27 games. 14,10,10,10

5 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

I'm probably gonna get roasted for this but f**k it I'm gonna say it anyway. 

Part time teams shouldn't get to vote on matters like reconstruction, to me it just seems wrong that a teams with a few hundred fans at home games gets to vote on such important matters for the full time teams. 

I'm away to hide now 🤣

So hardly any League 1 and 2 teams get to vote on whether their league gets reconstructed?

Guest Ecosse83
8 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

So hardly any League 1 and 2 teams get to vote on whether their league gets reconstructed?

What reconstruction/change is happening in their league's under the new proposal? 

Edited by Ecosse83

4 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

What reconstruction/change is happening in their league's under the new proposal? 

I took it as under any proposal, for example a 14-14-14, or 14-14-18. Fair point, under the 14-10-10-10, although part-time clubs, such as Alloa and Arbroath in the Championship would argue that they deserve a vote on potential teams coming into their league, like all the full-time teams. The League 2 clubs, who don't want Brora and Kelty in the SPFL, because their scared of them, would also argue against that. But I do see where you're coming from, with regards to an extended Premiership. 

I'm probably gonna get roasted for this but f**k it I'm gonna say it anyway. 

Part time teams shouldn't get to vote on matters like reconstruction, to me it just seems wrong that a teams with a few hundred fans at home games gets to vote on such important matters for the full time teams. 

I'm away to hide now 🤣

Why stop at part-time / a few hundred fans?

Anyone with less than a 10K home attendance should know their place and just be grateful for the wise benevolence of their rightful masters.

Guest Ecosse83
7 minutes ago, stuartcraig said:

Why stop at part-time / a few hundred fans?

Anyone with less than a 10K home attendance should know their place and just be grateful for the wise benevolence of their rightful masters.

Do you think 4th tier clubs get such a big say in any other league in the world?

16 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Do you think 4th tier clubs get such a big say in any other league in the world?

After the merger of the SPL and the SFL then yes, they absolutely should get a say. 

So it’s only unfair for The Caley to get promoted in 2nd but it’s ok for Falkirk and Edinburgh City to be? 

The Falkirk, who like The Caley, were 4 clear of 3rd.

If 14-10-10-10 does eventually get the nod, then what the hell was wrong with 14-14-16? Teams and fans are sick to death of playing each other at least 4 times a season (sometimes as many as 6 times depending on play-offs). Repetitive matches is the absolute partypooper of Scottish football.

Only in Scottish football could we have taken such an impressively long time to finally have the most logical option on the table in 14-10-10-10. Grievances from Hearts, Partick, Falkirk, Stranraer, Edinburgh, Kelty and Brora dealt with in one swoop. Doesn't disadvantage the likes of Clyde & Peterhead either, yes missing out on some away day cash but an increased chance of promotion for themselves. Gives ourselves and Partick some teams to play if L1&2 aren't starting til Jan. The only argument against is I'd feel slightly sorry for Dundee and Ayr as they were only a couple of points behind Inverness, but given the weighted play-off system in the Championship they were unlikely to actually go up. A 14 team top league with a 6/8 split seems a bonkers concept but hopefully a gateway to expanding further in the future 

Kelty and Brora’s ‘grievance’ was no greater than any of the other nine teams who would have been in a play off spot

7 minutes ago, monthefife said:

If 14-10-10-10 does eventually get the nod, then what the hell was wrong with 14-14-16? Teams and fans are sick to death of playing each other at least 4 times a season (sometimes as many as 6 times depending on play-offs). Repetitive matches is the absolute partypooper of Scottish football.

I think the main objection is that clubs who would be in the 3rd tier of 4 would end up in the 3rd tier of 3, with the risk of being one bad season away from relegation out of the senior leagues. Of course, the fact that relegation is less likely with more teams and that they would also be only one good season away from promotion to the 2nd tier, doesnt seem to count

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

So it’s only unfair for The Caley to get promoted in 2nd but it’s ok for Falkirk and Edinburgh City to be? 

