27 games. 14,10,10,10

7 hours ago, JagsCG said:

Would still have probably fell in the Premiership. Aberdeen were only for temp, St Mirren and St Johnstone were always against reconstruction at this time I think. 

Can only speak for St Johnstone, but their chat was always that the whole reconstruction idea this Summer was set up too quickly, and rushed through too quickly, to be something they could vote for, and they believed there would be flaws in it due to how little effort had been put in, so long term it would cause more damage.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Can only speak for St Johnstone, but their chat was always that the whole reconstruction idea this Summer was set up too quickly, and rushed through too quickly, to be something they could vote for, and they believed there would be flaws in it due to how little effort had been put in, so long term it would cause more damage.

Given an option to consider, and then 48 hours to vote on it!

Is that not, " set up too quickly, and rushed through too quickly, to be something they could vote for, and they believed there would be flaws in it due to how little effort had been put in, so long term it would cause more damage. "

You cannot pick and choose which option/resolution you feel is being rushed!

Question:

If it only needs 3 clubs to raise a resolution to be voted on.

How many corrupt SPFL board members ( Or their controlling puppet masters ), does it take to raise the one only option to be voted on.

The SPFL rushed this whole thing for their own reasons?  Therefore, are culpable for all of the damage caused so far and still to come!

7 minutes ago, thru thin and thin said:

Given an option to consider, and then 48 hours to vote on it!

Is that not, " set up too quickly, and rushed through too quickly, to be something they could vote for, and they believed there would be flaws in it due to how little effort had been put in, so long term it would cause more damage. "

You cannot pick and choose which option/resolution you feel is being rushed!

Question:

If it only needs 3 clubs to raise a resolution to be voted on.

How many corrupt SPFL board members ( Or their controlling puppet masters ), does it take to raise the one only option to be voted on.

The SPFL rushed this whole thing for their own reasons?  Therefore, are culpable for all of the damage caused so far and still to come!

Heres a timeline.

March 13th - All Scottish football indefinitely suspended.

March 23rd - Scottish government enforces lockdown. Scottish football banned until mid-July.

April 8th - SPFL propose ending the season by PPG.

April 15th - Clubs vote on proposals.

The SPFL had literally no choice but to vote, and chose the least disruptive option. Presumably it took them weeks to discuss, and then the clubs, who would have known it was coming since March 23rd, had a week to look things over and vote on it. All clubs got 28 days to make a decision, the "Friday 5pm" deadline was simply what the SPFL asked for, clubs could take a month if they wanted to.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Heres a timeline.

March 23rd - Scottish government enforces lockdown. Scottish football banned until mid-July.

The SPFL had literally no choice but to vote, and chose the least disruptive option. Presumably it took them weeks to discuss, and then the clubs, who would have known it was coming since March 23rd, had a week to look things over and vote on it. All clubs got 28 days to make a decision, the "Friday 5pm" deadline was simply what the SPFL asked for, clubs could take a month if they wanted to.

Even the spfl admitted they should have given teams longer to read over the document instead of simply 48hrs.  It was them that pushed for the 5pm deadline too. Of course it would've helped if they had also put all the pros and cons in the document but as we now know no mention was made of the millions to get paid back to sky, bt and the bbc . 

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Heres a timeline.

Numerous chairman have stated that they felt there was an indecent haste in calling for a vote over a period of 48 hours. The 28 days was not widely spoken about or made clear until after a decision was announced! Probably deliberate on the SPFL boards part.

Regarding your timeline:

March 12th - Scottish government announce no mass gatherings from March 16th. ( No more football from Monday 16th)

March 13th - All Scottish football indefinitely suspended. (By a joint response decision made by SPFL and SFA.)

If Scottish governments advice was followed, then another set of fixtures would have been played, and league positions may have been different?

To be clear, I have no problem with the decisions made by all parties, when it comes to the potential risk of life the pandemic presents!

The point I wish to make is that The SPFL have driven these decisions from the very beginning, and are therefore totally culpable in the situation we are all now facing!

Neil Doncaster is well quoted as stating that The SPFL considered several options before deciding to present the only option that would be the least disruptive............ Well, if this is the result of the most least disruptive option, what the hell were the other options being considered?

I’ve got to ask why there appears to be a general consensus that three clubs that massively underperformed as in Hearts, Partick and Stranraer don’t deserve to be relegated this season, whilst there is less empathy with clubs that were romping the league as in Dundee U and Cove?....

Ps. Raith got a bit lucky with the timing of the cessation of the league, but still better they go up than having another season of underperforming clubs polluting the division...

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I’ve got to ask why there appears to be a general consensus that three clubs that massively underperformed as in Hearts, Partick and Stranraer don’t deserve to be relegated this season, whilst there is less empathy with clubs that were romping the league as in Dundee U and Cove?....

