27 games. 14,10,10,10

1 hour ago, C. Muir said:

Apparently all clubs in L1 and 2 have been asked whether they firstly plan to enter the 2020/21 season and secondly if they'd prefer August, October or January start dates.

Say they pick August. Would we then have a ridiculous scenario where L1 & L2 play 36 games, and the Championship 27?

So again to summarize the bluster.
Hearts & Thistle want relegation overturned and if not they want compensation.
With a veiled threat to stop the new season from starting.
The 7 day period is to put pressure on the SPFL to respond to them favorably with enough time yet for another reconstruction proposal but this time going through. 
Budge is pushing this and probably covering any Thistle costs - minimal if they  are piggy backing onto her legal action.       
It's a threat to force the clubs to rethink on reconstruction. We all knew this was coming. 

It may be what you mean, bu my reading is that the Court reduced the response time to 7 days.

12 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

36 games isn't an option? 27/18 no?

Forgive me if I've missed something, but if they vote to start in August, why can't they play 36 games?

Edited by Todd_is_God

16 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

36 games isn't an option? 27/18 no?

Surely it's 
August - 36 games

October - 27 games

January - 18 Games

I don't see it being August, it'll be October at best. 

The National crisis has nothing to do with Hearts, Thistle and presumably Stranraer being rank - but it has everything to do with these clubs relegated prematurely.

The crisis part refers to folk dying in their thousands, not the bit where the season was concluded with games still to be played. That’s pretty trivial in the grand scheme of things.

16 minutes ago, blueone said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53090812

What's the general opinion??

Would think we would go for October, maybe August if there were enough clubs to play against.

I think the biggest problem will be for part-time teams meeting the testing protocol and regulations. Forfar said earlier that it could take them as long as 6 hours a week to carry them out. How do you do that as a part/ time club? Full time is clearly going to be easier as clubs can control their environment but take a guy like Danny Denholm, primary school teacher during the day how do you meet the protocols where he is in a school each weekday? Obviously there are plenty other players in similar situations.

35 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Where do we think Hearts & Thistle will play if they get turfed out the SPFL?

Welsh League?

League of Ireland?

Should Brora and Kelty take their memberships?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-partick-thistle-could-face-22216733

Lowland League? 

Not that I think they’ll get “turfed out the SPFL”

Edited by JagsCG

The crisis part refers to folk dying in their thousands, not the bit where the season was concluded with games still to be played. That’s pretty trivial in the grand scheme of things.

You are right about that. All the more reason for the SPFL to have been a bit less hasty in shutting down the season.

2 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

You are right about that. All the more reason for the SPFL to have been a bit less hasty in shutting down the season.

It was shut down to help the clubs, how hard is that to understand?

It allowed clubs to use the furlough scheme, which absolutely slashed their outgoings, while simultaneously allowing clubs to recieve the remaining amounts of their prize money. You'll be able to keep staff on furlough until October. Can you not see how much money you'll have saved?

The alternative was, for example, Partick paying full wages to their players for 3 months, with no matchday income and no final installment of prize money, in the hope that you could play a couple of games behind closed doors.

It was shut down to help the clubs, how hard is that to understand?
It allowed clubs to use the furlough scheme, which absolutely slashed their outgoings, while simultaneously allowing clubs to recieve the remaining amounts of their prize money. You'll be able to keep staff on furlough until October. Can you not see how much money you'll have saved?
The alternative was, for example, Partick paying full wages to their players for 3 months, with no matchday income and no final installment of prize money, in the hope that you could play a couple of games behind closed doors.

They could have still furloughed them if the season wasn’t curtailed

13 minutes ago, Donathan said:

They could have still furloughed them if the season wasn’t curtailed

Yes, and they wouldnt have been able to train until now anyway.

The situation now, in your world, would be that teams wouldnt have had their final payments, and with the top flight having to start on August 1st, youd have multiple clubs with no idea what division theyll be playing in with the league starting in 6 weeks. By most accounts lower league sides are planning on restarting training in August.

The timelines just dont come close to adding up to being feasible or worth it. With Hearts being how they are, you couldnt just play play offs so youd have to finish the season, which means (as an example) Arbroath would potentially have to play 16 games, with full wages being paid and no income, in 6 weeks, after 3 months of no games.

Guest Ecosse83

I think they done the right thing with the bottom 2 and probably bottom 3 divisions. They should have given the top flight more of a chance though to resume, they just seemed desperate to get it all finished. 

Just now, Ecosse83 said:

I think they done the right thing with the bottom 2 and probably bottom 3 divisions. They should have given the top flight more of a chance though to resume, they just seemed desperate to get it all finished. 

They did, the top flight got another month after the bottom three tiers were ended to try and find a way to finalise the season.

It was around the time the season was due to end that they did end it. All 12 clubs, including Hearts, voted to end the season on May 13th so the prize money could have its final installment paid and all attention could go towards reconstruction and the plans for next season.

Guest Ecosse83
4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They did, the top flight got another month after the bottom three tiers were ended to try and find a way to finalise the season.

It was around the time the season was due to end that they did end it. All 12 clubs, including Hearts, voted to end the season on May 13th so the prize money could have its final installment paid and all attention could go towards reconstruction and the plans for next season.

Did they really try and find a way to finish the season though? I don't think they did. Anyway the season is done now so they need to find a way forward and get on with it. 

Unfortunately I can see the next step being Hearts and Thistle trying to stop football going ahead in August. What a bloody mess! 

Just now, Ecosse83 said:

Did they really try and find a way to finish the season though? I don't think they did. Anyway the season is done now so they need to find a way forward and get on with it. 

Unfortunately I can see the next step being Hearts and Thistle trying to stop football going ahead in August. What a bloody mess! 

Well the clubs clearly didnt want to drag the season out, seeing as they voted to end the season. You're literally arguing that you know what the clubs wanted, despite it being the opposite of what the clubs actually voted for.

FWIW the EFL Play offs are costing every club involved "£200k-£300k", for 3 games. Scottish clubs are currently saving that amount of money.

1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

Would Scottish football benefit from B teams?

Jesusfukinchrist they just won't let it go!

And sadly, each time this has reared its ugly head on the BBC Sport website, there hasn't been a HYS comments section attached.  Maybe if they added one,  they'd get sufficient response to finally, finally understand the outright opposition to this from all but two clubs and their lackey journo pals.   

Edited by Dennistoun Bairn