The Falkirk, who like The Caley, were 4 clear of 3rd.

Falkirk were a point behind the 1st place promotion winners, bit of a difference between them and Caley. 

28 minutes ago, monthefife said:

Although I agree, this is a better format, it’s unfair to Clyde and Peterhead, who get put into the bottom tier after being in the second bottom tier. 

4 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Falkirk were a point behind the 1st place promotion winners, bit of a difference between them and Caley. 

They didn’t win the league though. Same as The Caley didn’t. The comparison should be with their fellow play off contenders. Raith were in an automatic promotion position. Falkirk weren’t. 

6 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

So fairness of automatically promoting the 2nd top team in each league is directly proportional to their proximity to the team in 1st place but not the proximity of the teams behind them.
f**k me!  These new rules are getting even harder to keep track of than the mechanics of the European competition coefficient system.

Only in Scottish football could we have taken such an impressively long time to finally have the most logical option on the table in 14-10-10-10. Grievances from Hearts, Partick, Falkirk, Stranraer, Edinburgh, Kelty and Brora dealt with in one swoop. Doesn't disadvantage the likes of Clyde & Peterhead either, yes missing out on some away day cash but an increased chance of promotion for themselves. Gives ourselves and Partick some teams to play if L1&2 aren't starting til Jan. The only argument against is I'd feel slightly sorry for Dundee and Ayr as they were only a couple of points behind Inverness, but given the weighted play-off system in the Championship they were unlikely to actually go up. A 14 team top league with a 6/8 split seems a bonkers concept but hopefully a gateway to expanding further in the future 

This goes a long way to summing up the self interest in all this. You’re essentially happy as Falkirk would go up.
No mention of unfairness on Airdrie who are the same number of points behind Falkirk as ICT are to Dundee (who you do feel sorry for). While similarly ICT are 5 ahead of Ayr (who you also feel sorry for), the same number as Falkirk are of Montrose.
The solution is the most logical and given that and the fact I’m so bored with all this means I don’t care if it goes through or not (I’m just pleased the B team nonsense got kicked out). But the way you’ve impressively chosen to ignore your own league as this benefits your club deserves calling out.

20 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

This goes a long way to summing up the self interest in all this. You’re essentially happy as Falkirk would go up.
No mention of unfairness on Airdrie who are the same number of points behind Falkirk as ICT are to Dundee (who you do feel sorry for). While similarly ICT are 5 ahead of Ayr (who you also feel sorry for), the same number as Falkirk are of Montrose.
The solution is the most logical and given that and the fact I’m so bored with all this means I don’t care if it goes through or not (I’m just pleased the B team nonsense got kicked out). But the way you’ve impressively chosen to ignore your own league as this benefits your club deserves calling out.

As a Mo fan, I can't find much to be happy about with 14-10-10-10.

Obviously suits other teams better than us.

I feel League 1 is being downgraded from what it would have been without reconstruction. We lose Partick Thistle and Falkirk for Cove Rangers and Edinburgh City!

All because some clubs just won't take their medicine.

Ragin' at the farce that is Scottish football.

Edited by Brummo
's

16 minutes ago, stuartcraig said:

So fairness of automatically promoting the 2nd top team in each league is directly proportional to their proximity to the team in 1st place but not the proximity of the teams behind them.
f**k me!  These new rules are getting even harder to keep track of than the mechanics of the European competition coefficient system.

I said nothing about any new rules, I stated the difference between Falkirk to 1st place and Caley to 1st place. 

For example, Falkirk could have caught Raith, they were a point behind, Caley never would have caught Dundee Utd. I never mentioned anything about teams behind them.

22 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

For example, Falkirk could have caught Raith, they were a point behind, Caley never would have caught Dundee Utd. I never mentioned anything about teams behind them.

But the comment you replied to had and you ignored it in your response, implying that you didn't think it was relevant to the question of fairness.