27 games. 14,10,10,10

22 hours ago, JagsCG said:

Always got to love the “legal experts” on this forum. 

Quite a turnaround in less than 24 hours to being snide about other posters being "legal experts" to the last page or so of this thread.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

1 minute ago, stuartcraig said:

Have they categorically said that they won't be seeking an injunction to prevent the leagues from going ahead until the case is completed, coz I wouldn't bet on any outcome until then.

They haven’t mentioned stoping the leagues from happening, and that would be a horrific thing for Hearts and/or Thistle to do.

1 minute ago, JagsCG said:

If you believe the newspapers (which is probably not the best idea) it could be anything from £5m to £8m. It’s thought Thistle are looking for around £1m. 
Unfair if Stranraer miss out because they can’t afford legal action, I’d have thought whoever was our benefactor, probably some rich Hearts fan, would have included them too. It’s the unknown at the moment.

Jesus. £8M is a third of the total prize money pot.

I can't help but think going for null and void would've avoided all this.

2 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Quite a turnaround in less than 24 hours to being snide about other posters being "legal experts" to the last page or so of this thread.

I’m no legal expert, I’m saying the courts can’t force reconstruction. That’s common knowledge. They grant money, they can’t force clubs to vote something they don’t want to vote. It’s no turnaround.

Just now, The Moonster said:

To be fair, it was Leslie Deans that was shouting about £8m. If they had null and voided, would they have potentially had to pay more money back to broadcasters? 

As I said the other day, anything other than reconstruction would have been a disaster, some people may even have thought that was a disaster. So it’s a lose-lose situation in some respects. 

Just now, JagsCG said:

To be fair, it was Leslie Deans that was shouting about £8m. If they had null and voided, would they have potentially had to pay more money back to broadcasters? 

As I said the other day, anything other than reconstruction would have been a disaster, some people may even have thought that was a disaster. So it’s a lose-lose situation in some respects. 

There's chat that we're paying back over £3M to BT and Sky for lost games now, I'm not sure why we'd be forced to pay them back even more for null and void.

With null and void nobody has a case fit for court. 

Just now, The Moonster said:

There's chat that we're paying back over £3M to BT and Sky for lost games now, I'm not sure why we'd be forced to pay them back even more for null and void.

With null and void nobody has a case fit for court. 

Yeah true, fair point. 
I wasn’t keen on the idea of “null and void” even though it would have helped Thistle, but makes you wonder why the SPFL didn’t even consider it, cause it was never ever an option for them. 

10 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

I’m no legal expert, I’m saying the courts can’t force reconstruction. That’s common knowledge. They grant money, they can’t force clubs to vote something they don’t want to vote. It’s no turnaround.

They cant force reconstruction but they could decide that the spfl relegating clubs was beyond their powers. They could interdict the spfl from starting the league season until the matter was resolved in court. I don't think for a minute that a court would do that but it is within their remit.

1 minute ago, Nowhereman said:

They cant force reconstruction but they could decide that the spfl relegating clubs was beyond their powers. They could interdict the spfl from starting the league season until the matter was resolved in court. I don't think for a minute that a court would do that but it is within their remit.

I agree, I don't think they'd do that, or even have reason to do that. The only way that would be considered was if Hearts were trying to get back into the Premiership before the Premiership begins in August 1st. 

If it was null and void, they would have to compensate Ladbrokes as they sponsored something which legally didn’t exist.

10 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Yeah true, fair point. 
I wasn’t keen on the idea of “null and void” even though it would have helped Thistle, but makes you wonder why the SPFL didn’t even consider it, cause it was never ever an option for them. 

"Null and void" would never have been a consideration for the SPFL because the Sellick wouldn't stand for it.  Its that simple.  Can you not imagine the furore they would've stirred up if it were even suggested that their fecking precious run to 10 was halted?  

3 minutes ago, AFC1878 said:

If it was null and void, they would have to compensate Ladbrokes as they sponsored something which legally didn’t exist.

Our current situation: Potentially £3M paid to Sky/BT and £5-8M to Hearts/Thistle/Stranraer.

Null and void: Maximum of £2M paid to Ladbrokes, potentially £3M to Sky/BT. No compo to clubs.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Our current situation: Potentially £3M paid to Sky/BT and £5-8M to Hearts/Thistle/Stranraer.

Null and void: Maximum of £2M paid to Ladbrokes, potentially £3M to Sky/BT. No compo to clubs.

Aye but no title for Celtic.

Edit to add, not that I think those clubs will get that.

Edited by Hughsie

25 minutes ago, AFC1878 said:

This gets said so often and never sounds any less like utter horse shit.

10 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

There is absolutely no way those three clubs are getting nearly that amount.

I realise no one on here will know the answer to this ( I think), but if the courts decided some form of compensation was due as the season was not allowed to finish, and then the three clubs involved could show loss of earnings (income) emanating from their relegation, would the courts then consider the element of the end position that was due to the clubs being in that position due to their own performances?

So , for example, the court agrees Hearts would lose £1m in income, but contributed to the position themselves via performances leading up to the final game,  so decide a fair settlement is £250k?

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

There is absolutely no way those three clubs are getting nearly that amount.

I tend to agree, but it's the only potential figures that have been mentioned so far. What figure do you reckon they'll get, if anything?

35 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Do you not think that Dundee United, Raith or Cove would have been taking exactly the same sort of legal action based on null and void?

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Do you not think that Dundee United, Raith or Cove would have been taking exactly the same sort of legal action based on null and void?

Would they have the cash to do so though? It's pretty obvious that it's not just partick that are getting this bankrolled for them but hearts as well.

Hearts and partick have always emphasised their point that no club should be negatively affected by the early finish to the league season.  The biggest negative of relegation is loss of income so I would presume compensation would then right that wrong.

Just now, craigkillie said:

I don't think those clubs have the cash to do it, but aside from that the situations are different. Hearts/Thistle/Stranraer all have a case for compensation because they hadn't been relegated when the games stopped and can prove that they will now lose money as a result of relegation being forced on them. Dundee United/Raith/Cove hadn't won anything, so how do you claim loss of earnings for a promotion you hadn't yet won? It would've been a pisser for them, no doubt, but I don't see how their claim is the same as Hearts/Thistle/Stranraer.