27 games. 14,10,10,10

8 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

I have, I already said I accepted relegation weeks ago, but I feel compensation for the season behind cut short may be in order (not to the amounts that the press are quoting right enough). 
Someone like Ann Budge though may say to you, what’s to say they couldn’t have picked up a few more “ok results”, which would have steered them out of trouble. 

Me personally, I accepted quite some time ago we are a League 1 outfit now. I still back the club in a call for compensation, but I don’t back the denying promotions, I think that’s poor. Just my opinion though, other Jags May see differently and are entitled too. 

There’s about 50k difference between 10th in championship and 1st in league 1 prize money. 3/4 of which are directly related to your dreadful on pitch performances.   Had you been asking for 12.5k then you might have an argument, it would have probably been payed even to put this to bed. But instead your stamping your feet, throwing your toys around and asking for 2m which is a completely made up figure.  It’s clear why nobody is taking it seriously.

Guest Ecosse83

"apparent earlier this year, SPFL rules do not adequately cover the situation where a season has to be curtailed, with a number of games remaining to be played".

Ooft have the actually just said that? 🤔

So your argument has gone from ‘we didn’t deserve to go down’ to ‘well maybe but we definitely getting better’ to well maybe we might have improved’

My argument hasn’t changed.
We didn’t deserve to go down. We might well have turned our form around,or other clubs dipped. There were plenty of games left. And we escaped on the last day of the season last time.

No you weren't.  Your team chose to do it.
Maybe, they did think it through, saw what Partick and Hearts would do and still thought it was the right course of action.
They have no responsibility to save you from relegation.  Beyond that, there isn't much to discuss.

I already said we chose to, but apart from lying down we had no other option but to take it further.
If you thought it through you shouldn’t be bleeting about what we are doing.
It is obviously a question for the courts what your collective responsibility is.
And you’re right - no point in discussing it further

39 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

I already said we chose to, but apart from lying down we had no other option but to take it further.

So no other option apart from the other option.  Thanks for clarifying that.

40 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

If you thought it through you shouldn’t be bleeting about what we are doing.

I'm not sure who "you" is since I'm not an SPFL club but, regardless of whether the clubs thought it through and therefore anticipated Hearts/Particks reaction, it doesn't make taking legal action any more or less of a dick move.

51 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

It is obviously a question for the courts what your collective responsibility is.
And you’re right - no point in discussing it further

Again, I'm not an SPFL club, but when you're asking what their collective responsibility will be you might want to be open to the realistic possibility that the answer to that question is "f*ck all".

What happened to not discussing it further

Good point. I missed the fact that when you said “the courts will decide” you implicitly accepted that the other SPFL clubs might not actually bear any responsibility towards Partick / Hearts that they would currently be trying to “deflect”.

4 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

"apparent earlier this year, SPFL rules do not adequately cover the situation where a season has to be curtailed, with a number of games remaining to be played".

Ooft have the actually just said that? 🤔

Has anyone ever at any point disputed that? If the rules had initially covered the situation then we wouldn't have had any of this carry on. Since there wasn't any rule in place to do anything in these circumstances, the board and the clubs had to decide how to proceed, and they democratically voted through a new rule.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Has anyone ever at any point disputed that? If the rules had initially covered the situation then we wouldn't have had any of this carry on. Since there wasn't any rule in place to do anything in these circumstances, the board and the clubs had to decide how to proceed, and they democratically voted through a new rule.

On the whole, from a legal and planning standpoint (as was proven in the Dutch case) null and void would easily provide a claim for damages to a much greater extent than promotion/relegation. With the relegated sides having spent nearly the entire season in a relegation or playoff spot, there wasn’t the surprise to the relegation that there would be to leading the league and getting told no soup for you. To lead the league, there was likely a significant commitment of funds, to trail the league, not so much (Hearts excepted). The fact that a previous payment of compensation was made to an unpromoted side (Falkirk) establishes the league’s argument for avoiding null and void, and subsequent costs, and likely reinforces the choices made by the SPFL and teams.

10 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Dont think they voted through a new rule they just voted on whether to end the league or not.  At the moment if it happened again next season then we would have to go through the same process again as there still isnt a rule. That's why doncaster wants the clubs to allow the spfl to make the decision instead of the clubs. I think that's ok if the spfl was an entirely independent body but as we well know it isnt.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

11 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Dont think they voted through a new rule they just voted on whether to end the league or not.  At the moment if it happened again next season then we would have to go through the same process again as there still isnt a rule. That's why doncaster wants the clubs to allow the spfl to make the decision instead of the clubs. I think that's ok if the spfl was an entirely independent body but as we well know it isnt.

The resolution was a temporary rule for 2019/20 which outlined how the final positions etc would be determined.

Good point. I missed the fact that when you said “the courts will decide” you implicitly accepted that the other SPFL clubs might not actually bear any responsibility towards Partick / Hearts that they would currently be trying to “deflect”.

You obviously can’t help yourself.

53 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

When they asked the clubs you demanded leadership. They're trying to facilitate a system that will allow them to take the lead, then you object they they're not independent.

What do you suggest now?

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

56 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

When they asked the clubs you demanded leadership. They're trying to facilitate a system that will allow them to take the lead, then you object they they're not independent.

What do you suggest now?

I suggest you just change the rule to a permanent rule which says if the season ends and a certain number of games have been played you null and void or if you've played a further number of games you call the league as it stands. Then everyone knows before the season starts what will happen. Seems pretty straight forward to me.

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I suggest you just change the rule to a permanent rule which says if the season ends and a certain number of games have been played you null and void or if you've played a further number of games you call the league as it stands. Then everyone knows before the season starts what will happen. Seems pretty straight forward to me.

How would that help now?

10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Whose  talking about now we're talking about the spfl board wanting the ability to make the decisions if this happens again in the future .

They are asking for permission, not to have to revert to clubs for Covid related issues.