27 games. 14,10,10,10

24 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Surely Doncaster and his crew couldve saved a whole lot of grief if they had simply factored a reasonable compensation for the relegated clubs into their ending the league proposal. 

Imagine that you're Ann Budge and then define "reasonable".

While you're at it, imagine you're the chair of one of the clubs in play off positions, watching while relegated teams receive offers of compensation while your team isn't and then think how you're planning to respond.

12 minutes ago, stuartcraig said:

Imagine that you're Ann Budge and then define "reasonable".

While you're at it, imagine you're the chair of one of the clubs in play off positions, watching while relegated teams receive offers of compensation while your team isn't and then think how you're planning to respond.

They're flinging about ridiculous sums just now but if they had already been given compensation at a realistic level then i would think any hope of legal action success  is greatly reduced and so there is less likelihood for clubs to go down that route..As to the teams in playoff spots theres no guarantee any of us wouldve won promotion so little chance of compensation. In fact I.dont think any of those clubs have even raised it as an issue. The sensible thing wouldve been to factor in some compo and this wouldve reduced a lot of the hassle.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

They're flinging about ridiculous sums just now but if they had already been given compensation at a realistic level then i would think any hope of legal action success  is greatly reduced and so there is less likelihood for clubs to go down that route.

Define "realistic" with your Doncaster head on and then, with swapping your Budge head on, decide whether you're willing to accept it when, really, what you want is relegation to be cancelled.

10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

As to the teams in playoff spots theres no guarantee any of us wouldve won promotion so little chance of compensation. In fact I.dont think any of those clubs have even raised it as an issue. The sensible thing wouldve been to factor in some compo and this wouldve reduced a lot of the hassle.

I love the utter certainty with which you make all of these predictions.

The most basic factor here is that the SPFL never established a process for deciding what to do in the case of a season shutting down early, something that was foreseeable. Now a process has been established for this season, and will likely be adapted to be an ongoing standard.

What makes you think that this process will be adopted as an ongoing standard.

The rule has only been changed in relation to how it affects seasons 19/20 and 20/21.

If it was thought that points per game was such a great way of deciding an incomplete season, it would have been left there permanently as a contingency.

Just now, stuartcraig said:

Define "realistic" with your Doncaster head on and then, with swapping your Budge head on, decide whether you're willing to accept it when, really, what you want is relegation to be cancelled.

I love the utter certainty with which you make all of these predictions.

You need to try and reduce the chance of anyone going down thd legal route.  I think hearts and partick have much more chance of receiving compo than cancelling relegation.  If you've already awarded them compensation agreed by all the clubs then the chances of success are lessened.

As I said Not one playoff place team has mentioned compensation over the weeks that this has been going on. I doubt any court in the land would hand out compensation for something that there was no guarantee of happening.  How could you give out loss of earnings to falkirk, airdrie and east fife when none of them might've gone up?

It doesn't matter how often you, Ann Budge, Tom English or anyone else says this, it's not actually true. Reconstruction has a potential financial cost for every single club. The funding of the extra Premiership places and the two new SPFL entrants has to come from somewhere. The proposal which was overwhelmingly voted down last week would have reduced the prize money allocation for every single position in the SPFL with the exception of 13 and 14.
In addition to that, the range of potential prize money which each club could earn would change. Premiership clubs who are currently guaranteed at least the 12th place amount would now only be guaranteed the new uplifted 14th place amount. Championship clubs would be playing for the 15th-24th placed prize money instead of the 13th-22nd, and so on through the divisions.

Well there you go.

The prize money isn’t allocated to each division but by ranking over the whole league on % basis. The additional 2 teams would of course mean some change in the % allocation. But this season would be the ideal time to do it as there is a significant increase in tv money, I believe.

The rest of the post is about clubs, particularly premiership clubs not liking a bit of competition.

It is in the clubs hands to try to get the prize money allocation changed. All you need to do is persuade either Rangers or Celtic that it is a good idea.

What's my point?  Well you ignored it but the main point was that no-one "forced" Hearts and Partick to launch a legal action.  They chose to.
The incidental point you seem to be responding to is the fact that this court action is throwing the start of the new season into doubt at a time when clubs will be trying to figure out their budgets and plan accordingly.  Any delay will impact revenue and cashflow position and that will, in turn, impact when and if clubs are able to pay the wages of the players that they need to sign for next season.  I can't imagine anyone being so naive that they would fail to make the connection.

You are right, we had a choice. But we have pretty much been forced into it.

Maybe, the clubs should have thought this all the way through when they voted to end the season?

It’s incredible how they are trying to do everything to deflect any responsibility in this affair.

3 hours ago, JagsCG said:

Our game in hand was against Caley Thistle, who we had beaten home and away, 3-1 this season. Alloa was the next game we had to play, but it wasn’t our game in hand. 

Might want to tell your team press office that. From Partick Thistle’s Official Statement (https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/alloa-athletic-match-postponed/

The Scottish FA & SPFL Coronavirus Joint Response Group have confirmed the suspension of all professional football until further notice, with immediate effect.

Tomorrow’s match v Alloa Athletic has been postponed.

We will update supporters further as and when we can.

