27 games. 14,10,10,10

With the vote in the Championship being to have a 27 game season what happens if there's no agreement in League 1 and League 2 since the Championship required 8 out of 10 to vote for it in order for it to pass? Is the default forcing teams to have a 36 game season or not having a season at all?

With the vote in the Championship being to have a 27 game season what happens if there's no agreement in League 1 and League 2 since the Championship required 8 out of 10 to vote for it in order for it to pass? Is the default forcing teams to have a 36 game season or not having a season at all?

I reckon they’ll vote for a “maximum of 27” with the option of a further vote to reduce to 18 at a later date.

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

When Jim Gannon was the Motherwell manager I remember him saying that the Scottish Premiership was quite unique due to the different sizes of the clubs playing there. Comparing our clubs to English clubs, he said that there were two English Premiership sized clubs (Celtic and Sevco), 4 English Championship sized clubs (Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee United) and that the rest were comparable to English League 1 or 2 clubs.

If we look at Scottish clubs that currently fall into this category, you have Dundee, Motherwell, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone, Dunfermline, Falkirk, St Mirren, Partick Thistle, Inverness, Raith Rovers, Ross County and Hamilton.

Just under these you would have Livingston, Morten, Ayr United and QoS.

So I would say yes, a 14 team top league is perfectly viable.

Wouldnt see dundee united as an english championship size club to be honest. Possibly a burton Albion type that have the odd season up there but are really a lower league side.

3 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Hearts announce legal route, time for the popcorn 🤣

Surely they don't have a legal case at all?

The decision has been taken following a vote by member clubs, which include Hearts, Thistle and Stranraer. Other than "aye, but I don't like the result", there's surely no basis at all for this.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Their legal council obviously think they do.  I doubt they're going to go down this route without having at least some chance in their eyes of winning. 

What's that you say? The lawyers who will make a shit-ton of money win or lose say they have a chance? 

Just now, NewBornBairn said:

What's that you say? The lawyers who will make a shit-ton of money win or lose say they have a chance? 

Budge despite her faults has been very successful in business so I'm sure she will have people she trusts in this area.

'Hearts reiterated their belief that no club should be disadvantaged unnecessarily amid the Covid-19 pandemic' Yet they did everything to push 14-14-14.

Kevin Bridges would be delighted with material like that [emoji23]

You were not disadvantaged.

You remained in the third tier of Scottish Football.

Other clubs were brought up a tier and Clyde shat it....