Dundee United, and Cove - should be promoted 

Hearts, Thistle and Stranraer - shouldn’t be relegated. 

Why would there be empathy with Dundee U and Cove, when they are getting promoted? 

There’s empathy with the relegated clubs (particularly Thistle) because most people understand that it’s a bit unfair, and everyone knows if it was there club they’d be absolutely fuming. 

Ps. Raith got a bit lucky with the timing of the cessation of the league, but still better they go up than having another season of underperforming clubs polluting the division...

It isn’t proven that there is a general consensus that those 3 don’t deserve to be relegated. In here it seems to be the consensus with Stranraer and Patrick fans (and the odd Falkirk fan who sees the solution of reconstruction as a way of getting back to the Championship) but I’m guessing the rest of us are either ambivalent or see it as the correct outcome.

No-one is saying much about Cove or Dundee Utd because it seems to be the settled view that those promotions are justified. Raith is more controversial but we’re all bored debating that one.

6 minutes ago, stuartcraig said:

It isn’t proven that there is a general consensus that those 3 don’t deserve to be relegated. In here it seems to be the consensus with Stranraer and Patrick fans (and the odd Falkirk fan who sees the solution of reconstruction as a way of getting back to the Championship) but I’m guessing the rest of us are either ambivalent or see it as the correct outcome.

No-one is saying much about Cove or Dundee Utd because it seems to be the settled view that those promotions are justified. Raith is more controversial but we’re all bored debating that one.

I think the thing with the Partick is they had a game in hand and were only 2 points behind QotS, which is a bit of a pisser the other 2 less so, but i still argue with the Raith one it could have been any number of 4 teams that could have won league 1 it was their chairman and Mc Glynn demanding they be announced champions. it was the way they went about that bit that screamed toys out the pram if we arent declared winners.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Surely queen of the south underperformed just as badly as thistle if not worse as they played an extra game but were less than 3 points ahead of thistle.

Queen of the South were on a downwards slope just before lockdown, I was confident Thistle would finish 9th or above, due to how terrible Queens were. Our new players were starting to gel, whilst they (I don’t know if they had new players too) were going in the opposite direction. If anything, we’d have been saved not because we were good but just because how bad they were. 

Queen of the South were on a downwards slope just before lockdown, I was confident Thistle would finish 9th or above, due to how terrible Queens were. Our new players were starting to gel, whilst they (I don’t know if they had new players too) were going in the opposite direction. If anything, we’d have been saved not because we were good but just because how bad they were. 

You’d have went down in the play offs when you came up against Raith.....

6 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

You’d have went down in the play offs when you came up against Raith.....

Might not have been Raith, but yep I could have seen us relegated via play off but definitely not automatic, due to Queens and the fact we were starting to look a good bit better than we had been. 

11 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

It would be a 14 Team Premiership. 

Who else is going up then? Currently 12 inc Hearts, plus DU makes 13. 

And given the last vote was so comprehensively against 14 in the top flight, how will this fare any better?  

Just now, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Who else is going up then? Currently 12 inc Hearts, plus DU makes 13. 

And given the last vote was so comprehensively against 14 in the top flight, how will this fare any better?  

If Hearts stay up but United also go up (which is reconstruction) it would be a 14 team top flight, Caley Thistle would join Dundee United in promotion. 

How will what fare any better? I’m not expecting another vote, I was suggesting that’s what I think would be the best solution for all the clubs mentioned in the original post. 20 odd clubs disagreed with me, (as seen in the most recent vote) that’s fine. But that’s what I think. 

4 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Surely queen of the south underperformed just as badly as thistle if not worse as they played an extra game but were less than 3 points ahead of thistle.

They took more points per game in the games they played, so no, they obviously didn't.

12 hours ago, JagsCG said:

If Hearts stay up but United also go up (which is reconstruction) it would be a 14 team top flight, Caley Thistle would join Dundee United in promotion. 

How will what fare any better? I’m not expecting another vote, I was suggesting that’s what I think would be the best solution for all the clubs mentioned in the original post. 20 odd clubs disagreed with me, (as seen in the most recent vote) that’s fine. But that’s what I think. 

How is promoting Caley Thistle fair on Dundee & Ayr ??

I mean they hadn't played all their games  & could still catch Inverness.

Maybe they would get together and sue , or maybe that champion of fairness & integrity Anne Budge would step in to help. 

1 hour ago, Hank von Hell said:

How is promoting Caley Thistle fair on Dundee & Ayr ??

I mean they hadn't played all their games  & could still catch Inverness.

Maybe they would get together and sue , or maybe that champion of fairness & integrity Anne Budge would step in to help. 

Difference in my book is that ICT voted against ending the leagues whilst ayr couldnt get their cash quick enough so werent really interested in promotion and dundee well any sympathy for them was lost with their shenanigans on voting night. They again finally voted for ending the season so were happy not to have a chance of promotion too it would seem.