27 games. 14,10,10,10

16 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

And sadly, each time this has reared its ugly head on the BBC Sport website, there hasn't been a HYS comments section attached.  Maybe if they added one,  they'd get sufficient response to finally, finally understand the outright opposition to this from all but two clubs and their lackey journo pals.   

You want a HYS section under this?  Are you f*cking mental?

1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

Would Scottish football benefit from B teams?

Jesusfukinchrist they just won't let it go!

They've really got in line behind this rubbish, haven't they? Chick Young is the only voice of outright opposition I've heard them give any airtime to, off the top of my head. Their pundits are near unanimous in their praise, Willie Miller was at most sceptical but not outright opposed, that's the second article I recall being put on the website backing it. 

Despicable. 

On 17/06/2020 at 16:18, craigkillie said:

I don't think Hearts and Thistle's argument will stand up in court either (not that I'm convinced it will ever get there), but I'd say each of those other clubs you mentioned would also at least have enough grounds for putting some form of legal case forward. Even someone like Hibs who dropped from 6th to 7th based on PPG could have a claim for loss of income.

I think that would be strongest for Dundee United and Cove, both of whom could justifiably argue that any reasonable person would have expected them to be promoted from their position and that they have been denied the additional income associated with the change in decision.

Just to follow up on this, the Dutch FA chose to settle out of court to provide compensation to clubs who were denied the chance of promotion as a result of their FA ignoring the will of the clubs and choosing not to have any promotion/relegation.

Different countries and rules and so on, but still pours a bit of water on the idea that the SPFL could have prevented any hassle by going null and void.

41 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

?  Why?  Don't you agree that almost nobody other than the above -noted Arse cheeks  & their arse-lickers  want it ??

Why?  Because the HYS section of the BBC website is the most toxic shitpool of arsehole opinions known to humankind and it'll turn into a debate about Rangers' tax affairs within seconds.

Edited by stuartcraig

1 hour ago, stuartcraig said:

Why?  Because the HYS section of the BBC website is the most toxic shitpool of arsehole opinions known to humankind and it'll turn into a debate about Rangers' tax affairs within seconds.

😂 kudos man, great answer!

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Just to follow up on this, the Dutch FA chose to settle out of court to provide compensation to clubs who were denied the chance of promotion as a result of their FA ignoring the will of the clubs and choosing not to have any promotion/relegation.

Different countries and rules and so on, but still pours a bit of water on the idea that the SPFL could have prevented any hassle by going null and void.

Did you even read the story? The compensation was agreed in this case because the season was ended with no promotions and relegations. So this is a bad result for the SPFL because the Dutch settled because they did what Hearts wants and did not do what the SPFL did so the SPFL should be worried about having done the right thing?

Yes, I did read the story. Another poster (The Moonster) essentially said that null and void might have been a cheaper option for the SPFL since they wouldn't have faced any court cases. I suggested that Dundee United, Raith and Cove would likely have gone to court in a similar way if that had happened, but he disagreed that this would be likely. I then followed up with this story to show that, in fact, teams who were denied promotion in exactly those circumstances had to be paid compensation to avoid court action.

The point I was make at the time, which remains valid, is that the SPFL would likely have been taken to court no matter what decision was made on ending the season, since there was always going to be a party negatively affected by it.

22 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Yes, I did read the story. Another poster (The Moonster) essentially said that null and void might have been a cheaper option for the SPFL since they wouldn't have faced any court cases. I suggested that Dundee United, Raith and Cove would likely have gone to court in a similar way if that had happened, but he disagreed that this would be likely. I then followed up with this story to show that, in fact, teams who were denied promotion in exactly those circumstances had to be paid compensation to avoid court action.

The point I was make at the time, which remains valid, is that the SPFL would likely have been taken to court no matter what decision was made on ending the season, since there was always going to be a party negatively affected by it.

Not strictly true. Nobody would have been negatively affected if they had gone with no relegation, 2 teams promoted to each league above and Brora and Kelty Hearts both coming into the league. The extra monies coming in from the new Sky deal could have been allocated accordingly to the clubs in the top tier so that they couldn't complain about having a 14 team league diluting the prize money.

5 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Not strictly true. Nobody would have been negatively affected if they had gone with no relegation, 2 teams promoted to each league above and Brora and Kelty Hearts both coming into the league. The extra monies coming in from the new Sky deal could have been allocated accordingly to the clubs in the top tier so that they couldn't complain about having a 14 team league diluting the prize money.

Teams in promotion play off spots might have went to court or at least voiced displeasure as they would've had as much a chance of going up as teams in 2nd did, through the play offs.

Edited by C. Muir

3 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Teams in promotion play off spots might have went to court or at least voiced displeasure as they would've had as much a chance of going up as teams in 2nd did, through the play offs.

