue which was tying the prize money to a vote to call an end to the season.

6 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I never mentioned anything about the promotion the main point i was making was the lack of any leadership by the SPFL and mainly doncaster in this farce.  The biggest contributing factor is the SPFL board is made up of member clubs.  If they wanted any impartiality there cant be any ties to any one club i.e. hire folk external to the member clubs.

You never answered what he could've done though. What club is Doncaster tied to? Are you suggesting a formally recruited professional board on salaries, how much would that cost and where would you find them?

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

You never answered what he could've done though. What club is Doncaster tied to? Are you suggesting a formally recruited professional board on salaries, how much would that cost and where would you find them?

Well that would have been the ideal scenario but the same time as you mentioned its coming to add additonal costs.  Doncaster should have some sort of thought out plan to deal with this but they said we're giving you 3 options but your only allowed to vote for option 1.  We now have the situation where clubs are just basically voting for whats best for their club (i know, i know self interest) over whats right for the game.  But theres divide over all of this and will take years to recover.  There was never going to be any fair way to end the season and the null and void would have been the only scenario where everyone was in a no win situation.

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

They hide it well though.

Dont see any one of us bitching about where we are, and asking for promotion.  Its the reality theres no football on and theres hee haw football wise to talk about other than how we managed to make our game a bigger laughing stock.

Well that would have been the ideal scenario but the same time as you mentioned its coming to add additonal costs.  Doncaster should have some sort of thought out plan to deal with this but they said we're giving you 3 options but your only allowed to vote for option 1.  We now have the situation where clubs are just basically voting for whats best for their club (i know, i know self interest) over whats right for the game.  But theres divide over all of this and will take years to recover.  There was never going to be any fair way to end the season and the null and void would have been the only scenario where everyone was in a no win situation.

You'd like a salaried bureaucracy, how many? A football administrator should have a thought out plan in case of a pandemic? Where and when were formal directions to follow a particular course made, are you objecting to the board supporting their own proposal to end the season? Self-interest has been the driving factor in Scotland since the inception of the Premier League in 1975 and probably before.

You want Falkirk promoted, you want a decision in your favour after the world being against you forever. We get it!

12 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

You'd like a salaried bureaucracy, how many? A football administrator should have a thought out plan in case of a pandemic? Where and when were formal directions to follow a particular course made, are you objecting to the board supporting their own proposal to end the season? Self-interest has been the driving factor in Scotland since the inception of the Premier League in 1975 and probably before.

You want Falkirk promoted, you want a decision in your favour after the world being against you forever. We get it!

Where did i say i wanted us to be promoted or any other Bairn for that matter if it was to happen then it happens but it didnt (change the narrative we know we will be playing in league one next season) the other point you only have to look around what other football league is in as much turmoil as our own.

Where did i say i wanted us to be promoted or any other Bairn for that matter if it was to happen then it happens but it didnt (change the narrative we know we will be playing in league one next season) the other point you only have to look around what other football league is in as much turmoil as our own.

France and Belgium are in court already.

The state of turmoil is entirely the fault of the clubs.

I'm not going through threads looking for individual posts demanding promotion. The veneer on the whole position is paper thin.

40 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Well it has to be better than what we have the now, it should never have been made to be put to vote by the member clubs but then you go back to the initial issue which was tying the prize money to a vote to call an end to the season.

You can't see why taking control away from lower league sides about how their divisions are structured is a bad thing? In the same month everyones been getting Colt sides forced down their throat and the only way its being kept out is because the clubs themselves are blocking it?

As for your "it should never have been put to a vote"? Its ridiculous, and exactly why the French league is now in a total mess. They decided to end without a vote, a court rightly said thats now how it works, and now nobody has any idea whats happening in terms of who'll be in what division and who is in Europe, and the deadline to end the season by UEFA is under 6 weeks away.

3 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

If the season had been declared null and void then by definition no one could argue that they were denied a promotion. Under null and void effectively the season never took place.

The exact equivalent of this is: "The season was declared finished, so nobody could argue that they were unfairly relegated. Under the PPG system the season was completed."

Clubs could just as easily say that they were disadvantaged by the decision to null and void, on top of the fact that they presumably wouldn't have received any prize money since "the season never took place".

7 minutes ago, stuartcraig said:

Dundee Utd, Raith & Cove Rangers will 'robustly defend' right to promotion https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53111932

So it sounds like Budge is trying to force the null and void option.

Yes she is but with champions & European places locked in. 

10 minutes ago, stuartcraig said:

Dundee Utd, Raith & Cove Rangers will 'robustly defend' right to promotion https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53111932

So it sounds like Budge is trying to force the null and void option.

Sounds like they have taken legal advice, but I don’t see what they can do until a decision is made regarding their promotions. Because right now as it sits, they are promoted. 

It’s not quite null and void because she said she wasn’t wanting to affect the positions teams finished in, so the season would still stand just no promotion or relegation. 

Not promoting Dundee United and Cove is just as bad as the relegation of Thistle and Hearts.

This could still get sorted outside of court I think. 

1 minute ago, JagsCG said:

This could still get sorted outside of court I think. 

I think Hearts, Partick, and presumably Stranraer unless they've been shut out entirely, will get compensation.

No idea how much, but it wont be near the combined £10m.

Everyone will know theyve been paid off, Hearts/Partick will claim victory, and in a year it'll be mostly forgotten about.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

I think Hearts, Partick, and presumably Stranraer unless they've been shut out entirely, will get compensation.

No idea how much, but it wont be near the combined £10m.

Everyone will know theyve been paid off, Hearts/Partick will claim victory, and in a year it'll be mostly forgotten about.

Definitely agree about it being nowhere near £10m that’s optimistic in the extreme. 

What I do see, is Thistle being a League One club next season, and Hearts being a Championship club. Whatever that means about court, or pay-offs, but I can’t see anything other than those clubs in those leagues.