27 games. 14,10,10,10

13 hours ago, TheScarf said:

But Falkirk didn’t catch Raith. The season ended with Raith winning the league. 

You need to compare 2nd to 4th now. Raith and Dundee United aren’t in the equation. Why should Falkirk, 4 points ahead of 3rd, be promoted, yet The Caley, 4 points ahead of 3rd, not be?

Its all academic now, but Raith most certainly were in the equation. Falkirk were a point behind, with Raith at home still to come.  Airdrie & Montrose may well have been 4 & 5 points respectively behind us, but were extremely unlikely to overtake BOTH Falkirk and Raith.  Caley hadn't a snowball's chance of catching Utd.   If you had been a point behind, with United still to come to Inverness, how would you see it? Still worrying about Ayr's misfortune? 

9 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

And a number of your fellow fans are in here complaining that the same promotion might not be handed to Falkirk.

I don't think anyone's going to be running around saying we "won" or didn't "win" promotion though. 

Its all academic now, but Raith most certainly were in the equation. Falkirk were a point behind, with Raith at home still to come.  Airdrie & Montrose may well have been 4 & 5 points respectively behind us, but were extremely unlikely to overtake BOTH Falkirk and Raith.  Caley hadn't a snowball's chance of catching Utd.   If you had been a point behind, with United still to come to Inverness, how would you see it? Still worrying about Ayr's misfortune? 

Don’t think airdrie would’ve won it but hard not to totally count us out either we had raith and Falkirk away back to back if we had won both then who knows. Falkirk hadn’t beaten us this season. Agree you have been harder done to than us but I think from an airdrie point of you i feel aggrieved too. Maybe likewise with Montrose and EF

1 hour ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

They aren’t now though. They’ve been promoted, as have Dundee United. This is Falkirk and Airdrie and The Caley and Dundee. 

1 hour ago, Diamond10 said:

Don’t think airdrie would’ve won it but hard not to totally count us out either we had raith and Falkirk away back to back if we had won both then who knows. Falkirk hadn’t beaten us this season. Agree you have been harder done to than us but I think from an airdrie point of you i feel aggrieved too. Maybe likewise with Montrose and EF

Yeah, can see your point, who knows how it would have played out, but overtaking both teams, not one, was a pretty unlikely scenario for you.  League 1 was clearly the tightest at the top - in fact, up for grabs - and it would've caused a tsunami of tears and snotters (and different voting patterns), if ITC & Dundee, and Ayr, had been as comparably close to DU when everything was stopped.  

And no point even debating the top league, 'cause we all know what would have happened - and what most certainly WOULDN'T - if there had been a solitary point between the two bigots.  

Meantime, when's the reconstruction proposal for 2-10-10-10-10 going to the vote? 

If it's permanent I don't really get Ross County's problem, always thought it would struggle in the championship, due to most of the clubs despising Scott Gardiner. 

Ross county and a few similar clubs seem to be concerned about a lack of meaningful matches once the league splits. They think this will impact on attendances etc. If your team narrowly misses out on 6th after 26 games then the season is essentially over as you are likely to be well clear of the bottom teams.

The answer to that, in my opinion is to make 7th place a potential European slot, or perhaps a play off against 4th for a Europa league slot. That certainly gives these mid table teams something to play for post split.

I also think county should be thinking in terms of survival in the top flight. This would surely be easier in a 14 team league rather than a 12.

Just now, Clyde01 said:

Ross county and a few similar clubs seem to be concerned about a lack of meaningful matches once the league splits. They think this will impact on attendances etc. If your team narrowly misses out on 6th after 26 games then the season is essentially over as you are likely to be well clear of the bottom teams.

The answer to that, in my opinion is to make 7th place a potential European slot, or perhaps a play off against 4th for a Europa league slot. That certainly gives these mid table teams something to play for post split.

I also think county should be thinking in terms of survival in the top flight. This would surely be easier in a 14 team league rather than a 12.

That’s a good idea, I couldn’t understand their issue because as you said, survival would be easier in a permanent 14 team top flight. Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t think there is actually any meaningless games, every game, is the chance to get more points on the board, end the season with more points, move up a place so more prize money. I don’t know if they feel, they won’t sell as many tickets or season tickets because of it, but that’s a odd, most fans will go watch the team, play most teams. I think it’s a silly  decision from Ross County to say the least. If the want better chance of survival, they’d be more for it. 

4 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Agree with the principle of this. End of season play-offs between the teams either side of a split - but carried through to each division - would give every league something to play for.  We badly need some fresh energy...whenever it us we get the chance to use it. 

20 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

I'm probably gonna get roasted for this but f**k it I'm gonna say it anyway. 

Part time teams shouldn't get to vote on matters like reconstruction, to me it just seems wrong that a teams with a few hundred fans at home games gets to vote on such important matters for the full time teams. 

I'm away to hide now 🤣

An elitist Falkirk fan. Ffs😂

Changing the lower leagues from three 10s to two larger divisions could easily be done for the next again season. What many people objected to was basing this on current standings in hindsight. If it was clearly outlined in advance how this migration would occur then you would know what was at stake and it would all be much fairer.

18 minutes ago, Highland Bully Wee said:

C' mon lads Falkirk would effctively be 4 points behind Raith as they had to play us again........ 3 pumpings from a part-time team.. and you're wishing to exclude us from a vote on reconstruction!!.....

Anyway congratulations on your promotion next week

doug partying GIF by NickSplat

Or you could do some kind of reset - maybe excluding the results vs top 6 ?

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If it's a 14 team top flight it needs to be a straight 2 up 2 down surely. You then garner more support from the championship. 1 up 1 down and a playoff for 14 teams is ridic.

Rank. The playoffs have been great for all the leagues. Getting rid of them in any division would be absolutely dreadful.

Rank. The playoffs have been great for all the leagues. Getting rid of them in any division would be absolutely dreadful.

2 up 2 down and playoffs would be good. Or remove the relegation element of the playoffs and have 2 down automatically, winners up automatically and playoffs for 2nd-5th, as per England