Fair enough.

It is not in the power of the SPFL to do this - they tried to make reconstruction happen by putting forward three separate proposals to clubs, but they were all rejected.

Ending the season is a different matter - PPG, null and void or some other solution could all have been pushed through by the board. They chose to allow the clubs decide, but they didn't have to.

I can’t see how the prize money would have been diluted significantly. There would be 2 additional teams in the leagues overall, but their share of prize money would be a pretty small % - probably about 0.33 %

If you look at the split of prize money - it isn’t done by division, it is done by position in the league from 1 to 42.

The current situation isnt helped much by BT wanting 2.3 million back and you have the fact that clubs voted not what was best for the game but in their own self interest when you look through the votes they gave turkeys a vote on christmas in a lot of the cases your hardly going to get cove, raith and dundee united to say yep null and void it we will sit in the respective league.  The game called out for some sort of leadership and its been even more of a disconnect from each other than ever because they thought shirking any responsibility and leaving the vote to the member clubs would have been painless instead its caused even more division.

They are running out of options as self interest has taken over.  If league 1 and league 2 vote to start the league in August where does that leave the championship not to mention a club is dipping out on a home gate  with the 27 game season.  If other league 1 and 2 clubs decide they want to start in January where does that leave the clubs that are ready to start the season everyone is shafting everyone else instead of the SPFL making the decision Doncaster needs to take some ownership of the farce this has become.

Edited by AL-FFC

1 minute ago, AL-FFC said:

The current situation isnt helped much by BT wanting 2.3 million back and you have the fact that clubs voted not what was best for the game but in their own self interest when you look through the votes they gave turkeys a vote on christmas in a lot of the cases your hardly going to get cove, raith and dundee united to say yep null and void it we will sit in the respective league.  The game called out for some sort of leadership and its been even more of a disconnect from each other than ever because they thought shirking any responsibility and leaving the vote to the member clubs would have been painless instead its caused even more decision.

They are running out of options as self interest has taken over.  If league 1 and league 2 vote to start the league in August where does that leave the championship not to mention a club is dipping out on a home gate  with the 27 game season.  If other league 1 and 2 clubs decide they want to start in January where does that leave the clubs that are ready to start the season everyone is shafting everyone else instead of the SPFL making the decision Doncaster needs to take some ownership of the farce this has become.

Are League 1 and 2 clubs looking to start in August?  Can't see how on earth that is going to work.

Just now, CALDERON said:

Are League 1 and 2 clubs looking to start in August?  Can't see how on earth that is going to work.

Seen somewhere they are looking at giving the clubs an option of an August, October or January start how reliable the post was i dont know but even if its a january start thats allowed your shafting the clubs that are ready to play behind closed doors or not.

8 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

I can’t see how the prize money would have been diluted significantly. There would be 2 additional teams in the leagues overall, but their share of prize money would be a pretty small % - probably about 0.33 %

If you look at the split of prize money - it isn’t done by division, it is done by position in the league from 1 to 42.

Yes, but I'm thinking more about the massive disparity in prize money between the teams in 12th and 13th place. As teams 13 and 14 would now be in the Premiership the drop in prize monies shouldn't be so drastic to reflect the fact that they are in the Premiership.

7 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Seen somewhere they are looking at giving the clubs an option of an August, October or January start how reliable the post was i dont know but even if its a january start thats allowed your shafting the clubs that are ready to play behind closed doors or not.

Well I'm certainly not an expert, but given that the Premiership teams have gone back to training this week for an August start, I'm not sure how clubs in League 1 can hope to achieve the same given we are miles away from that.

6 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Well I'm certainly not an expert, but given that the Premiership teams have gone back to training this week for an August start, I'm not sure how clubs in League 1 can hope to achieve the same given we are miles away from that.

At this level, no Maccy D's on the Friday and a bit of a stretch on the Saturday morning is considered pre-season training. 

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

The current situation isnt helped much by BT wanting 2.3 million back and you have the fact that clubs voted not what was best for the game but in their own self interest when you look through the votes they gave turkeys a vote on christmas in a lot of the cases your hardly going to get cove, raith and dundee united to say yep null and void it we will sit in the respective league.  The game called out for some sort of leadership and its been even more of a disconnect from each other than ever because they thought shirking any responsibility and leaving the vote to the member clubs would have been painless instead its caused even more division.

What leadership did you want the board to impose, a conclusion to the season and reconstruction? They have given choices on both and asked for other proposals. When they tried to recommend their own preferred option some clubs cried bullying. A majority of clubs voted to end the season and have rejected reconstruction several times.

What exactly do you expect them to do?

Edited by Sergeant Wilson