27 games. 14,10,10,10

32 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

I said nothing about any new rules, I stated the difference between Falkirk to 1st place and Caley to 1st place. 

For example, Falkirk could have caught Raith, they were a point behind, Caley never would have caught Dundee Utd. I never mentioned anything about teams behind them.

But Falkirk didn’t catch Raith. The season ended with Raith winning the league. 

You need to compare 2nd to 4th now. Raith and Dundee United aren’t in the equation. Why should Falkirk, 4 points ahead of 3rd, be promoted, yet The Caley, 4 points ahead of 3rd, not be?

In the field of psychology, cognitive dissonance occurs when a person holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values; or participates in an action that goes against one of these three, and experiences psychological stress because of that. According to this theory, when two actions or ideas are not psychologically consistent with each other, people do all in their power to change them until they become consistent.[1] The discomfort is triggered by the person's belief clashing with new information perceived, wherein they try to find a way to resolve the contradiction to reduce their discomfort.[1][2]

In A Theory of Cognitive Dissonance (1957), Leon Festinger proposed that human beings strive for internal psychological consistency to function mentally in the real world. A person who experiences internal inconsistency tends to become psychologically uncomfortable and is motivated to reduce the cognitive dissonance. They tend to make changes to justify the stressful behavior, either by adding new parts to the cognition causing the psychological dissonance or by avoiding circumstances and contradictory information likely to increase the magnitude of the cognitive dissonance.[2]

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

The one thing you can guarantee is that if sevco had only been one point behind celtic then things would've been dealt with a hell of a lot differently that's for sure.

True.  And if you're auntie had baws she'd be your uncle.

3 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

If Airdrie were in our position I’m sure your views would be a tad different.

And that would be one of the, no doubt, many things you believe which aren't actually true but regardless, if Airdrie were in that position and I did think all of this was justified on the basis of fairness, then I'd be as wrong as a lot of the Falkirk fans on here currently are.

27 minutes ago, stuartcraig said:

True.  And if you're auntie had baws she'd be your uncle.

You cant actually say that these days giving women identifying with being a man and vice versa, 

53 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

You need to compare 2nd to 4th now. Raith and Dundee United aren’t in the equation. Why should Falkirk, 4 points ahead of 3rd, be promoted, yet The Caley, 4 points ahead of 3rd, not be?

Under 14-10-10-10 both would be promoted, which is fine, I have no issue with that. That wasn't my point, There's still a difference between the grievance Falkirk have, to Caley though,  but I never said Caley shouldn't get promoted, I wouldn't have an issue if they did. 

1 hour ago, stuartcraig said:

But the comment you replied to had and you ignored it in your response, implying that you didn't think it was relevant to the question of fairness.

My point was, Falkirk could have finished first, they were in the middle of a title battle with Raith, unfortunately for them, when the league was called, they were a point behind Raith at that time in the title race, with regards to Inverness, they wouldn't have caught Dundee United. So I get why Falkirk fans are really annoyed. As the example has already been given, if it were two bigger clubs in a title race, what happened to Raith and Falkirk, would never have happened. 

43 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

If Airdrie were in our position I’m sure your views would be a tad different.

To be fair, if any team were in your position, or Thistle's, or Hearts', they'd be saying different. Most people look at the whole thing, through tinted specs. 

5 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

My point was, Falkirk could have finished first, they were in the middle of a title battle with Raith, unfortunately for them, when the league was called, they were a point behind Raith at that time in the title race, with regards to Inverness, they wouldn't have caught Dundee United. So I get why Falkirk fans are really annoyed. As the example has already been given, if it were two bigger clubs in a title race, what happened to Raith and Falkirk, would never have happened. 

Thing is given the comments from McGlynn and Raith chairman they should be awarded the league when there was 8 games left. Raith could just as easily have finished 4th as they could have 1st you would have had to been mystic meg to come out with how the league was going to turn out as there would definitely have been a few twists in it and changes in league positions 6 points between Montrose and 1st thats only 2 wins and if you look at the Raith form for the last 5 games 2 wins , 2 draws and a loss, Airdrie same as us 3 wins, a draw and a loss, and Montrose 3 wins and 2 losses

1 minute ago, AL-FFC said:

Thing is given the comments from McGlynn and Raith chairman they should be awarded the league when there was 8 games left. Raith could just as easily have finished 4th as they could have 1st you would have had to been mystic meg to come out with how the league was going to turn out as there would definitely have been a few twists in it and changes in league positions 6 points between Montrose and 1st thats only 2 wins and if you look at the Raith form for the last 5 games 2 wins , 2 draws and a loss, Airdrie same as us 3 wins, a draw and a loss, and Montrose 3 wins and 2 losses

Fair enough,  you couldn't call it, unlike the other leagues, where, Celtic, Dundee United and Cove, were almost certainly winning. 

24 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Fair enough,  you couldn't call it, unlike the other leagues, where, Celtic, Dundee United and Cove, were almost certainly winning. 

I think it was more the desperation for Raith for to be declared winners from their Board and Manager had the fixture list have been completed and they won it, thern fair enough but with 8 games to go its pretty much like yourselves you had a game in hand and only 2 points behind.

1 minute ago, Mantis Toboggan said:

If it's permanent I don't really get Ross County's problem, always thought it would struggle in the championship, due to most of the clubs despising Scott Gardiner. 

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Raith were awarded the league.