27 games. 14,10,10,10

3 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

An interdict would be the best way to force change, but I can see that it makes tactical sense to hold this in reserve, for possible deployment in the week before the first fixtures are due.

An interdict would be ridiculous for everyone. There’s trying to get compensation, and then there’s trying to completely destroy the league, in my opinion, the latter would be wrong. 

An interdict would be ridiculous for everyone. There’s trying to get compensation, and then there’s trying to completely destroy the league, in my opinion, the latter would be wrong. 

And what the SPFL has done is ridiculous. So if an interdict is what’s needed to get to a sensible outcome then so be it.

1 hour ago, JagsCG said:

I doubt it'll do much damage to us in league one as we wont be starting till october at the earliest and the prize money is shit anyway. 

If the case wins would the spfl have to compensate stranraer too or would they have to take up their own case which they might just do if they knew they were going to win?

25 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

And what the SPFL has done is ridiculous. So if an interdict is what’s needed to get to a sensible outcome then so be it.

What bit or bits?  And what does a sensible outcome look like?

1 hour ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Stuck to the outcome of a vote by its member clubs?

How is that ridiculous?

11 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

14-10-10-10 or null and void.

Awarding promotions but not relegations doesn't seem sensible to me, certainly in 14 10 10 10 where not only the Champions go up but also 2nd. 2nd placed teams going up but bottom placed teams not going down?

Null and void would be no use for clubs like mine or yours who would've been relying on prize money being dished out.

Come to think of it, has any league in the world null and voided their season as opposed to postponing and restarting or ending it the way it was?

7 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Awarding promotions but not relegations doesn't seem sensible to me, certainly in 14 10 10 10 where not only the Champions go up but also 2nd. 2nd placed teams going up but bottom placed teams not going down?

Null and void would be no use for clubs like mine or yours who would've been relying on prize money being dished out.

Come to think of it, has any league in the world null and voided their season as opposed to postponing and restarting or ending it the way it was?

Everything below the National League North and South in England.

19 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

I’m no advocate for null and void, far from it. But isn’t our top league, the only top flight League in Europe to relegate teams? 

3 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

I’m no advocate for null and void, far from it. But isn’t our top league, the only top flight League in Europe to relegate teams? 

Don't know if this exactly right but sure I read somewhere that the difference between other leagues and ours is that other leagues FA's chose to curtail the season whereas our FA put it to a vote between the member clubs.

1 minute ago, C. Muir said:

Don't know if this exactly right but sure I read somewhere that the difference between other leagues and ours is that other leagues FA's chose to curtail the season whereas our FA put it to a vote between the member clubs.

I think that’s certainly the difference with the French League, I’m not sure about the others. 

24 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

So..we playing in October then? 

Apparently all clubs in L1 and 2 have been asked whether they firstly plan to enter the 2020/21 season and secondly if they'd prefer August, October or January start dates.

11 top flight leagues finished early. Of those 4 relegated teams - France, Belgium, Bosnia & Herzegovina and Scotland.

As things stand Scotland and Bosnia & Herzegovina are the only 2 where this stands although I would think France will join them. The only reason the French teams have been successful so far in suspending relegation is because the court agreed the convention which the French league followed was only valid until June 2020 and a new set of rules needed to be drafted going forward. The French league will more than likely draft the new convention and have it voted through and therefore relegate Toulouse and Amiens.  The talk of it being because the league board deciding it rather than a members' vote is a red herring. That may be the case for Belgium though, I've not looked into what's happening there.

Guest Ecosse83
30 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Apparently all clubs in L1 and 2 have been asked whether they firstly plan to enter the 2020/21 season and secondly if they'd prefer August, October or January start dates.

Unfortunately January would be the most sensible option for League 1 and 2 unless we got firm confirmation that fans would be back before then. 

"Unfortunately, Scottish football has been unable to pull together at this time of national crisis to prevent the need for this legal challenge. We desperately hoped Court action would not be necessary, but we were left with no other option. "
I'll rewrite that for them:
Unfortunately, at this time of national crisis that has f**k all to do with Hearts being rank and getting relegated this season, not enough Scottish clubs voted for the outcome that we wanted so we've taken an entirely voluntary course of action but we still have massive brass neck so will claim we were forced to do it.

The National crisis has nothing to do with Hearts, Thistle and presumably Stranraer being rank - but it has everything to do with these clubs relegated prematurely.