So, if that match had been played, you wouldn’t have a game in hand. So, you’ve now been caught shopping opponents to try to boost your absurd claims, we await your next outraged missive from the wilderness. The ICT game was scheduled for the following Tuesday...just because you can’t manage your fixtures list, doesn’t let you pick and choose.

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Might want to tell your team press office that. From Partick Thistle’s Official Statement (https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/alloa-athletic-match-postponed/

The Scottish FA & SPFL Coronavirus Joint Response Group have confirmed the suspension of all professional football until further notice, with immediate effect.

Tomorrow’s match v Alloa Athletic has been postponed.

We will update supporters further as and when we can.

So, if that match had been played, you wouldn’t have a game in hand. So, you’ve now been caught shopping opponents to try to boost your absurd claims, we await your next outraged missive from the wilderness. The ICT game was scheduled for the following Tuesday...just because you can’t manage your fixtures list, doesn’t let you pick and choose.

How would we not have had a game in hand. 
If we’d played that game, everyone else in the league would have played that weekend too. (We only didn’t play cause football was stopped)
So we’d still have had a game in hand Over Queens, which would have been against Caley on the Tuesday. 

1 minute ago, JagsCG said:

How would we not have had a game in hand. 
If we’d played that game, everyone else in the league would have played that weekend too. (We only didn’t play cause football was stopped)
So we’d still have had a game in hand Over Queens, which would have been against Caley on the Tuesday. 

No idea what hes on about.🤣🤣

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

So your argument has gone from ‘we didn’t deserve to go down’ to ‘well maybe but we definitely getting better’ to well maybe we might have improved’

My argument hasn’t shifted at all. We were improving slowly prior to lockdown. Not improving enough, no doubt about that, but slowly improving. I haven’t said we didn’t deserve to go down due to performances improving. 

Just now, JagsCG said:

My argument hasn’t shifted at all. We were improving slowly prior to lockdown. Not improving enough, no doubt about that, but slowly improving. I haven’t said we didn’t deserve to go down due to performances improving. 

So accept your relegation. It’s not unusual for relegation threatened teams to pick up a few ok results and then proved they aren’t good enough. Why can’t hearts and Partick accept that?   

21 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

You are right, we had a choice. But we have pretty much been forced into it.

Maybe, the clubs should have thought this all the way through when they voted to end the season?

It’s incredible how they are trying to do everything to deflect any responsibility in this affair.

No you weren't.  Your team chose to do it.

Maybe, they did think it through, saw what Partick and Hearts would do and still thought it was the right course of action.

They have no responsibility to save you from relegation.  Beyond that, there isn't much to discuss.

5 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

So accept your relegation. It’s not unusual for relegation threatened teams to pick up a few ok results and then proved they aren’t good enough. Why can’t hearts and Partick accept that?   

I have, I already said I accepted relegation weeks ago, but I feel compensation for the season behind cut short may be in order (not to the amounts that the press are quoting right enough). 
Someone like Ann Budge though may say to you, what’s to say they couldn’t have picked up a few more “ok results”, which would have steered them out of trouble. 

Me personally, I accepted quite some time ago we are a League 1 outfit now. I still back the club in a call for compensation, but I don’t back the denying promotions, I think that’s poor. Just my opinion though, other Jags May see differently and are entitled too. 

Edited by JagsCG

4 hours ago, David W said:

If Hearts wanted clubs to vote for reconstruction, they should have consulted with said clubs and not wasted months getting on board with nonsense proposals like 14-14-14 and colt teams.

I'd be absolutely furious with our board if we were in this position and they'd embarrassed themselves into losing any goodwill they may have had.

PTFC may not be guilty of this, but they're unfortunately tarred with the same brush that Budge has been wielding.

Exactly. If a reasonable committee had come up with a decent plan it could have been accepted. Budge's circus didn't even get to the proposal stage.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Surely Doncaster and his crew couldve saved a whole lot of grief if they had simply factored a reasonable compensation for the relegated clubs into their ending the league proposal.  They've left the spfl open to attack via legal action by not doing that and we're now in a right mess. If the spfl are  happy to pay out cash to sky and bt etc for ending early  then surely they couldve provided some compensation for the clubs that were heavily affected by their plan too.  We'd all then be concentrating on getting football started instead of not knowing whose in what league.

By agreeing the Premier that compensation is due you are effectively opening the flood gates of liability. Budge would jump on it and they'd still be going to court over the amount. Apart from that Hearts get compensated via the parachute payment.

9 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Exactly. If a reasonable committee had come up with a decent plan it could have been accepted. Budge's circus didn't even get to the proposal stage.

By agreeing the Premier that compensation is due you are effectively opening the flood gates of liability. Budge would jump on it and they'd still be going to court over the amount. Apart from that Hearts get compensated via the parachute payment.

The parachute payment isnt compensation for the league ending earlier than it's supposed to though which is the main complaint budge and partick have.  Compensation was given out the last time the league rules were changed midseason when we were denied a chance of promotion and instead were given 250k so it has been done before.

The whole things good fun anyway. If it wasnt for this there would be feck all to talk about at the moment.

Edited by Shadwell Dog